Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pretty Boys Vs Manly Men

Comments

• KiwiLover875KiwiLover875 Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Thanks for Kevin, Kiwi. I just downloaded him. He sorta reminded me of an old boyfriend from High School days. Long time ago...

@annamr1: Thanks for putting up that link for Rocco. Downloaded him too.

Yay! New hunks in the hood. :D

you're most certainly welcomed, it makes me happy when people like my creations :mrgreen:
    I am deeply disturbed over the "pretty boy" trend. I like a good-looking guy, but I want him to be manly about it. I don't want to guess is that a guy or a gal, you know?

Hugh Laurie is a good looking, manly-man, for instance on the order of Clint Eastwood, and Yul Byner (you said, who? LOL).

Haha yeah, i know exactly what you mean about "is that a guy?" :lol: Im only 20-something but i think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is just yummy as a older manly man lol. like in the movie P.S. I love you :lol:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Sorry, KiwiLover.
    I took a dip in the pool. 8)

I looked in my file (default eyes) but it doesn't give a name. Being my first CC for TS3, I didn't keep the rar. I think I got the Eyes from MTS. Sorry. :(

I made him from a game I play in CAS. I change the age to Elder, close my eyes and randomize from 3-9 times then touch the face up a little but not too much, age him to teen and do a small alter...Adult then last to Young Adult to see if I can make Different Sims

My Last:
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Rflong7/1ElderMale.jpg
    Teen/Adult
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Rflong7/TeenAdult.jpg

Still hot through age transition LOL
    tumblr_nbohhmBjJm1r9tnsko1_1280.png
    >>>>Origin ID : BeeFierce <<<<
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    edited August 2009
    joyce19791 wrote:
    Men need to be men. Not wearing make-up and stuff. They're not barbie-dolls :roll:

What about manly models? lol they wear makeup, and actors too :P

Stage lights do weird things to skintones, so that is why make up is needed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2009
    amakachao wrote:
    the only examples of this i've uploaded are Mark Renton

From Trainspotting?
  • NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Turns out I was a little bit wrong about... Arlo's nose... but still... (Arlo? the hell kind of name is that? "Oh hai therr, ahm Arlo <8B")

Screenshot-9-1.jpg

Now THAT is manly... rowr... LMAO

But I HAVE only seen him in a tiny picture and when he was riding a bike around town (he rode into Chris Steel's Prius...)

Hey here's something interesting! headshot_large.jpg + Christopher Steel =
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    I'm so proud... even if he did suffer chronic ugly duckling syndrome....
  • SonicstinksSonicstinks Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    shellbeme wrote:
    And I'm sorry KiwiLover875, even your manly rugged man, is pretty. :wink:

LOL you're right he is kinda pretty.. but unlike the others i can actually see him chopping wood or something, Andre and Styker i could never see them doing anything manly :lol:
    OHHYEAAA!!! But aslong if they have abs then im in!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • HayluuHayluu Posts: 217 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have asian boys wanderin' around in my town (skinny.. cute long hair.. u can say pretyy..) :D
    edited August 2009
    Hayluu wrote:
    I have asian boys wanderin' around in my town (skinny.. cute long hair.. u can say pretyy..) :D

I saw an Indian emo kid once, that's like... uber rare where I live, and I just walked past him with some friends, stopped, did a double take and went "baw, how adorable"
    edited August 2009
    Nemamiah - Woooo Arlo is hideous! he looks like the leader of a cult! :shock:

That guy in the stripe hoddie is such a cutie!

Sonicstinks- :P Abs = <3

Hayluu So far it seems pretty boys are winning this thread. though some of you do like manly men.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    ....Hugh Laurie is a good looking, manly-man, for instance on the order of Clint Eastwood, and Yul Byner (you said, who? LOL).

I thought Clint Eastwood still looks strikingly handsome in his new movie, Gran Torino, for being 79 years old! Some men don't look half that good at age 50.
    edited August 2009
    Nemamiah - Woooo Arlo is hideous! he looks like the leader of a cult! :shock:

That guy in the stripe hoddie is such a cutie!

Sonicstinks- :P Abs = <3

Hayluu So far it seems pretty boys are winning this thread. though some of you do like manly men.

I like manly men!... like... like... OH GAWD I DON'T?! Since when!? BLAAAASPHEEEEME! I don't know... is David Tennant manly or pretty? Tom felton is almost pretty and I don't know what I think of him yet, other than "lol he got stuck in a bottle when he was a ginger baby"... David Boreanaz (sp?) is like... manly but then he smiles and you just go "baw you adorable fool!".... hm.... Robert Knepper isn't pretty... but I <3 him anyhow... Sylar/Zachary Quinto... pretty or manly? I don't know! HALP *drowns*

OH LORD! I FORGOT HUGH LAURIE WAS HOT! *curls up in a corner and sobs*

extra phooey... I don't have AIM =(
    edited August 2009
    Im gonna go wash my hair (im such a girl LOL..) and then play the sims.. i'll check this thread later lol.

ciao :P
  • xxmaddixxmaddi Posts: 503 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Pam: I agree! He is my favorite crotchety old BA ever<3 That's one of the best movies ever, imo.

I think I like pretty boys and manly men the same, they're both appealing in their own ways, although I usually have my sims date/marry/spawn with pretty boys. ;)
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow, Rflong7, what a nice redo you did of that elder man. He's handsome!

Personally, I think the game-generated Sims' noses are way too big and bulbous-y. Quite the h.onk.ers. Get out my paring knife, I say. ;)
  • JomosaurusJomosaurus Posts: 188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hayluu wrote:

I'm guilty of chasing after that kind of town. Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist and I fail at making guy sims so it's pretty hard for me to get one like that. D;

Nemamiah. Will you be uploading that Ugly Duckling child of yours. Because if you do, he's going to add to the prettyboy population of my town.

I am partial to adding the occasional manly sim to my town just to spice things up but ideally I'm almost all for the prettyboys. ^^'
  • Mandyc349Mandyc349 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2009
    Give me Aragorn anyday, he's the hottest EVER! Manly is definitely for me! :wink:

Having studied the pics you guys have submitted, unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the guys can't possibly look "rugged" in TS3. Nobody's fault, everyone's creations are great, but the graphics just do not allow for that manly, rugged look. :cry:

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2009
    Jomosaurus wrote:
    Hayluu wrote:

I'm guilty of chasing after that kind of town. Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist and I fail at making guy sims so it's pretty hard for me to get one like that. D;

Nemamiah. Will you be uploading that Ugly Duckling child of yours. Because if you do, he's going to add to the prettyboy population of my town.

I am partial to adding the occasional manly sim to my town just to spice things up but ideally I'm almost all for the prettyboys. ^^'

I'm exporting him from the game once he's finished trying to cop a feel and gone to raid her panty drawer (only so I can use CAS to share him ofc >.>)
  • cookie36cookie36 Posts: 274 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i prefer manly man but andre is sure a snack for the gods! :D
  • MinouChanMinouChan Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I prefer pretty boys.
    I've never really been attracted to manly men.
    My fiance is a pretty boy <3
  • MsCocoa30MsCocoa30 Posts: 388 New Member
    edited August 2009
    shellbeme wrote:
    And I'm sorry KiwiLover875, even your manly rugged man, is pretty. :wink:

Very true. My thought exactly. ;)
  • knuckleknuckle Posts: 182 New Member
    edited August 2009
    manly men..? XD

kevin is still a pretty boy.
  • eternallycharmedeternallycharmed Posts: 1,030 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I prefer pretty boys. :wink:
  • JomosaurusJomosaurus Posts: 188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nemamiah wrote:
    I'm exporting him from the game once he's finished trying to cop a feel and gone to raid her panty drawer (only so I can use CAS to share him ofc >.>)

Of course, of course. >.>
    edited August 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=879198 Why do they always end up pulling that same stupid face?! *nerdrage*

eghads I think he's missing a trait O_o...

he is, for anyone who cares, his 5th trait was supposed to be neurotic... I rolled it but I must've pressed the X instead of the tick...
  • Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim Sean... i dont know which side of the fence hes on when it comes to being a pretty boy or a manly guy. what do you guys think?

Screenshot-404.jpg

I think hes somewhere in between :shock:

Oh, oh, I know him! 8)

To me, I don't think I'd be able to go out with a guy who acted to much like a girl. Even though I am one, girls can annoy me.

I have no problem with guys doing i though. I say do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt anybody else. I could be very good friends with a guy like that. I just wouldn't be attracted to him. :)

But if a guy decides to act like he's a gangster or something...i can't even be friends with them. Especially wannabe ones. (I'm at a high school, so there are a lot of them :roll: )
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm.... Not my thing. I like a real guy. Haha.