Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 2 University bundle worth it? Is University that fun?

Hey guys! 32Inch here. It has been... A while... Since I've been on the forums. Several months, I would say. I've been busy with school reports, playing baseball, watching baseball, and all that junk, so playing around on here has (unfortunately) been one of my lower priorites. But I'm back now!
Anyway, I was wondering if the Sims 2 University is fun enough to warrant a buy on Amazon along with the original Sims 2. (I only came to the Sims in November 2011, so I only have 3.) Money doens't matter that much. I simply want to know how fun it is, and if it would be worth spending my time on. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon!

Comments

• Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well, University is definitely one EP that gets very mixed opinions from players.

My opinion is... I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited June 2012
    I liked certain things about University. For me I felt like it took way to much time to get the sims to do their classwork. If they had a job too, there wasn't much time to socialize with anyone in the dorm or to call home to speak with their family.
  • Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited June 2012
    I remember not liking the idea in theory, but after getting the EP it quickly became a favorite of mine!!

So many fun things to do--and it gives you extra time to build relationships and skill before getting a "real job". I had a family with 4 kids go off and be roomies together---I had so much fun playing them. And there are 3 different colleges to choose from, each with a different feel. Ahhh---memories....
  • 32Inch32Inch Posts: 919
    edited June 2012
    Bump. Just for a bit more info. Thanks!
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2012
    i liked UNI but its biggest flaw ( if you decide to exploit it ) is that you'll pretty much have all the friends you need and if you delay going to collage till you have most of the skills you need for your desired job all the skills youll need . then your a level 10 the second you start your job as an adult
  • JeramooJeramoo Posts: 229 New Member
    edited June 2012
    IIRC, semesters dragged on for way too long and the lifestage got rather tedious. That expansion came with some great objects and interactions though.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2012
    For me University was my second favorite Sims 2 EP (the first being Open for Business). I don't feel that the semesters were too long. For me, it was about right. It gave my Sims time to get to know their dorm mates, develop romantic relationships, and have fun all while upping their skills and education for life after college. I did find the professors to be a bit creepy, though. I thought it was inappropriate for them to be visiting students in their dorms. :?
  • RabidNeedleRabidNeedle Posts: 17
    edited June 2012
    I thought it was the best EP.
    edited June 2012
    naw seasons was the best but Uni was right up there . the thing i really liked about it was the jobs you unlocked that you wouldn't other wise have if you hadent gone to collage
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2012
    Besides the University, the Cow plant came with it. :)

Pool tables, Toga parties, cell phones, baristas, . . . new clothes, hair, and all that jazz- the bubble blower, and lots of fun things.
  • NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    University was one of my favourite EPs, Seasons being top and Pets being close.

I haven't played ts2 in such a long time. I sold all my games 4 years ago to buy my college books but now I have the spare money iv just brought ts2, plus EVERY SP and EP off Ebay for £35!

I cant wait for them to come so I can play again :D
    edited June 2012
    Bump. What I need to know now is, what are Open for Business and Seasons like? Are they worth it? What are your other favorite expansions packs? Money doesn't matter, they sell them used for a couple bucks each on Amazon. Haven't checked Ebay yet, might be an even better deal for the rare ones. :-)
    edited June 2012
    seasons was definitely my fave
  • mrs_outlandmrs_outland Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I liked Uni, but agree with what several others have said- the semesters seem rather long at times.

My favorite was probably Seasons. Snowmen, sunburns, raking leaves, rain! Not to mention the new interactions and stuff it came with. I also liked Apartment Life (I think it was called), thought it was silly you had to use a "cheat" to build them however. Apartments also brought in the magic aspect.
  • DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I like certain aspects of university, a lot of players enjoyed it much more than i did though. I've never enjoyed the whole "school" aspect of it, but theres a lot of other features that come along with it that add a lot to the game.

edited June 2012
    A bump, one more time.
  • NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    I Loved Seasons, loved how you can change the order so you can make it snowwy all the time or switch between spring and summer and skip winter (Handy for tropical based stories)

Loves also the interactions like doing snow angels, playing in leaves and getting sunburnt!

As for open for business, I didnt really play it and cant really remember it.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2012
    it's ALOT of fun!!!!

• Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    snurfles wrote:
    I thought it was inappropriate for them to be visiting students in their dorms. :?

Your sims could woohoo with them and get a better grade. :twisted:
  • RedRover88RedRover88 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Open for business was my absolute FAVORITE. The idea that I could open a business and make money was so much fun. Things did get a bit repetitive after a while and I always had horrible luck with employees, but overall it was the first time I felt like I was in serious control of my sims' lives. I didn't really appreciate Uni until I myself went to University, and then I could really see how awkwardly accurate it was at times.
  • Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2012
    The 72 hour Semesters get a bit long, which is why I installed mods to reduce the length of the semesters. I do like the other things that came with it.

I have Open for Business, but I'm not really interested in the business part, I more bought it for the Servos.

My personal favorite is Freetime. The benefits, hobbies and other things are a lot of fun to play.
  • ConverseShoesConverseShoes Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2012
    Pets and Seasons were my favourite of the Sims 2 Expansions. In seasons you could have snowball fights and Snow men. There might have also been a time when my sim was in university and it was snowing. ^^