Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All files on exchange are corrupt (this problem has been fixed)

dachshundsr4medachshundsr4me Posts: 208 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
When downloading files now from the exchange this is what we are getting:

whatisup.jpg

This is what the file looked like before i uploaded it to the exchange:

beforehand.jpg

As you can see its the same exact sim and the numbers match so why EA are you doing this to our stuff when we are uploading?

This isn't just my new file its all files from the exchange right now...
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't imagine why it is doing that?! I notice that copies of houses I dl'ed previously show as fine, now they don't, and they don't dl with the proper file name (for example the house name, just a number). It also looks to me like those are the pictures that are coming up as corrupt. I don't know, strange. I wouldn't remove anything as it doesn't have to do with the upload itself.
  • dachshundsr4medachshundsr4me Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2012
    yeah i noticed that as well...im not saying remove anything im saying to wait till EA fixes this before downloading anything. I am also sorry about spamming the forum with this that i just wanted to warn everyone and i have no idea how to make this where everyone sees it.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited June 2012
    When the site was down yesterday, maybe they changed something that causes CUSTARD to miss itentify files as corrupt.
    Not good :?
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    edited June 2012
    Yes, and removes the download's name replacing it w/numbers. Good luck trying to keep downloaded content sorted if they don't fix that.
    edited June 2012
    They did more then just that...they changed the file format...until we learn more about this its best to be safe and not install any of it until we know more.
  • PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited June 2012
    Interesting.

I wonder could it be related to the new version of the Upload Image Changer?

I just started using the updated version yesterday. Now I'm going to check my stuff.....

Edit:
    I just downloaded a couple of my own uploads and definite the same issue between items loaded with the older version of UIC and the new version of UIC.

So it's not the software causing the problem. Must have been the maintenance they did on the site yesterday.
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited June 2012
    It's strange. :S My files don't seem to be doing it, but then they are only sims. Is it an issue with lots, or do you think it even varies from computer to computer or exchange upload to exchange upload?

I also downloaded a lot of pets from the exchange today and there isn't anything wrong with them.

-is confused-

I guess there's just no method to EA's madness.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've downloaded two of your Sims and they both showed all corrupt in Custard. This is really weird.

Don't think custard is the issue. I could not install the files I've downloaded.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

I just used the Save as - I got the numbers lot and corrupt. Used the Add to Game- installed the lot correctly.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for that info. Russkii just asked that. They do seem to know where the problem lies.

Here's to a quick fix.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited June 2012
    Just checked some of my sims including a cc free one and even that had corrupt content! This is bad. Thanks for the info thread.
    edited June 2012
    Like I posted in one of the other threads...
    Please don't anyone start removing items from your studio thinking it is the items themselves that are corrupted. They are not. It is something to do with (apparently) the 'Save File' process of downloading. I've checked houses I dl'ed previously and still have in dl folder and they're fine - then I dl the same exact property and it shows as corrupt.
    I hope nobody is cleaning out their studio because of this, just hang in there.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2012
    Not UIC either. I tested some of mine and original is fine but regardless of custom pic or not everything is corrupt.
  • k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited June 2012
    Maybe one of you knowledgeable people could clear something up for me... A few months ago, I was scoffed at for using CUSTARD because I was told that it hadn't been updated since Ambitions or even earlier, that it gave false results and that it would even corrupt any file you examined with it.

And yet... I see knowledgeable/respected members, such as Crinrict and Rflong and it would seem to me that they *are* using it still...
    edited June 2012
    Good question, K2 - and btw, keep your finger off the delete button! *hugs*
    edited June 2012
    Good question, K2 - and btw, keep your finger off the delete button! *hugs*

Yeah, tell me about it! :evil: I'm still smarting from that one. ::hugs:: Have no fear, that will *NOT* be repeated.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2012
    Custard has not been updated but has not shown a reason to need updating as the thing it does is not affected by game updates. It is not a mod per sec but a tool that looks at the files and knows how to decipher them. The only problem I have ever seen with custard is it does not have the capacity to look at really huge files like an entire world - the same as it can smaller files - but it can still find bad content even in a huge world file it just redlines all world files making people think all worlds are corrupt - when they are not. But custard is quite accurate at finding bad or corrupt files and completely reliable. I use it constantly - even on worlds - just ignore the fact it redlines the world in the beginning - as that is only because of the size of the file and nothing else. If a world is truly corrupt custard will show the files in the world that are corrupt.

But so far there is no problem with custard. I promise you. I'd be lost without as I test worlds and lots for creators, so I depend on custard not to corrupt my game and so far so good. Use it everyday.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2012
    There goes all my hard work, I put a lot of work into my creations and got my lot featured for the first time.I'm not creating anything again.

I'm in the process of deleting my creations now.
    edited June 2012
    Springfairy, why are you deleting your items in your studio when it is not your items which have been corrupted but rather the 'save file' process - it is a problem with the downloading part of the site. Not your stuff.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2012
    Springfairy, why are you deleting your items in your studio when it is not your items which have been corrupted but rather the 'save file' process - it is a problem with the downloading part of the site. Not your stuff.

I don't want people thinking I use corrupted items.I know most people scan with custard and if they see corrupted, their not going to dl or rec it.
    edited June 2012
    Nobody is going to think you are using corrupted items. It's not a fault with your studio, at least wait it out and see if EA settles this. It's a shame to throw away all your work for nothing. Those that scan with Custard are going to see that everything is coming up corrupted when 'save file'ed.
    Just because Custard is saying something is corrupted, doesn't mean it is - right now. I just hate to think about how disappointed you'll feel when they fix this and you've tossed perfectly good creations into the trash.
    edited June 2012
    No one blames anyone about this and no as i said in the beginning i use custard before even uploading on all my stuff cuz you never know when i may have downloaded something in a hurry that was bad such a sim and then all my sims are bad that i create...the only thing that makes a sim corrupt other then this glitch is another bad sim file...so if you are seeing red on your sims files before uploading then you have a bad sim corrupting others...same with houses...a bad house file is from another bad house file corrupting it....so that will help folks to be able to go back to a good game. I think this is something that is messed up since the big update.....i am hoping EA fixes it...downloading the sim in the install now is not effected but i still say run custard before sending the file into your game. The save file is what is corrupt and all a mess. No one will think its you.
    edited June 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    But so far there is no problem with custard. I promise you. I'd be lost without as I test worlds and lots for creators, so I depend on custard not to corrupt my game and so far so good. Use it everyday.

Thanks for that. I have no idea why these other people were claiming that custard was unreliable.

Springfairy >>> As someone who went through trashing half their studio because of misinformation... Please DO NOT delete your studio! (I lost one of my featured/highest rec'd/dl'd lot because of it.) Just wait it out.
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited June 2012
    K2, I know what you're talking about. I'm not sure of the whole thing either, but a few jumped too soon on the anti- custard bandwagon. I'm sorry you felt negativity from the incident.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hugs K2! :( A few people did that :(

Springfairy, don't delete your lots!!

My latest sim was dl by a friend off of the exchange last night. She opened him in custard and he showed corrupt. I opened him and he was fine. She redownloaded him again and noticed that his file name had been changed to a bunch of numbers, and the file size was twice what the exchange showed. She dl him from my blog and the files size stayed the original size, his name didn't change.

I ran him through custard using the copy in my exports, fine. I ran a copy from him I dl from the exchange, corrupt (name change, file size doubled), a copy I dl from my blog was fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top