The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new update

i update it and after downloading it i got this

ScreenShot2012-06-04at182132.png
once i enter my password it extracts it and i get this
ScreenShot2012-06-04at182208.png
after that the launcher closes and i reopen it and it says i need to download it again.

anyone else getting this?

Comments

• JamieT934JamieT934 Posts: 19
    edited June 2012
    Hi! :)

Yes, i'm getting this. Any ideas yet? Also in game, I cannot access anything from the mailbox. xD

Thanks for any ideas!
  • SarbebezSarbebez Posts: 281 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I too am having the same problem. :[
  • melynirmelynir Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i update it and after downloading it i got this

ScreenShot2012-06-04at182132.png
    once i enter my password it extracts it and i get this
    ScreenShot2012-06-04at182208.png
    after that the launcher closes and i reopen it and it says i need to download it again.

anyone else getting this?

Same problem here... I tried uninstalling custom content; didn't help at all. :(

Please help us, Gurus!
  • itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm having the same issue.
    I'm thinking I might uninstall the stuff/expansion packs with the errors in the logs and see if that does anything.

Edit 1: The affected expansion packs for me seem to be Showtime and Pets, is that the same for everyone else or is just me? I've seemed to have the biggest problems since installing those two though.
    edited June 2012
    Edit 2: Still didn't work. Gurus, help your 'beloved' mac folk for once, please?
    edited June 2012
    I don't really want to uninstall - slow downloading speeds with the rest of the updates i'd have to reinstall! Anyone found a fix yet? :)
    edited June 2012
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    Edit 2: Still didn't work. Gurus, help your 'beloved' mac folk for once, please?

Well thanks for trying! :)
    edited June 2012
    Okay so, as far as I know, this seems to be a fix for me.
    After doing a clean uninstall, (following the instruction on bluebellflora's blog), and then installing JUST the base game, opening the launcher and updating to the new 1.34, it seems to work fine.
    I'm going to go ahead and install the sp/ep in order now, but so far I think it's working.

I know uninstalling is really annoying, but you can always get things back...
    edited June 2012
    I might do it then, while watching the Jubilee :|
    edited June 2012
    Actually, i'm going on a live chat first with EA :)
  • Axed84Axed84 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2012
    This problem happens to me every single time EA releases a new patch, and every single time I have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the base game and every EP and SP. Every. Single. Time.

It's starting to get old...or it got old 4-5 uninstalls/reinstalls ago. Especially since it takes me 2-3 hours to reinstall each time. I guess I'll hold off on accepting the update for now.
  • jimbo_28_02jimbo_28_02 Posts: 169 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i really dont want to have to uninstall and reinstall!
    edited June 2012
    I'm reinstalling now, well the EA chat person said I needed to, she said just to reinstall base game, but the thing the represnetive gave me was so confusing. Just going to reinstall all my expansion packs and stuff packs, what else to do on a Tuesday afternoon? :L
  • JenniferW23JenniferW23 Posts: 11
    edited June 2012
    I got the patch at http://www.patches-scrolls.de/sims3.php and it successfully patched my game. I hope it will do the same for yours.
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i have this problem too don't reinstall anything i reinstalled pets hoping it would help but it didn't so don't uninstall i warn you!
  • Chinadol130Chinadol130 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm having the same problem (I have Generations and Pets installed), and I have no CC; just some store content.
    There's no way I'm doing an uninstall and then reinstalling everything... :\ Is the update really even needed to play? I might just play without it.
  • melynirmelynir Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I got the patch at http://www.patches-scrolls.de/sims3.php and it successfully patched my game. I hope it will do the same for yours.

Thank you so very much for this!

It worked for me and saved me a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling! :D