Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pretty Boys Vs Manly Men

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know, sometimes I like me the Manly and sometimes I like to give a wink to the pretty boys. . .

It just a thing. :lol:
    My newest... :wink:
    [img]http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Rflong7/TS3/Screenshot-2-2.jpg"height=450 width=600"[/img]
  • KiwiLover875KiwiLover875 Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited August 2009
    joyce19791 wrote:
    Men need to be men. Not wearing make-up and stuff. They're not barbie-dolls :roll:

What about manly models? lol they wear makeup, and actors too :P
    tumblr_nbohhmBjJm1r9tnsko1_1280.png
    >>>>Origin ID : BeeFierce <<<<
    edited August 2009
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I don't know, sometimes I like me the Manly and sometimes I like to give a wink to the pretty boys. . .

[img]http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Rflong7/TS3/Screenshot-2-2.jpg"height=450 width=600"[/img]

Wooo hes cute! hes for sure right in the middle of pretty vs manly lol. those eyes are nice and lips. Where did you get those eyes :twisted:
  • joyce19791joyce19791 Posts: 420 Member
    edited August 2009
    joyce19791 wrote:
    Men need to be men. Not wearing make-up and stuff. They're not barbie-dolls :roll:

What about manly models? lol they wear makeup, and actors too :P

I just don't like the male-model look. It looks to girly for me.
  • amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited August 2009
    it's the lips. all your boys have lips that most women wish they have.

but i'm not saying that as a complaint :XD:
  • NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Your pretty boys look a bit... catty? you know, like they'd use and abuse you and have shouting matches with the local harlots.

Your manly men look like they support cuddles after sex as long as nobody finds out about it. They have softer features and you wouldn't mind watching them cut wood in the sun...

*death by nosebleed*
    edited August 2009
    joyce19791 wrote:

Ah i get it, yeah for me my taste in general is weird i can go from liking a pretty guy to being turned off by one. Too pretty is just not fun for me, probably why all of my ex BF's have been athletic :lol:
    amakachao wrote:
    it's the lips. all your boys have lips that most women wish they have.

but i'm not saying that as a complaint :XD:

LOL
    Nemamiah wrote:
    Your pretty boys look a bit... catty? you know, like they'd use and abuse you and have shouting matches with the local harlots.

Your manly men look like they support cuddles after sex as long as nobody finds out about it. They have softer features and you wouldn't mind watching them cut wood in the sun...

*death by nosebleed*

Exactly... i'd love to watch Kevin cut some wood in the sun LOL, Andre and Stryker would probably complain as the sun melts their makeup away :shock:
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    You asked for pics...okay here's an example of what I see as the difference between "pretty boy" and "manly man."

First is sweet-faced Jake Soto:

Screenshot-385.jpg

And next is the more rugged looking Reave Sullivan:

Screenshot-2252.jpg
    edited August 2009
    joyce19791 wrote:

Ah i get it, yeah for me my taste in general is weird i can go from liking a pretty guy to being turned off by one. Too pretty is just not fun for me, probably why all of my ex BF's have been athletic :lol:
    Nemamiah wrote:

*death by nosebleed*

Exactly... i'd love to watch Kevin cut some wood in the sun LOL, Andre and Stryker would probably complain as the sun melts their makeup away :shock:

*falls to knees* NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! He's not on the exchaaaaaaaaange! *cries*

Also... athletic ex's? nice, my boyfriend at the moment is like... athletic with an undertone of punk... (punk via piercing, and very much undertone LOL, tmi? I think not!)
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet I get it, Jake is more soft looking where as Reave is more chiseled within the face, he just has a intimidation look to him, i wouldn't wanna meet him in a dark alley :shock:
    edited August 2009
    Nemamiah wrote:
    *falls to knees* NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! He's not on the exchaaaaaaaaange! *cries*

Also... athletic ex's? nice, my boyfriend at the moment is like... athletic with an undertone of punk... (punk via piercing, and very much undertone LOL, tmi? I think not!)

Im gonna add Kevin in a second :mrgreen:

By undertone do you mean... "closet" ? :lol: haha oh boy ive dated a few "closeted" guys it was pure comedy.

[EDIT] - I'll brb turning on the game now :wink:
  • annamr1annamr1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
  • annamr1annamr1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I downloaded this one the other day. I changed his hair in the game and he looks really good now.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=832499
    edited August 2009
    I first made Reave with blond hair, but...I dunno, I changed it to darker. Outside in the sunlight, his blond hair looked too grey. And I always put makeup on ALL my guys in the game, at least the ones I really like. I can't stand that bare-eyed plain look on the pre-mades. I guess I do like the "model" look better. Yeah.

Screenshot-2092.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Nemamiah wrote:

Im gonna add Kevin in a second :mrgreen:

By undertone do you mean... "closet" ? :lol: haha oh boy ive dated a few "closeted" guys it was pure comedy.

[EDIT] - I'll brb turning on the game now :wink:

Keviiiiiiin! he must come and manly my town up! Random: it mortifies me how genetics work in my game though, I swear the Bunch family looks somewhat... inbred... that or there's some alien in the gene pool...

I don't actually mean "closet", in fact I have no idea if he's in the "closet" or not, his parents scare me and I've only "sort of" met them... I meant he has a "rebellious" piercing where very few will find it (hopefully lmao) =P

Edit: MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA! I'm so pairing him with one of my next generations, see if he can cope with both of that potential spouse's parents being evil LMAO
    edited August 2009
    annamr1 - Both of those guys are hot.

Pamhamlet - Yeah thats another reason i add makeup too but i try and get it the same as their skintone so they dont look like they are wearing too much. :P

Nemamiah - That was my second guess LOL. And omg i know what you mean about the bunch family they are just interesting.. In the third part of my legecy story one of their teens comes to visit my sim and OMG i thought he was an elder he was so creepy looking :shock:

also Kevin is up for download now :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=878683
    edited August 2009
    annamr1 - Both of those guys are hot.

Pamhamlet - Yeah thats another reason i add makeup too but i try and get it the same as their skintone so they dont look like they are wearing too much. :P

Nemamiah - That was my second guess LOL. And omg i know what you mean about the bunch family they are just interesting.. In the third part of my legecy story one of their teens comes to visit my sim and OMG i thought he was an elder he was so creepy looking :shock:

also Kevin is up for download now :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=878683

I was downloader number 1, because I'm a stalker LMAO.

Did he have white blonde hair, a tiny pointy nose and a face that kind of scrunches up to where his forehead should be, but his chin is in "the right place"?

All of the creepy looking ones are easy for me to recognize from afar, they're all wearing the same thing... http://tinyurl.com/lpf5pq (shortened link to the store item) I don't even know why, they must get a discount at "trogs-r-us" or something
  • Sarah999Sarah999 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The majority of the "manly" men on this thread are pretty boys with beards! Reave is more manly but it disturbs me that he has make up on! And Rocco's face is manly but the hair is too stylised to be a manly mans hair. Just my opinions.

But I'm terrible at making men at all in Sims 3. It's really hard!
  • NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    Rflong7 wrote:

He's pretty manly looking. <3 Is he available for download? If so, I have plans for that one...
    edited August 2009
    LOL at the fact they all wear cult-like clothing in your game :lol:

Here is the one im talking about.. i guess its a slight spoiler in my legacy story.. lol This is probably 1 of his better pictures he usually looks much scarier :shock:

Screenshot-389.jpg

:evil: He is scary.. and stalks one of the girls in my legacy :!:
    edited August 2009
    Sarah999 wrote:
    The majority of the "manly" men on this thread are pretty boys with beards! Reave is more manly but it disturbs me that he has make up on! And Rocco's face is manly but the hair is too stylised to be a manly mans hair. Just my opinions.

But I'm terrible at making men at all in Sims 3. It's really hard!

Thats pretty true lol, i guess Kevin just strikes me as more manly because hes a little "harder" than most of the guys i have in my town, but i agree with you for the most part.

tip for making male sims.. just try to think about real people for inspiration. :P
    edited August 2009
    I think I just died a little inside, I'll find a picture of the mysterious cultist man, he's "friends" with Daryll (who is currently at someone's house trying to get in their knickers LOL)
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for Kevin, Kiwi. I just downloaded him. He sorta reminded me of an old boyfriend from High School days. Long time ago...

@annamr1: Thanks for putting up that link for Rocco. Downloaded him too.

Yay! New hunks in the hood. :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am deeply disturbed over the "pretty boy" trend. I like a good-looking guy, but I want him to be manly about it. I don't want to guess is that a guy or a gal, you know?

Hugh Laurie is a good looking, manly-man, for instance on the order of Clint Eastwood, and Yul Byner (you said, who? LOL).
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry, KiwiLover.
    I took a dip in the pool. 8)

I looked in my file (default eyes) but it doesn't give a name. Being my first CC for TS3, I didn't keep the rar. I think I got the Eyes from MTS. Sorry. :(

I made him from a game I play in CAS. I change the age to Elder, close my eyes and randomize from 3-9 times then touch the face up a little but not too much, age him to teen and do a small alter...Adult then last to Young Adult to see if I can make Different Sims

My Last:
    1ElderMale.jpg
    Teen/Adult
    TeenAdult.jpg