Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Msnewme09Msnewme09 Posts: 160 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you enter edit town and try to place a house it takes to long it is epic becuase it takes mine like 40 min. to place one house and like 10 to rotate it.
    that's not the game..that's you Puter :D
  • shaylan221shaylan221 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you enter edit town and try to place a house it takes to long it is epic becuase it takes mine like 40 min. to place one house and like 10 to rotate it.

yeah, it takes my game about 7 minutes, and God forbid it to be rotated the wrong way. Add 5 minutes to that.
  • ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Updates are wrong, people keep listing cheats that don't work, and moving objects between inventories causes the game to lag several seconds. And you can't choose a specific amount of objects from a stack to move.
    Msnewme09 wrote:
    that's not the game..that's you Puter :D

No. That's the game.
  • EmmaliciousxxEmmaliciousxx Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    that i cant download custom content hair on a premade sim when i download it from the sims 3 website :evil:
    can someone just download the custom content hair on this website with no created sims wearing the hair plz?!just the hair :roll:
  • ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    that i cant download custom content hair on a premade sim when i download it from the sims 3 website :evil:
    can someone just download the custom content hair on this website with no created sims wearing the hair plz?!just the hair :roll:

CC doesn't come with sims. We can't upload just the plain hair, only hair color.
    And it's not the uploader's fault that they want to use CC on their sims. A lot of people, such as me are quite fond of CC. :wink:
  • breebe07breebe07 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have a few:

1. we can't build custom neighborhood.

2. It takes a long time to change your active household, like you can't just click on it you have to go to edit town and click a bunch of stuff until you get there...

3. the paint choices absolutely ****. they are all neutral colors, mostly browns.

other than those its amazing! lol
  • SmutterSmutter Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would really like to have a larger selection of jobs: Actor, model, designer, teacher, architect, hairdresser etc

acting requires your sim to gain more charisma, modelling requires your sim to stay in shape, designing requires an artistic sim, teaching needs logic and so on
  • cath1995xcath1995x Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    when a person of your married couple dies and then on the family tree it shows them single why cant they just keep them married on the family treee please change this EA!!!!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2009
    That objects spin in the catalog. It takes forever to wait for the front side of the object, ie a painting, to return. Hopefully they will get rid of the spinning, can't really think of many items we need to see from behind...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2009
    breebe07 wrote:
    I have a few:

3. the paint choices absolutely ****. they are all neutral colors, mostly browns.

You can use the style tool to change any paint into just any colour of the world :-) (You are not slow, I just found out myself today :D)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BcoolbyteBcoolbyte Posts: 40 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Traits should by dynamic. If your sim is a good cook, but does no cooking for 4 days, why are they still a good cook afterwards? If I was a Virtuoso guitarist, then stopped playing for a year, I doubt i'd be just as good when I pick the guitar back up at the end of it.

Similarly, if I practice loads on the guitar, then why can I not earn the Virtuoso trait? If I cook loads, why can I not gain the good cook trait?

However, i'm fine with a limit on how many traits you can have. It would get a little too easy otherwise.
  • invisiblebobfaninvisiblebobfan Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2009
    no dating. I miss being able to actually have my sim have something to do at night besides a movie or a concert (that you can't see BTW)
  • ViCOsiViCOsi Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the ultra speed is the same as normal speed
  • dalila056dalila056 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    haha I love the game, except for one thing. I had a party ok and a lot of people came over. This one lady, she was kind of hefty and liked to have fun. Well her head and her legs were black and the rest of her was white. Like what is the deal with that!

My speeds work just fine. It doesn't make me wait forever to get through a night.
  • cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited August 2009
    People complaining...im tired of everyones whinning
  • zzfluf16zzfluf16 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Renita wrote:
    No animations for getting in and out of a car.

Ditto for me too. And I'm pretty sure that if the kids want to go somewhere with a parent you have to take a taxi. What's the point of having a car if you have to take a taxi?
  • goldlabpupgoldlabpup Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It's missing my favourite interaction. The huggle interaction between toddlers. I might buy an expansion pack just for the interaction lol.
  • WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited August 2009
    THE LAUNCHER :!: :cry:
  • h011ah011a Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the total and complete lack of animations for cars. poof. and then drive. no opening the door, sitting down and backing out of the driveways
  • dvo2dvo2 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEAE let us make our own custom neighborhoods again!!!

It used to be so fun to make sims and houses for them and have relationships with other sims that we also created etc....... :P

I HATE this in Sims 3!!!
    Please let us make our own worlds again... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• iamxrayiamxray Posts: 243 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No gardener!
    My main Sims have a huge garden full of crops, but their motives drain too much when tending it.

If there was a gardener it would be so much easier, and when it comes for the fruit/veg to be harvested by the gardener, the produce could be stored in a family Sim's inventory.

I wish. :lol:
  • quarterscotquarterscot Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The clumsy physical interaction of Sims. It takes the equivalent of 10 minutes for them to manoevre into space to talk to each other. And another 10 minutes if they want to turn and talk to someone else. And God help you if they happen to get in each other's way - that's half the day gone.
  • dragon1988dragon1988 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i got severak thing but one thing that bother me the most is the build engine it just rubish, ts2 build engine was better than ts3 build engine, just not enough options.
  • EmmaliciousxxEmmaliciousxx Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:

CC doesn't come with sims. We can't upload just the plain hair, only hair color.
    And it's not the uploader's fault that they want to use CC on their sims. A lot of people, such as me are quite fond of CC. :wink:
    oh thats so unfair its always hard for me to download stuff from other sites its always so complicated :(
  • DeadlyniteshadeDeadlyniteshade Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    its really hard to kill your sims by eletricution but thats about it.

i wanted a rainbow coloured ghosts stalking my house lol