Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My opinion on Supernatural and I think you would agree, also please read SimGurus

kad1116kad1116 Posts: 1,413 New Member
I like the EP but i hope it's not flooded with the creatures were I can't go out at night without have to worry about my sims,plus i play in different houses at once i don't wanna leave a house and come but to it with the dad a werewolve and my daughter a vampires,faires & withces I can deal with,and as for zombies i think i would like them to stay at the graveyard,I don't want to be eaten alive.

Comments

• kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited June 2012
    Im with you, I hope that there is some element of control over the different creatures. I have heard that becoming a zombie and a witch are learned abilities, your sim can only be a zombie if they drink a potion, and that witchcraft is a learned state. I hope that the supernatural doesnt go crazy in the game like vamprism does already.
  • kad1116kad1116 Posts: 1,413 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Agreed
    but,I think Ea has actually being doing a great job with the EPs though i still want seasons/weather/holidays and Uni I hope they make Season and Uni one EP though as I think that it will work together perfectly...but supernatural could be part of the stuff for a halloween EP so there's no doubt in my might they should do that next
  • MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't agree more. I DO NOT WANT a neighborhood full of fairies, werewolves, vampires, etc. without my control. I'm really hoping that EA includes a way for us to strictly control the amount of supernatural things in a neighborhood. I don't need all my sims turning into celebrity werewolves. :?

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    "Celebrity werewolves" :mrgreen::mrgreen:

But I totally agree, I think there should be a way to have just one or two vampires in a 'hood without them 'infecting' the whole town. Same with werewolves, fairies and whatever else they will introduce in this new EP.
  • LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2012
    Yes, yes and YES!!!

I very seriously doubt I'll buy this EP if there's no control over the Supers. I've been posting all over the place today on that very thing.

I love supernatural sims.. have always loved them, since Sims 1. But with Late Night and every town getting overrun with Vamps.. then with Pets and the strays.. I mean, really.. wild horses running through the streets of urban cities?? Annoying as hell.

With the introduction of werewolves, zombies, witches and fairies.. what the heck are our towns gonna look like? No.. just.. NO!

Give us a way to limit or completely remove any or all supernaturals. Then I would definitely buy this EP.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2012
    That's my concern, actually. The EP can be great for Halloween but if there is no option to turn it off I"m not so sure I would want them. It's bad enough that I have my towns littered with celebs, vamps, the papparazzi, stray cats, stray dogs, the raccoon and wild horses. Don't get me wrong, I love the pets but the celebs drive me up a wall (even in real life). If the objects seem too good to pass up I may install the game just for Halloween and uninstall it later, not sure. The werewolf looks cool, kinda like a grown up Eddie Munster, but I doubt that kids could be werewolves, so even doing the Munsters would be difficult.

I suppose the movies has ruined my attraction to supernatural beings.

On the other hand.....I suppose you can always do Dark Shadows in the game (even the original DS from the 60's)
    edited June 2012
    Witches-i can deal with kinda more of a sim
    Faires-Can deal with and it's something completely new,but don't want faires everywhere
    Werewolves-I can deal with probably 2 packs of 3
    Vampires-deal with 5
    🐸🐸🐸🐸-basically a career/trait can deal with
    Basically i can deal with them but don't want it to be way overdone like vamp in LN
  • MissJaYdi3MissJaYdi3 Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2012
    I completely agree. From the trailer it actually seemed as though the new creatures are going to be totally confined to this new neighbourhood... although that may just be a misconception. I just hope we at least have some control over the 'supernatural' population :?
    edited June 2012
    Yes, yes and YES!!!

I very seriously doubt I'll buy this EP if there's no control over the Supers. I've been posting all over the place today on that very thing.

I love supernatural sims.. have always loved them, since Sims 1. But with Late Night and every town getting overrun with Vamps.. then with Pets and the strays.. I mean, really.. wild horses running through the streets of urban cities?? Annoying as hell.

With the introduction of werewolves, zombies, witches and fairies.. what the heck are our towns gonna look like? No.. just.. NO!

Give us a way to limit or completely remove any or all supernaturals. Then I would definitely buy this EP.

You got the right idea. If we make enough noise over this, then they'll give us control in the game. We as players/customers should be vocal about this aspect of the game, otherwise we will run into the same problems that we have with vampires, celebs, strays, etc. This seriously will affect my decision on whether to buy the game or not. I love this EP and I'm really hoping EA gives us more control over the neighborhoods.
  • alexander180alexander180 Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    ok i m very excited about the sims 3 supernatural but come on guys are freaking kidding us....???? WE WANT SEASONS...it's the 7th expansion coming out and still no seasons..

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED....and i feel that i'm not the onlyone.
    edited June 2012
    Keep the thread active enough and they'll eventually read it
    edited June 2012
    ok i m very excited about the sims 3 supernatural but come on guys are freaking kidding us....???? WE WANT SEASONS...it's the 7th expansion coming out and still no seasons..

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED....and i feel that i'm not the onlyone.
    You're it should definately be next but i hope it's joined with university and holidays
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm so excited about this EP I don't care if every Sim in town changes into a creature......but I doubt that will happen.

If you read the release

http://thesims.com/supernatural

it says that you need a potion to turn a Sim to a zombie. I'm pretty sure that the witches will be a skill you need to develop....it also says

"Create supernatural beings from menacing werewolves and cackling witches, to mischievous fairies and more intriguing vampires."

Maybe this will be a fix so you won't be over run with vamps.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited June 2012
    tumblr_m5kfb4lFUe1rt7tbuo1_500.png
    edited June 2012
    Good news everyone! (doing my best impression of Prof. Farnsworth)

According to Pill:
    Okay for those of you worried about the town being OVERRUN by supernaturals, I just got this tween back from one of the gurus

"Megan ‏@SimGuruMegan
    .@zombese We did! You'll have control over which supernaturals (and how many) are in your town. See, we do listen! "

If you want to read where I got this from: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/548323.page

So yay! I'm happy now!
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would imagine that you will be fine. Do you go out now and constantly worry about your sim being turned into a vampire? I dont think EA will let your sim turn into a random creature when they go out for a night on the town.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2012
    Vampyfan2 wrote:
    I would imagine that you will be fine. Do you go out now and constantly worry about your sim being turned into a vampire? I dont think EA will let your sim turn into a random creature when they go out for a night on the town.

No, I'm not worried about my Sim becoming a random creature. But with the release of LN, my Sims list of friends slowly but surely turns red. Whether I want vamps in my town or not. With the the introduction of celebrities.. if I make friends, I have to deal with being followed by the annoying Paparazzi. With Pets, even if I'm running an Urban town, I have wild horses running through the streets.

It's long overdue that EA gave us a way to limit these creatures. (Not convinced strays or Paps are going to be included in these new limits, but it'd be nice.)

As I've stated elsewhere on the boards today. I love the supernatural Sims. I've had vampire families. I've had ghost families. I've played as pets, including a unicorn. I look forward to playing witches, fairies and werewolves too... I just don't want my town to be overrun by them.
  • That_Weird_KidThat_Weird_Kid Posts: 112
    edited June 2012
    Actually I would LOVE that. A zombie apocalypse in The Sims 3? How AWESOME would THAT be? I would love it is my dad sim came home as a werewolf and ate his entire family. Much more interesting than living a boring normal life.