Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What traits DON'T you use?

Comments

• EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited June 2012
    none. my sims always get randomized for variety :wink:
  • abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I never use any traits that came with world adventures or the career ones from ambitions.
    I also don't use
    -green thumb
    -easily impressed
    -Angler
    -Vehicle enthusiastic [spelling?]

• mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Anything that makes it hard for them to make friends or just keeps giving them bad moodlets -_-
  • CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2012
    vehicle enthusiast
    grumpy for a baby sim (learned my lesson)

the other ones i've done in one form or another as i sometimes enjoy torturing sims and seeing what happens when i mix things like flirty, unlucky, clumsy, absent-minded, and charismatic
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I never use Over-emotional,kleptomaniac,or slob.
  • SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited June 2012
    I tried to use Insane once, and ALL the guy did was freak out like he was on fire. It got so bad, I had to have my couple divorce, because even changing the trait didn't stop it. I know he was bugged out, but now I'm too annoyed to ever try the trait again.

Other traits I never use are: Can't Stand Art, Vehicle Enthusiast, Adventurous, Disciplined, Schmoozer, Savvy Sculptor, Photographers Eye, Hydrophobic, No Sense of Humor, and Loser.

I think that's all. :lol:
    1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't avoid traits, unless it's a founder or a character from tv. Sims born in game get random traits or game assigned traits.

I hit the dice button a lot in game play. Even if it says I can pick traits, I still click the button, and I only click it once. I think it gives my game variety.

Otherwise all my sims would friendly, workaholic, bookworm types. Why? Because they are easier to play. Easier to make friends and skill up for promotions. I try not to make it easier by letting the game randomize things like traits and ltws.

And when it gets to where they are celebrating their birthday to become an adult, I roll dice to see which one of the LTW options I click.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited June 2012
    There are a bunch that I don't use.. I give every sim basically the same trait.. I never realized that until now.. One that REALLY gets on my nerves is Absent minded.. My first very sim on the sims 3 was absent minded and it was REALLY annoying to set up a full course of things that I wanted my sim to do.. like Wake up.. go to the bathroom, shower, make breakfast.. and in the middle of it she would space out and just drop all of the interactions I would give her.. It would make me so mad.
  • xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Never nude. I have used all the others at least once
  • HuckleberryHen90HuckleberryHen90 Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2012

This is exactly what I do now. I used to pick traits for my Sims, but they almost always ended up having the same traits which would get boring for me. :)
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited June 2012

This is exactly what I do now. I used to pick traits for my Sims, but they almost always ended up having the same traits which would get boring for me. :)

I've discovered in doing this that there are a lot of traits that one would THINK are unlikable but are actually quite fun.

For example, I like the way my hydrophobic sim pouts and cries whenever she has to shower. It's adorable. :) I never thought I'd like that trait.

I have another household in which my sim married someone who was Inappropriate. The sponge baths? They're funny. And the random arguments add spice to what would otherwise be yet another bland happy marriage.
  • HuckleberryHen90HuckleberryHen90 Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2012

I've discovered in doing this that there are a lot of traits that one would THINK are unlikable but are actually quite fun.

For example, I like the way my hydrophobic sim pouts and cries whenever she has to shower. It's adorable. :) I never thought I'd like that trait.

I have another household in which my sim married someone who was Inappropriate. The sponge baths? They're funny. And the random arguments add spice to what would otherwise be yet another bland happy marriage.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been playing since '09, but can you believe that up until about a month ago I never played a sim with the inappropriate or insane traits?! I thought that it would be annoying to have to deal with them, but now they're two of my favorite traits. :-)
  • jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited June 2012
    good topic.
    Neat, Good, Absent Minded (hate this one), Light Sleeper, Shy, Never Nude, Vegetarian, Technophobe.
  • yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2012
    Haha I LOVE the Insane trait. My legacy heir is insane and she is so much fun. (She went insane after watching her father die in front of her, right before her YA birthday :lol: )

I don't like using Neurotic because I hate how they are afraid of everything and randomly scream and freak out.

• enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2012
    Traits I never use & why.

Adventurous -- my sims don't travel due to bugs
    Grumpy & Mean Spirited -- these are too unpleasant to be fun
    Never Nude -- has no purpose and is a waste of a trait slot
    Born Salesperson -- I don't use the consignment store enough, my sims make loads of money as it is and I just don't care
    Vehicle Enthusiast -- I find that trait idiotic
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am to the point I have stopped using Athletic. If I have to listen to that disgusting GRUNT sound they make ONE MORE TIME I will develop the insane trait.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • ltd2mp87ltd2mp87 Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've actually use all the traits, at some point or other, but here are the ones I very rarely use:
    Adventurous- I don't like WA
    Loser - I don't like my simmies being losers :(
    Born Salesman - seems kinda pointless
    Equestrian - not a big fan of horse riding
    Star Quality - you already gain fame too quickly, this is unneeded
    Daredevil - i hate how all actions become EXTREME like take extreme nap or smthng

• caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't like using Ambitious, Party Animal or Perfectionist.
  • emiliajane1971emiliajane1971 Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2012
    Eden777 wrote:
    I never use Hates the Outdoors, Never Nude or Dislikes Children. I rarely use Childish because it's annoying. The Vehicle Enthusiast is a wasted trait I think, not sure what it really does.

I agree, there used to be that beaten up old car you could buy and do up .. that was fun
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm pretty much open to all of them, otherwise it would box me in.
  • PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    I tent to use certain ones but I really don't like the Good trait - it limits half the interactions available. :roll:
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't really have dislikes. ^.^
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • HolzibellHolzibell Posts: 1,092
    edited June 2012
    Inappropiate & insane - because it really bothers me when they dress wrong :D

Can't stand art, dislikes children, commitment issues, unlucky, evil, hydrophoebic, hates the outdoors, loser, mean spirited, unflirty - because they all seem like "flaws" and I seem to always accidentally give them all the perfect traits :lol:

I'm writing a legacy at the moment so it's going to be a big change for me to have all my sims traits picked randomnly... :shock:
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    I randomize traits because I was getting bored with the game.

The only traits that I will reroll are Commitment Issues and Dislikes Children. Even then I only re-roll for the heir.

My current heir is an insane snob. I'm not sure how I'm ever going to convince a woman to fall in love and marry him.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    "Absent-minded," because it drives me crazy when they "forget" what they are supposed to be doing. HEY. I queued up those activities for a REASON!