Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Update News from the Sims 3 Team

Comments

• Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009
    mzki24 wrote:
    how about a patch to fix the launcher and let it upload my families and sims to thee ts3 website hmmmm can you fix that please?

So It's not just me? Somebody else has this problem too? That's comforting. I've been blaming EVERYTHING on my graphics card because I know it's not on the list. I can't upload most items, either. Just a seemingly random few. This annoys me inordinately.
  • Katblack210Katblack210 Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2009
    Kinda upset here.
    The 2 latest game patches, actually, the 1st patch that came out the other day, not today 8/7/09, completely erased all of our saved game files.

I installed the patch, went to play, all saved game data was completely wiped out.
    I searched all of the files on my computer, there are NO saved game files at all.

Not just kinda upset, more like super f'n p*🐸🐸🐸🐸 off really.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    Besides my "protected" family moving out of town which wasn't supposed to happen anymore, here's another interesting thing that happened to my game AFTER the 1.3 patch was installed.

Christopher Steel spawned a baby boy. Christopher is single, but I had moved a male roommate in with him (they are not a romantic couple in any way). I thought the patch was supposed to eliminate single parent spawning. I checked the baby's family tree. Christopher is listed as the only parent. Neither Chris nor his roommate have partners.

Hey, EA, it's not working! Are you SimGurus reading this? Are you listening?

Needless to say, I have turned story progression OFF until further notice.
  • KyeaKyea Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2009
    I want to play the NEIGHBOUR HOOD not one family I thought that this game would let you do that but loseing all you lifetime points and things in the inventory is a still a big loss EA when are you going to release a patch to fix this as its something the majority of sim3 players are having problems with PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS
  • SmillaDillaSmillaDilla Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009
    I installed the second patch (1.3) and now my sims won't swim around in the pools. They just tread water. I have to click on the pool and choose "swim here" to get them to move at all.

I've also noticed that since I installed the second patch no one shows up to my rock star sim's autograph sessions.

I installed the third patch (1.4) and the issues have not been resolved.
  • cburnhamcburnham Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well...am I missing something? The long list of changes for patch 1.4 just looks like an exact copy of the 1.3 update.

Not sure I understand. Is there anything new with the 1.4 patch???
  • ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    cburnham wrote:
    Well...am I missing something? The long list of changes for patch 1.4 just looks like an exact copy of the 1.3 update.

Not sure I understand. Is there anything new with the 1.4 patch???

The notes in green are the only new fixes.

# PC Only: Addressed an issue where a user was unable to uninstall The Sims™ 3 if the 1.3 update was interrupted.
    # Mac Only: Fixed a problem that prevented players from installing custom content after installing the 1.3 update.
    edited August 2009
    Well it's time for me to break out the cookies and celebrate!

It took me a while, but I GOT MY FAMILY BACK that the game moved out of the neighborhood.

Gunther Goth (bless his little pixeled heart) was still best friends with the Wozny's, (the family that moved away) so he invited Holden over. After Holden showed up, Gunther invited him to move in. Gunther's house was already pretty full so I could only move in Holden and his little son, Kirk. They spent the night and the next morning, I had Holden and his son move back to his old house down the street.

Once there, I then had Holden to call up his wife, invite her over, and invite her to move in. It took a few calls, because at first the wife kept saying she was busy and couldn't come over right now. I just kept calling and finally she came. Whew! (Ha! As soon as she moved in, Holden rolled a wish to woohoo her!) :D

So now, they are one happy family all together again inside their original house I had built for them. Their relationship still shows them married and both parents of little Kirk. The only difference was that Holden got fat and his voice changed to the #3 voice somehow. His used to be voice #1. Weird, but I don't care! At least I have them all again.

YAY! My neighborhood is back to the way it was! No more story progression for me. I never want to go through that again!
  • xena311xena311 Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2009
    So they didn't address the issue of sims not being able to use objects that are in different rooms? Does anyone know if there's a way I can get rid of update 1.3? My game is backed up from before I installed it. I had minimal issues before, and this glitch is making the game extremely difficult to play and impossible to enjoy. Please help.
  • JiayiJiayi Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I used to be plagued with the path finding issues with Sims so I wanted to play without the 1.3 update. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried to run my save and it wouldn't load without the new patch. Dang it.

So I went ahead and patched it again. Ran the game and the save loaded right up. Then I exited and re-added the mods I had, making sure they had been updated to work with the new patch. I loaded up the save and switched families. All of a sudden, I had no issues with anything I was having issues with before.

I'm kind of scared to patch this time again, and seeing how it's 2 very minor fixes, I don't think I would need to. But I'm glad I got my game to work without a hitch even though I'm not sure how I got it there.

So those of you with issues, don't give up. It can be fixed somehow....
  • Playerdepain77Playerdepain77 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I never had issues (just updated after being unsure for a while do to people with issues...)

They're finding paths correctly (or, almost correctly. My sim was using the toilet right above a sink, so when she was done she went all the way downstairs to use that sink instead of using the one in the other room (if u don't know, the bathroom in the goth house is divided into three rooms by arches, so that's probably why there is a problem.) )

But yeah, no other problems...
  • melical3108melical3108 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yay! I found one thing, that DOES work for me! :mrgreen:
    I have changed active households and my first family inventory did NOT vanish! Unbelievable. :P

The uncontrolled sims are still spawning one-parent babies though. And I only get girls! The last 9 sims born in my played family (three generations) have been girls - no matter how many apples the mothers ate. The neighbors mostly have girls, too. I saw only one baby boy (asexually spawned to one single father of course). I really wonder how I am supposed to find partners for all my girls.

When EA made a patch to fix that. Why DOESN'T the patch fix it? I mean, it's coding. Did they forget to put it into the patch file or something? Or did they forget to test it before publishing it?

I am afraid to deinstall and reinstall it, because I don't want to lose my family. Grrr. Hopefully, there will be a REAL patch soon.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Alyssizzle wrote:
    So is there another patch today?

I think so because on 8/7 I was asked to download yet another patch. I think that makes the third one now that I’ve downloaded to date.
    edited August 2009
    AmberM wrote:
    I'm confused, was there another, recent patch? I was prompted to update my game today (8/7) but I couldn't see much info about it. It now shows I have v. 1.4.6. Was there a new patch because I'm starting to get baffled if there was one did it address new issues, or was it a patch to fix the patch or a glich that I was asked to update today since I had just updated the other day too?

Same with me, I've just gone on to play it tonight and found ANOTHER "Software update is available" message... I am reluctant to install it, not knowing what it is or what is is for!

Anyone else know what this new patch is???

I updated to the new 1.4.6 patch and so far it doesn’t seem to have harmed my game. In fact, at first I suspected it speeded up my play.
    edited August 2009
    Yay! I found one thing, that DOES work for me! :mrgreen:
    I have changed active households and my first family inventory did NOT vanish! Unbelievable. :P

How can that be? I didn't think the patch addressed inventory issues at all. Do you have a mod then?

• HelenScott84HelenScott84 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Can you fix toddler aging ASAP please
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Well it's time for me to break out the cookies and celebrate!

It took me a while, but I GOT MY FAMILY BACK that the game moved out of the neighborhood.

Gunther Goth (bless his little pixeled heart) was still best friends with the Wozny's, (the family that moved away) so he invited Holden over. After Holden showed up, Gunther invited him to move in. Gunther's house was already pretty full so I could only move in Holden and his little son, Kirk. They spent the night and the next morning, I had Holden and his son move back to his old house down the street.

Once there, I then had Holden to call up his wife, invite her over, and invite her to move in. It took a few calls, because at first the wife kept saying she was busy and couldn't come over right now. I just kept calling and finally she came. Whew! (Ha! As soon as she moved in, Holden rolled a wish to woohoo her!) :D

So now, they are one happy family all together again inside their original house I had built for them. Their relationship still shows them married and both parents of little Kirk. The only difference was that Holden got fat and his voice changed to the #3 voice somehow. His used to be voice #1. Weird, but I don't care! At least I have them all again.

YAY! My neighborhood is back to the way it was! No more story progression for me. I never want to go through that again!

I'm glad you got your family back! Awesome! :D
  • obxladyobxlady Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Will Sims3 ever have all the capabilities that Sims2 and Expansions had. Ex. Parents could marry their children, items could be lowered or raised on walls. Sims could have fun at the dining table, more personality with woohoo (movie), hottub woohoo etc. I feel Sims3 took somewhat of a step back. I feel we are starting from scratch. Sims3 has more design capabilities, but is lacking where we left off with Sims2....Just my opinion.
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Uroica69! My heart was beating wildly and I was screaming "Yes! Yessss!" when I got the option to move them back in. Funny what this game will do to your emotions. :D
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm curious about one thing, the part about families not moving out if you controlled them. That counts for every family I ever played before I put the patch in right?

Also do I just have to load a family once to protect them or do I have to play them for a certain amount of time before they are safe?
    edited August 2009
    obxlady wrote:
    Will Sims3 ever have all the capabilities that Sims2 and Expansions had.... I feel we are starting from scratch. Sims3 has more design capabilities, but is lacking where we left off with Sims2....Just my opinion.

I'm sure the EPs will have many more features and objects, just like they always did in the past. They can't put everything into the base game and sell it all in one pack. They're already talking about new jobs, traits, and opportunities to come in World Aventures EP, besides new objects and clothing. So there is a lot to come!

What I'd like to see is the half-walls in build mode and also the "stage" foundation that you could use indoors to build connecting L-shaped stairs. I'd also like the slow dancing interaction to come back. That was a great romantic feature, especially at weddings and parties.
    edited August 2009
    Simango wrote:
    I'm curious about one thing, the part about families not moving out if you controlled them. That counts for every family I ever played before I put the patch in right?

Also do I just have to load a family once to protect them or do I have to play them for a certain amount of time before they are safe?

Well the game still moved out one of my families AFTER the patch was installed. I had played them for 4 or 5 Sim weeks before I switched houses. Then one of my Sims read in the paper that my other family had "moved away." So the patch did not "protect" them. It also spawned a baby boy to Christopher Steel, and that wasn't supposed to happen anymore either. The patch is not working as promised. I have turned story progression off.
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Thanks Uroica69! My heart was beating wildly and I was screaming "Yes! Yessss!" when I got the option to move them back in. Funny what this game will do to your emotions. :D

I agree completely! I get proud when my sims fill up a skill, or write a best-seller ... perhaps it's the "God complex" that I find so appealing. :wink:

My husband picks on me all the time for being so addicted to this game. I may complain about what's happening with EA right now, but I'm not sure I would ever be able to give my Sims. :-)
  • BunnylipsBunnylips Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm also having major problems with my game, the most annoying is with looping sound so infuriating that I have to play with sound off.

Just reading through these posts and through those on the Technical forum, I would hope that all of us having such a dreadful time with Sims3 will not be buying the upcoming EP in protest.

I've been playing Sims since Sims 1 came out but I see the writing on the wall. For me, the stunning mess that is Sims 3 has ruined my feelings for any Sims game...even Sims 2, which I still have installed and which I once adored.

So here's one customer who's lost all feelings of loyalty and who's on the verge of giving up on the entire Sims experience. I had planned to play Sims forever. I wish I had never bought Sims 3 and will not be buying another thing from EA in future.
  • cramnib63cramnib63 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I get the problem of jerky sound (everywhere, it do like an echo of the last sound), since I installed patch 1.3, I thought it will be solve by patch 1.4, NO. I am an addict from Sim1, and I will reconsider for the next EP, unless they correct that issue. Sims3 is still a nice game. :evil: