Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't install correctly, and apparently won't uninstall correctly.

2...Next

Comments

• ninja12000ninja12000 Posts: 1
    edited April 2012

omg same here i just got my game yesterday and i already had the game so im going to call the company today and find out wats wrong
  • emilynool12emilynool12 Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I'm having the same problem someone please help :(
  • emilynool12emilynool12 Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    i love sims 3
    :D
  • jerarice98jerarice98 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I know this might be a little late, but I had the same frustrating problem. :evil: When I tried to do the step-by-step solution from jokerninja I was missing a folder. So I googled program uninstaller cleanup and got this http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_uninstall_features.html and it did the trick!!! I highly recommend it. When it says it found left over folders, delete all the EA stuff.

Good luck, and happy simming! :)
  • kezzadeankezzadean Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    everytime i try to install sims 3 generations it keeps on coming up with would you like to remove this game and all of its features . i have installed it once and unistalled it but now it wont let me reinstall it can anybody help??
  • XDlooolXDXDlooolXD Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    I did uninstall every sims 3 expansion and the original and the sims 3 pets still wont uninstall and its annoying because i want to play on it again :(
  • VampyressVampyress Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love ccleaner <33 I have used it for probably 4 yrs now instead of the windows default disk clean and to clean my registery as well
  • LauraW116LauraW116 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    this is a big problem i had mine installed and my i installed another pack and gave pets to my cousin and he installed it his worked for 1night mine worked for half a week :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • mightyeglantinemightyeglantine Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    @jokerninja: When deleting the registry keys, I had no Electronic Arts folder in the SOFTWARE section. Do you have any idea why?

So I learned that since the file 'Electronic Arts' isnt there then you should look for a file named 'Wow6432Node'
  • Red_EmeraldRed_Emerald Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I bought the starter pack. It comes with a code to redeem High-End Loft Stuff. I downloaded it, but won't it INSTALL. I also can't install Date Night Exclusive SET or Prius Family Set/ Please help! :?

The error I get:
    http://tinypic.com/r/28k4mtz/5
  • DIjohnNadeanDIjohnNadean Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Ok here is my problem, I'm 13 and I just got the sims 3 in origin and then for my B-day I got the sims 3 pets expansion pack, and then after i played on it I logged off, then the next day I got back on, and a question popped up and said "Do you want to completely remove your selected applications and all of its features?" and so I clicked no then nothing happened, and I was soo dumb not to click the game again, then I shut my laptop down, and when I got back on and clicked the game to play it the question popped up again and I got so fustrated I just clicked yes and then again nothing happened and nothing happend and then I went to computer and I was making sure it was still there and it wasn't! So how do I get my game back, because it was really fun to play for like 3 hours then NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN!! :shock: :( :?
  • DIjohnNadeanDIjohnNadean Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Ok here is my problem, I'm 13 and I just got the sims 3 in origin and then for my B-day I got the sims 3 pets expansion pack, and then after i played on it I logged off, then the next day I got back on, and a question popped up and said "Do you want to completely remove your selected applications and all of its features?" and so I clicked no then nothing happened, and I was soo dumb not to click the game again, then I shut my laptop down, and when I got back on and clicked the game to play it the question popped up again and I got so fustrated I just clicked yes and then again nothing happened and nothing happend and then I went to computer and I was making sure it was still there and it wasn't! So how do I get my game back, because it was really fun to play for like 3 hours then NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN!! :shock: :( :?
  • Cray-zee_caytzCray-zee_caytz Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    :shock:

So what I did was:

1. got sims 3 pets
    2. installed it
    3. waited 1 hr while it installed
    4. clicked play
    5. exit the game
    6. uninstalled reinstalled (crashing also!)
    7. clicked play on sims 3 pets
    8. saw that there was NO PETS
    9. opened "Uninstall a Program"
    10. it had said "Please wait until the current program is finished changing or uninstalling."
    11. waited....
    12. waited some more
    13. checked the next day
    14. nothing was different.
    15. came here and plead for help.
    16. typed this out

PLEASE HELP ME!

P L E A SE
  • edited March 2014
    Sims 3 Pets has been a frustration to me since I first installed it.

After the first re-install it worked 'ok', not great, but the game would run and as long as I avoided horses nothing spontaneously shut down. Now I've installed another ep (one I actually like) and decided the two pets that I have used in all of my families are not worth the space on my hard drive. I decided to uninstall Pets.

1. I followed the directions that everyone listed here, but it wouldn't load the launcher.
    2. So I uninstalled everything.
    3. Now that the games I want are re-installed when I try to open the launcher I get an error message saying 'check the log'. Well thank you incredibly uninformative message.
    4. I used the log reader program and it tells me that I'm missing the skuversion.txt file for Sims 3 Pets.... the ONE AND ONLY ep that I don't want installed anyway!

Why is this? I am sick of having to re-install a game and its ep's that literally take ALL DAY! I'm Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I know this convo is old, but I don't know where to put it.
  • TaylorC157TaylorC157 Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    Revo Uninstaller successfully deleted my game even though I was missing listed files in the registry that the manual removal list states. I can now re-install my game (would not even launch TS3 base game at all). Anyone having major problems, back up your saves, remove what you can, use Revo to remove whatever doesn't want to leave, and re-install, move your saves back. :) cheers!
  • RockyRoad99RockyRoad99 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Did anyone ever solve the problem...?
  • kinnliesuepkinnliesuep Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello. I first bought the Sims 3 two or three days after i bought my new laptop (windows 8 ). i got the starter pack that had the Sims 3, high-end loft stuff and late night. some time after i bought university and seasons. they all installed fine so i continued playing them! about a month or two later i got the "Expansion Bundle" with World Adventures and Generations. they both installed fine as well so i continued playing. As usual i bought Pets and Island Paradise about a month or two later, Pets installed fine and the launcher was working great but when i tried to install Island Paradise, well that's when it all went down hill. I expected it to go normal like always but then a thing came up saying that i need to update Origin (i had installed the Sims 3 with origin by the way. sorry forgot to mention that. :shock: ) so i clicked on yes and it updated Origin. then this window thing came up that had on it "Origin Update Tool". i didn't know what it was so i pressed no and continued. i cant really remember what exactly happened after that because this was about a month ago. But here's what i DO remember after i thought that i had installed Island Paradise, i opened the launcher to play it. i was SOO excited to play them but when i opened it, it said that there was an error with the game launcher so i shut down my laptop and powered it up again... Same dang thing. :evil: i was soooo crushed and sad that i couldn't play it anymore so i went to my brother who is a genius with technology. he said to uninstall everything and re-install it so that's what i tried to do. i uninstall all the Expansion packs and then tried to uninstall The Sims 3. It said that it uninstalled it so i tried to re-install it again but it said that it was still installed so i tried to uninstall it again. that didn't work so i tried to uninstall Origin. i uninstalled origin and then Re-installed it. i tried to install the Sims 3 again and it said the same thing!!! :evil: i was beyond mad and stressed. I went to my brother and told him what was wrong. He said that he'd try to fix it so i took a shower and came back. He said he fixed it. i was so happy :mrgreen: he had started to install the Sims 3 again. It took 4 days for it to finally get done downloading and start to install. i waited for it to do so and when it finally said "Installing" i was like finally!!!! :D but as all great things that came to an end. it said that the sims 3 was already installed and that i needed to uninstall that version before i install this one. :cry: and again i was crushed! i asked my brother for help again but he said no and that he was fed up with my laptop being stupid. so now here i am on the internet trying to find answers.thought i found something so i followed the instructions to it. when i tried to do one of the instructions, the file wasnt there so i deciced. hey! would it help if i just delete the Electronic Arts Folder? idk... so now im here asking for help!!! :cry: i love the sims 3 just please please help me and give the insructions and answers i need!!!
    yours truely,
    Kinnlie. :cry:
  • Ultraalexander3500Ultraalexander3500 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having problems uninstalling the sims 3 generations whenever I click to uninstall it quickly finishes right away and it was still in the programs and features where I have to uninstall it, even though I have been reading the instructions on how to get rid of it from the regedit program. Isn't there any idea how to get this problem out?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I was having problems uninstalling the sims 3 generations whenever I click to uninstall it quickly finishes right away and it was still in the programs and features where I have to uninstall it, even though I have been reading the instructions on how to get rid of it from the regedit program. Isn't there any idea how to get this problem out?
    Uninstall as best you can from the Programs and Features control panel. Then run the free version of CCleaner to (hopefully) cleanup the rest.
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net