March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

• jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    crimrose wrote:
    ^But then they'd get even more offended! :)

These forums do make me laugh at times, with the silliness of some people, and with how trivial people can be sometimes. Equally there are some amazingly creative people out there. On the other hand, it disheartens me to see some bullies here, who pick on children and generally try to make others miserable. As for KPST, I never really liked the idea from the start, but I would never say that anyone who enjoyed it was stupid for liking it. People like different things. To me KPST was a silly idea and very juvenile, but to you it might be the best Stuff Pack yet! Funny how that works.

Edited because, apparently, b*tt-hurt is a censored word? Why?

I agree. I mean, I was pretty upset that at least one person HAD to write a rude flaming comment on Catloverplayers threads, (he loves this SP as much as I do!), but I stick up for him, and the person gets upset, and proceeds to throw a hissy fit about being called a troll by another person. :lol: Soooooo what do I have to do with some other person calling you a troll? Just because I like this SP? :roll:
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think it looks adorably delicious.

Definitely nothing to take seriously though.

I made a house for it which is all candy.

I would never use it for a 'regular' house though.
  • MorskanaMorskana Posts: 28
    edited June 2012
    I don't care for the Katy Perry name brand (or her music), but I like the stuff pack. The furniture is SO cute. I love the cupcake chair, it's my favourite! The clothes and hair are weird, but most of my Sims are nuts, so it suits them. Also, I quite enjoy dressing the Goth family in the pinkest, most fluffiest, and horrifyingly glittery outfits possible. Poor Gunther. I had him wearing this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/7339654522/
    I don't think he liked it.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2012
    All the hate and animosity is really useless. It's just a stuff pack. I don't personally care for the theme, so I didn't buy it. It's that simple. Complaining and ranting about it endlessly won't get you anywhere. The best thing you can do, if you hate it, is NOT buy it, because that alone will tell EA that you don't want to see any more of this celebrity-focused stuff in the future. If you buy it anyway "for the sake of completion" or whatever, then the only thing EA sees is another sale to validate why they made it to begin with.

People need to accept that everyone has different tastes. I for one like Fast Lane even though many others don't because it adds a lot more variety to the types of cars available. I like the style of Diesel though it doesn't suit some other folks. Nobody is going to like everything...just deal with it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited June 2012
    Its all about opinion. Personally, I like it. A lot of people don't, and that's fine. All I care about is my opinion. If you don't like it, you can choose to not like it, as long as you let me like it. There have been EPs and SPs that I don't like, and some that I do. They can't always please everyone.
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh no no, I wasn’t referring to collectors like that – sorry if it came across that way. More the ones who were saying how much they hated it then added ‘oh but I’m going to get it anyway for my collection’. To me those people had absolutely 100% no use for the pack just like myself and so I thought it was a bit weird that they would still part with their money for something they absolutely hated. Liking elements and waiting for it to get cheaper so you can eventually have it is totally different to hating it completely yet still buying it (and at full price at that) – that’s the kind of mentality I don’t understand.
    edited June 2012
    All the hate and animosity is really useless. It's just a stuff pack. I don't personally care for the theme, so I didn't buy it. It's that simple. Complaining and ranting about it endlessly won't get you anywhere. The best thing you can do, if you hate it, is NOT buy it, because that alone will tell EA that you don't want to see any more of this celebrity-focused stuff in the future. If you buy it anyway "for the sake of completion" or whatever, then the only thing EA sees is another sale to validate why they made it to begin with.

People need to accept that everyone has different tastes. I for one like Fast Lane even though many others don't because it adds a lot more variety to the types of cars available. I like the style of Diesel though it doesn't suit some other folks. Nobody is going to like everything...just deal with it.

Well said! :D I love this SP, but you're right. Attacking, and ranting will NOT get anyone anywhere. Not just people hating KPST, but it was like that with SimPort as well.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2012
    arent people over this already? lol

there is a new stuff pack and a new expansion being released in the near future and yet people are still here ranting and arguing about this?? why??
  • katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Because people enjoy discussing their opinions.
  • PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I do not understand why people who do not like this stuff pack come to this section of the forum....seems counterintuitive to me. I guess some people love saying their opinion over and over again. Politicians certainly do in real life. :lol: However, posting your opinion over and over again in multiple threads in this section of the forum does get old. It's like, "Oh here comes another rant from X". I understand some people are frustrated and want to vent, but there are more kind ways to do so.

If I don't like something, I avoid it...or I try to avoid the thread. However, the majority of the threads in this section of the forum are negative. I can't even avoid it anymore. I feel bad for the sims team who put this pack together, and I feel bad for the moderators. I certainly would not want to be surrounded by negative energy moderating this forum. What a downer. :(

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but seriously. Let the people who like the pack enjoy it, and the people who don't can feel free to voice their opinions, but the forum does not need dozens of threads saying the exact same thing.

& People are diverse, and different things appeal to different people. EA can not cater to everyones desires unfortunately. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I was not interested in previous stuff packs, so I didn't buy them. I never went into those forums to complain endlessly.

But...what do I know....lol :lol:
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    The trouble is though that you could use that argument for the positive threads too. What is the point of having multiple positive threads all saying the same thing about how much they like the SP? It doesn’t really work like that and if people who like it can post as many threads as they please saying that they like it then in turn those of us who don’t like it can post as many threads as we like saying that we don’t like it.

Now I can only speak for myself here, but I tried to keep out of the positive threads because they were not the place for me. I wanted to express my opinions on the stuff pack without basically gate crashing somebody else’s positive thread. I know not everybody showed the people who liked it that respect… but then not everyone who liked it showed that very same respect to the people who didn’t like it either.

It just isn’t fair to tell one group of people that they can post as much as they like, while the other group cannot – is it?

Edit: Is it just me or has this forum kind of died since the game came out? I know a lot of the activity was down to the warring factions of lovers and haters but I would have thought that this place would have been a hive of activity considering how freaking 'awesome' this pack was supposed to be.

I'd be really interested to see the sales figures for this one because now it's out I just do not see a lot of public interest. At least before people were at least talking about it regardless of which side of the camp they were sat on which would have been generating free advertising for EA (and KP).
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think this pack is kinda cute!Unfortunately. :wink:
  • PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    The trouble is though that you could use that argument for the positive threads too. What is the point of having multiple positive threads all saying the same thing about how much they like the SP? It doesn’t really work like that and if people who like it can post as many threads as they please saying that they like it then in turn those of us who don’t like it can post as many threads as we like saying that we don’t like it.

Now I can only speak for myself here, but I tried to keep out of the positive threads because they were not the place for me. I wanted to express my opinions on the stuff pack without basically gate crashing somebody else’s positive thread. I know not everybody showed the people who liked it that respect… but then not everyone who liked it showed that very same respect to the people who didn’t like it either.

It just isn’t fair to tell one group of people that they can post as much as they like, while the other group cannot – is it?

I agree, excess threads of any kind are stale. That's why I'm particular in which ones i invest my time into. I don't post very often, as I tend to read and if something strikes enough of my interest to take the time to type, then I will.

Anyway, I'm not trying to hijack this thread, and I've said my thoughts. Happy simming. :wink:
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2012
    :P There are no bad SPs,
    just bad purchasing decisions. :lol:

It should be obvious from looking at the objects if the SP is for you or not. It's a bad idea to buy an SP without seeing what's in it. I did not buy Sweet Treats because it wasn't created with me in mind. I can't use it. Others obviously can because it suits their needs.

I liked Fast Lane. I was disappointed in some of the cars. There were a few models that were just too cartoonish for me to use, but overall I use the content from it more often than the other SPs.

Bought it mainly for this. But some of the clothes weren't bad, and I use the shoes more than I use the shoes in Late Night.
    Screenshot-4148.jpg

Anyone buying Fast Lane for the hair, and it was really bad hair, really should have looked elsewhere for hair. And the clothes has a lot of racing themed based outfits, so buying it for clothes was a bad purchasing decision as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2012
    Actually, it's really not that bad. A lot of the clutter and decor will work in any kind of funky modern loft house. I've used several of the objects in some of my Young Adult "Party" loft homes. There are a few good clothes (the two formal dresses, the shorts aren't bad, the t-shirts are fine, etc.), and the main furniture is great for a kids' room. It really becomes overwhelming only when you deck out an entire house in it. But a little bit here and there isn't bad. Of course, you can go all out if you want, but there's a lot of potential there either way. The hair is pretty awful, though (just my opinion).

To me the worst packs were probably Town Life (just some rabbit holes and a few boring clothes), and Fast Lane.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2012
    CK213, ltns...not that you know me but I remember your awesome pics from a few years ago. I think you even did a story about a penny or something? Some guy died..? Anywho, gonna see if ya got anymore nice pics floating around. :-o
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • breakbrucebreakbruce Posts: 230 Member
    edited June 2012
    I definitely agree that this is the worst stuff pack. $30 for stuff that doesn't seem to fit in my Sims 3 games. Probably a result of poorly managed brand endorsements.

However, if you want really bad stuff, it's from The Sims 3 Store. I've no idea why EA wants to charge us for custom content.
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2012
    Best stuff pack ever ... in my opinion. I am already getting a ton of usage out of the items.

My sim kids' parks, hangouts, arcades, and playgrounds are all so cute. The kids look like they are having fun.

I remember ( in RL ) when I had candy themed parks and playgrounds when I was little.
    edited June 2012
    piddlesim wrote:
    Best stuff pack ever ... in my opinion. I am already getting a ton of usage out of the items.

My sim kids' parks, hangouts, arcades, and playgrounds are all so cute. The kids look like they are having fun.

I remember ( in RL ) when I had candy themed parks and playgrounds when I was little.

Those days were awesome! I agree this is the best! The worst, might be Town Life. It does add outfits, but don't we have ENOUGH rabbit holes?
  • Shark4231Shark4231 Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2012
    All stuff packs tend to show thier well "Negative sides". But this one is most likely not that good because its appeal is very VERY limited. Mostly its target is to Katy Perry fans and thats it. But even though I dont hate her music..I cannot buy this. I mean what is the use of these items? Its just stuff I would never ever use, like candy themed furniture and hairs? No thank you..sad to say Im a worthy Sim collector but youll have to tortue me if you want me to buy this. It has no appeal to me at all
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2012
    CK213, ltns...not that you know me but I remember your awesome pics from a few years ago. I think you even did a story about a penny or something? Some guy died..? Anywho, gonna see if ya got anymore nice pics floating around. :-o

Poor Remington. :lol:
    He should have never taken that Penny from Amy Li.
    I'm posting favorites in a thread in Stories and Legacies. click my siggy.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BlisssBlisss Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I haven't bought this pack yet, but only because my welcome screen grayed out, I had no idea what the new releases were, unless I came here of course.

I had my eye on this item ever since they advertised it. It's definitely a "girly" stuff pack. You would probably have to have a particular place for desserts in your heart, as I do & love my Yoforia, :) & also don't mind the more girlier colors like red and more importantly pink. If you checked these boxes then this would probably fit you the best.

Now, I'm a bit confused as to what it comes with, seems Ea won't spell this out for us in fear that we won't buy their product, or maybe they have and I just missed it. :lol: Regardless, I was hoping that it didn't come with any rabbit holes this time around, because rabbit holes are useless as I'm sure everyone can agree. Regarding pricing, a number between twenty and twenty five would have seemed more fitting. Since most of the product consist of decor it would deem appropriate to choose a price between twenty and twenty five, thirty is bit much.

My biggest peeve is the only song that they bothered to release for this pack was Last Friday Night. First of all, if you're a Katy Perry Fan you would want more music than just one single. What about Firework, I Kissed A Girl, Hot and Cold, Teenage Dream, The One That Got Away, One Of The Boys, Not like The Movies, she has so many good songs!!! (although some played out). I can't believe they didn't add at least 3 or 4 more tracks!!! This is absurd. I mean, what a tease!!! The most amazing part of the whole package would have been the music aspect, and it's NOT HERE. And I'm not surprised because while I think of these great idea's, nobody ever wants to do anything about them b/c it probably cost more money, but whatever it would have rocked, and EA should have brought it!!!! :wink:
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2012
    Blisss wrote:
    ... Now, I'm a bit confused as to what it comes with, seems Ea won't spell this out for us in fear that we won't buy their product, or maybe they have and I just missed it. :lol: Regardless, I was hoping that it didn't come with any rabbit holes this time around, because rabbit holes are useless as I'm sure everyone can agree. Regarding pricing, a number between twenty and twenty five would have seemed more fitting. Since most of the product consist of decor it would deem appropriate to choose a price between twenty and twenty five, thirty is bit much. ...

Sims VIP has a game manual up. You can see all of the items, outfits, hairstyles, and the lots here: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=9270

There are no rabbit holes or anything. Anyway, it is very girly, but I do like it. It's weird, playing around with the candy and stuff kind of makes me feel like a kid again. :)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm hoping to get it eventually whenever it goes on sale.
  • abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I want this sp now just for the cupcake bras and the awesome epic like fro for the ladies. Seriously now I have to do is save money or convince my mum and bro they will use it to.