Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone seen this painting yet? (Pics)

One of my Sims painted it. It looks like Cassandra Goth from TS2 getting jilted on her wedding day (probably from Don Lothario).

Yes, that's my Dylan Morris (aka Andre Moss by KiwiLover875) standing in front of the painting talking on the phone about marriage. I thought it was a cute coincidence because I just happened to see what he was talking about right in front of the painting! I thought it was funny, because in my game, one of Dylan's traits is "Committment Issues."

Screenshot-1889.jpg

Screenshot-1891.jpg

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited August 2009
    Nice scene. :lol:

I haven't gotten a Sim very high in the Painting skill to my shame and sadness. :cry:
  • NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've not seen that one, but my sim keeps painting Ninjas and Spore monsters...
  • myfirstsimsgamemyfirstsimsgame Posts: 2,479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim painted that one time.
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    edited August 2009
    Now he's hot! Is he downloadable? I love the painting too. :oops:
  • DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Katzc wrote:
    Now he's hot! Is he downloadable? I love the painting too. :oops:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=519992

Or that could be the one with pay items.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=672637
  • LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    One of my Sims painted it. It looks like Cassandra Goth from TS2 getting jilted on her wedding day (probably from Don Lothario).

Yes, that's my Dylan Morris (aka Andre Moss by KiwiLover875) standing in front of the painting talking on the phone about marriage. I thought it was a cute coincidence because I just happened to see what he was talking about right in front of the painting! I thought it was funny, because in my game, one of Dylan's traits is "Committment Issues."

Screenshot-1889.jpg

Screenshot-1891.jpg

what skill level do you need to paint that? :)

And also what is that on your dresser? :P
  • DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2009

It's smelted Gold and probably Silver.
  • anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited August 2009
    One of my sims started painting this image, then died before he finished. :(
    Yours looks great! My sims widow scrapped his to paint one of her own horrible paintings.
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the reason why your sim got to paint that was because of his commitment issues trait.
  • LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Dewmzdeigh wrote:

It's smelted Gold and probably Silver.

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    1) My own tweaked version of Andre Moss is here (used with permission by KiwiLover) I made minor changes to him and mine has no CC (only stuff from the Store):

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=800011

2) Yes those are smelted ingots gotten from finding rocks around town.

3) I think it was only skill level 4 or 5. And another Sim painted it, not Dylan. But that would have even been more of a coincidence! :wink:
  • LushiePushieLushiePushie Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2009
    I really like that painting! I haven't seen it in my game yet - I love how Sims will paint many different paintings instead of the same 3 or 4 over and over and over again like in TS2.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    No, I haven't. My sims usually paint large, because they always have those wishes to make a certain amount from painting, and large paintings have the most value.
  • Grobanite113Grobanite113 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I haven't seen that one yet, either! How clever.

I really love the paintings in The Sims 3. The first Sim to die in my game was a painter and a writer; he mastered both. It was so sad. I think he actually died while painting, too. :cry:
  • PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had one sim max out the painting skill, I'm yet to see that one, it looks really pretty. My sim is usually inspired by seeing things when out and about, then they come home and paint it out.
  • SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :shock:

I know who that is! It's um..

OLIVE SPECTER! In The Sims 2, when you went into her story thingy, that would be one of her pics./
  • Grobanite113Grobanite113 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited August 2009

OLIVE SPECTER! In The Sims 2, when you went into her story thingy, that would be one of her pics./

Oh gosh, it IS her!! I'd completely forgotten about that!!
  • MafuaneMafuane Posts: 48 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, it's certainly Olive. It's from her house album, if you looked at it. I think her husband died on her wedding day or something like that.
    edited August 2009

By cracky, I think you're right! It IS Olive. But I thought she killed all her husbands? :shock:
  • crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cool painting I think I will make an artistic sim.
  • ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009

Oh my gosh, you're right! Olive was sooo weird... but everyone knew who she was. I want one of my sims to paint that picture now!

*nostalgia*
    edited August 2009
    ... - I love how Sims will paint many different paintings instead of the same 3 or 4 over and over and over again like in TS2.

Yes, I like that too! You could almost never see the same painting twice in the game. Makes it seem more realistic. Always keeps me curious as to what they'll paint next.
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2009
    Lol i quite like that painting

xx
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • toxic989toxic989 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had a LOT of sims max their painting skill and I've never seen any paintings remotely like that! I get a lot of lanscape/scenery stuff.
  • LushiePushieLushiePushie Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2009
    One of my teen Sims started a painting and it's that picture! FYI she is at level 8 in the painting skill and she does not have the commitment issues trait.

Screenshot-297.jpg

Screenshot-296.jpg