Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simpoint Bundles Mystery Bags - Possible Pattern... think we've got it figured out ;)

maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
I'm putting this guide together with the aid of the community to help simmers avoid getting the badge.

Crinrict made a post in her blog with pictures:
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/06/mystery-bag-items.html

Looks like EA is also joining in thanks to AznSensei for the post)

http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/faq?faqId=5
The Sims 3 Store Mystery Bag allows you to enhance your SimPoints purchases with bonus points along with an exclusive item from The Mystery Bag not sold in the store.

- Every time you pick up a Mystery Bag SimPoint bundle, you’ll always get those spicy SimPoints and an additional mystery item as well! Plus once you’ve collected all of the items from the current Mystery Bag pool, you’ll receive a special Mystery Bag Badge.

- Are the same items in the Mystery Bags for all price levels? Nope – each tier adds 2 or more additional new items. So if you’ve gotten all of the items at one level, buying a higher priced SimPoint bundle will get you access to new items.

- Each Mystery Bag bundle tier holds a different set of surprises. So don’t be shy! Try out other bundle tiers, go on, you’ve earned yourself some mystery!

- Are you an avid collector of all the bundles and looking for a new surprises? We periodically update the content of the Mystery bags, so check back often!

Unknown:
- Commanding Shoji Screen
- Giant Bonsai Tree
- Banquet Fan

With the 1,000 point bundle you may receive one of the following items:
- The Sword in the Chair (stone chair with sword cut out)
- Bruno d'Infanto - Honor Vengeance Edition (teddy bear dressed as a knight)
- Ovalisque Dining Chair (marble dining chair with red and gold)
- Fortress of Shared Dreams (stone double bed with blue flags)
- Libri Fo Libri Marble Bookcase
- The Unabominable Krustallos of Seljaq-********* (freestanding gothic mirror)
- !Warehouse Crate (end table)!

With the 2,040 point bundle you may receive one of the following items:
- In Room Dinning Chair (from 'Endless Honeymoon set' featured in TS2 Bon Voyage EP)
- Peguestrian Springstone Statue (horse statue)
- Battle Hymn Low Table (stone end table with blue runner)
- !Barrelcraft Food Table!
- !Bar & Bolt Meal Chair!

With the 5,000 point bundle you may receive one of the following items:
- Double Wiccenculta Bed (marble bed with red and gold trimmings)
- Wiccenculta sofa
- Not so Mini Bar(from 'Endless Honeymoon set')
- Not so Mini Bar Stool (from 'Endless Honeymoon set')
- !Wiccenculata Low Table with Runner!
- !Badge-Shield of the Defeated! (shield wall ornament)
- !Granite Magus of the Vociferation! (wizard statue)
- !Aarbyville Dragon Table! (gold table with dragon legs)

With the 10,600 point bundle you may receive one of the following items:
- Sassy Fusion Table Lamp
- Reflection Mirror
- Spring of Youth (fountain - not be confused with PCI included with HS)
- Tuff Stuff Dining Table (from 'Endless Honeymoon set')
- !Lord LionBowel Feasting Slab! (dining table)
- !Fortress of Lonely Dreams! (single bed)
- !Bar & Bolt Supper Table!

With the 24,360 point bundle you may receive one of the following items:
- Fairy Statue
- Attack of the Braaainzzz Arcade machine
- Hi-yo Candy Mountain Rangers Away Arcade machine
- !Single Wiccenculta Bed!
- !Unmercifal Davenport of the Destroyer with Gold Accents! (loveseat)
- !Military Unyielding Sofa with Laconia Design! (sofa to match loveseat)

The items in dark red are old simpoint bundle items which were offered for free previously and items with an '!' in front are newly added items

Please Note:
*Once you receive all the items from each sim point bundle category, you will receive the dreaded badge
**You only receive one item per purchase
*** it is a gamble with what you get so in order to get the arcade machines you should buy the smaller bundles (5,000SP and up) and collect all the furniture then move up to the 24,360 bundle to have a shot at getting an arcade machine. However you may end up with either the sassy fusion table lamp or banquet fan which were store freebies quite some time ago :/

All help will be appreciated to help put this guide together and help each other out :)
My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited June 2012
    The 10,600 bundle gave me the "Reflection" mirror last time.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2012
    For some items, I know it can vary. Someone had gotten the sassy fusion table lamp and the spring of youth on the lower simpoint bundles.

Unfortunately, when I last bought simpoints (24,360 of them) I got both of them as a bonus (this was months ago btw).

I do know the Unicorn Arcade Machine and the Zombie Attack HAS to be the highest bundle.

On the 10,600 Simpoints bundle I've gotten the bar stool and the bar
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2012
    thanks so much to you both!

If you own the sassy fusion table lamp, there's no chance you'll get it again?

• LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I got all my medieval items from the 4000SP bundle (I think that's the 5000SP bundle now), and the only time I got the same item twice was when I started getting the badge which was when I got all the medieval stuff.
    edited June 2012

I don't think so. I've never come across owning an actual sims 3 item more than once from the bundle. Once you get it from a bundle, you can't get it again. (Explains why now I only get badges constantly).
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    I got most medieval items for either 1000 SP or 5000 Bundle.

Positive about

Double Wiccenculta Bed
    Wiccenculta Sofa

for the 5000 SP bundle

Not sure about the horse statue. But I got it for either the 5000 (or rather 4000 at the time) or the 1000 SP bundle. Never bought the 2000 one for it was faulty until a few days ago.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm going over the billing/purchase history now, and it shows (all these are by the orders of oldest purchase to the newest)

1000 simpoints items are

Thumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.png
    plus 3 badges after

5000 simpoints (or possibly 2040sp)

Thumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.png
    plus 2 badges after

2040 Simpoints
    Thumbnail_128x128.png
    plus 1 badge after

for the 5000 simpoints, it could be 2040 simpoints because I purchased 5000 simpoints because it was better value.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I don't think so. I've never come across owning an actual sims 3 item more than once from the bundle. Once you get it from a bundle, you can't get it again. (Explains why now I only get badges constantly).

I already own that item because it was once offered for free - so because I own I won't get it from a simpoint bundle?

edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I got most medieval items for either 1000 SP or 5000 Bundle.

Positive about

Double Wiccenculta Bed
    Wiccenculta Sofa

for the 5000 SP bundle

Not sure about the horse statue. But I got it for either the 5000 (or rather 4000 at the time) or the 1000 SP bundle. Never bought the 2000 one for it was faulty until a few days ago.

Someone else on another thread said they got the horse statue with the 2,040SP bundle. If you're able to confirm the amounts you spent to get those items that would be great :)

edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    I'm going over the billing/purchase history now, and it shows (all these are by the orders of oldest purchase to the newest)

1000 simpoints items are

Thumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.png
    plus 3 badges after

I have all those items as I purchased 6x1,000SP bundles in the space of 6-8 months, and haven't puirchased any since. If I were to purchase another 1,000SP bundle I would get a badge. If you're able to confirm the amounts you purchased to get the other 4 medieval items it would be greatly appreciated :)

edited June 2012
    I have to correct myself. I did buy 2000 SP when they had the error back in December.

Got most of the medieval items then, including the horse statue. After that, two badges.

Got the The Fortress of Shared Dreams for 4000 as well as the Battle Hymn Low Table

Double Wiccenculta Bed
    Wiccenculta Sofa

for the 5000 SP bundle is still true. Only got those recently

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    I got the dining chair for 5000 and only a badge for 2000 cos I got the chair in the 5000 and already had the horse statue
    edited June 2012
    I have all those items as I purchased 6x1,000SP bundles in the space of 6-8 months, and haven't puirchased any since. If I were to purchase another 1,000SP bundle I would get a badge. If you're able to confirm the amounts you purchased to get the other 4 medieval items it would be greatly appreciated :)

after 6 purchase of 1000 points I started to receive badges. when i moved up to 5000 simpoints then I received remaining 4 items and more badges after that.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I have to correct myself. I did buy 2000 SP when they had the error back in December.

Got most of the medieval items then, including the horse statue. After that, two badges.

Got the The Fortress of Shared Dreams for 4000 as well as the Battle Hymn Low Table

Double Wiccenculta Bed
    Wiccenculta Sofa

for the 5000 SP bundle is still true. Only got those recently

the fortress of shared dreams is the stone bed with the blue flags? I got that one with the 1,000SP bundle

edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I already own that item because it was once offered for free - so because I own I won't get it from a simpoint bundle?

That is correct
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

That is correct

good to know 8)

I guess as it seems if you were to straight out purchase the biggest sim point bundle you can get any of the items offered on the lower amount bundles, so if you're trying to collect the items it is best to follow my guide and purchase the cheaper bundles first

edited June 2012
    It seems you get the lower bundle items with the higher ones as well. Since I did not buy any 1000 SP bundles, I got all the items for 2000 or higher.

So it seems that the items have a minimum but if you buy a higher bundle, you get them as well.

I think you should remove the horse statue and the dining chair from the 5000 one cause it seems you can get them with the 2040 as well.

By the way: smilie_girl_020.gif

Thank for doing this. I think it will be a great help.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    It seems you get the lower bundle items with the higher ones as well. Since I did not buy any 1000 SP bundles, I got all the items for 2000 or higher.

So it seems that the items have a minimum but if you buy a higher bundle, you get them as well.

I think you should remove the horse statue and the dining chair from the 5000 one cause it seems you can get them with the 2040 as well.

By the way: smilie_girl_020.gif

Thank for doing this. I think it will be a great help.

Just fixed it up now and no worries, thought this might be of help to everyone. I got (and still am) really mad about the badge not being removed and the fact that you must buy the biggest bundle to get the arcade machines - why can't we all have a shot at those items with the low priced bundles? the real incentive to buy the bigger bundles is the bonus sim points and what with people receiving the sassy fusion table lamp and banquet fan as well it is a real gamble to get the arcade machines, you're not guaranteed them. Next time I buy points I will have to go for the 2,040 bundle in order to get something new. I'll make sure to report here if I got anything different then what I have listed in my OP

• GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2012
    My husband only buys me the big bundle cause he says it's the only one that makes sense and I have got duplicates of items. I must confess I haven't the vaguest idea how any of this works.
    The only other bundle bought was the one for BB as we were unable to purchase it any other way.
    I've never got a 'badge' I don't think? and Anton has bought me an obscene no of packages since I joined last Feb. I never used the My Page until about October, so am pretty uninformed about how stuff works.
    Were it not for Aznsensei I would not have even the little knowledge I do have.
    Public Thank you again, Sensei.
    edited June 2012
    From what I know you cannot get repeats of items from the mystery bags. This thread is to help those that want to collect the mystery bag items and what bundles to buy to get them - with the highest bundle you can get any item, but since a lot of them are offered in the cheaper bundles it is best to buy those first

I hope this makes sense

edited June 2012
    even though I want those arcade machine, no way in hell I'm gonna purchase lump sum of sim points (that's the same price as a plane ticket to Turkey!) so i'll forget about those, but I would LOVE to have those bar/stool/dining set, and I have to purchase up to 10600 simpoints pack to get it? wellllll EA you can kiss my.....
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    even though I want those arcade machine, no way in hell I'm gonna purchase lump sum of sim points (that's the same price as a plane ticket to Turkey!) so i'll forget about those, but I would LOVE to have those bar/stool/dining set, and I have to purchase up to 10600 simpoints pack to get it? wellllll EA you can kiss my.....

completely agree with you! I had made another thread requesting that ALL the bonus items be available in the cheapest bundle, but until they listen this system will at least ensure you get something different each time you buy a bundle

edited June 2012
    I'm not willing to buy the expensive bundles either. I own the Store, so what's the point.

I will try to get the dining chair for 2040 (system doesn't let me atm) but that's it. Not going to the 10000 SP Bundle either. This is ridiculous.

The can keep their shiny arcades and their KP Stuff. I think they should offer more than one item for the higher bundles but make all items available for all bundles.

At least there seems to be a pattern to it so we can make informed decisions.

@Maria: Do you mind if I make a post about this in my blog ? You'll get the credits of course.
    AHQ Tutorial

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    FWIW, I got the Star Gazer mirror a few weeks ago, and I already had it from when it was a SP bonus long, long ago.

But maybe the difference is that the mirror wasn't a 'mystery bag item'? I hope so, because I don't want to get that fan again either... :)

It's a moot point, though - the site won't let me buy points, and the in-game store thinks I'm Irish so it won't accept my PayPal. :)
    edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I'm not willing to buy the expensive bundles either. I own the Store, so what's the point.

I will try to get the dining chair for 2040 (system doesn't let me atm) but that's it. Not going to the 10000 SP Bundle either. This is ridiculous.

The can keep their shiny arcades and their KP Stuff. I think they should offer more than one item for the higher bundles but make all items available for all bundles.

At least there seems to be a pattern to it so we can make informed decisions.

@Maria: Do you mind if I make a post about this in my blog ? You'll get the credits of course.

I agree with you, and of course you can :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top