The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Messy rooms (like dirty laundry) Plus, why can't they drink coffee and read?

I get that a lot of mess might be difficult to animate. But it seems to me that piles of laundry wouldn't be that hard. Sims could walk through them, but unless they were slobs, it would bring down their moods.

Much as I hate doing laundry IRL, it seems to me that's a natural part of daily life, but my Simself has gone for several weeks with nary a bit of laundry to be done.

I think it could lead to some great parent/teen arguments, too, since messy rooms are a pretty typical thing to argue about!

And while I'm thinking of realism: I love how my bookworm Sims will read at every opportunity. Any time I turn away from them, they're sitting down with a book. That part is realistic. :D But when they are eating or drinking, that's all they do. Or when they are in the tub. I don't know about you, but in real life, it's hard to get a bookworm to put down a book *anywhere*. Heck, when I was a kid, I'd read walking to and from school. (Sadly, once I was older, my vision wouldn't shift as easily between the close focus for reading and the distant focus for walking. But now I have audiobooks, so it's all good. :wink: )

Comments

• JollyMe08JollyMe08 Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, I really like the idea of reading whenever possible.

Like, a sim could just be walking outside while reading, and they could accidentally bump into people because they are so busy staring into their book! lol
  • JigsawAnalogyJigsawAnalogy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    And kids and teens could have "read under the covers" as an action.

Heck, they should *all* be able to read in bed. I mean, what bookworm doesn't read in bed?
  • SeshanSeshan Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There get's to be a point where if they did every little thing to copy real life, the game would be 10 gigs, slow as heck, and incredibly boring to play.
  • zombiebovinezombiebovine Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Seshan wrote:
    There get's to be a point where if they did every little thing to copy real life, the game would be 10 gigs, slow as heck, and incredibly boring to play.

More comments like this please.
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2009
    THAT'S A GOOD IDEA. I LIKE REALISM
    BUT OF COURSE I AGREE THAT THEY DONT
    NEED TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING FROM REAL
    LIFE. GREAT IDEAS, THOUGH
  • KevinSullivanKevinSullivan Posts: 267 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I LOVE CAPSLOCK
    AND WALLS OF
    TEXTS!