Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CK213's Favorite Tales and Simming Moments.

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2014
    Melonie Bloom in Twinbrook
    I'd played around with Simbots enough. I wanted to check out the careers and the new town. So I sent Melonie. I was beginning to miss her.

This is certainly different than Sunset Valley.
    Screenshot-2714.jpg

At first I was put off by the place, but I began to warm to it.
    Screenshot-2715.jpg

Screenshot-3254.jpg

It seems more like an actual town than Sunset Valley.
    Screenshot-3253.jpg

I thought it would be fun to have her work her way out of the swamp.
    She's not enthused, I think.
    Screenshot-2717.jpg

Screenshot-2721.jpg

Melonie's evil neighbor, Tater.
    Screenshot-2720.jpg

The people of Twinbrook are a sight to behold. They really need the help of stylist.
    Screenshot-3206.jpg

The Salon.
    Screenshot-4102.jpg

:P I can start with her coworker.
    Screenshot-2724.jpg

Screenshot-2725.jpg

Eh...
    Screenshot-2726.jpg

Working in the shop...
    Screenshot-3204.jpg

Screenshot-2716.jpg

Screenshot-2739.jpg

And on the streets. I like her iPad-like portfolio.
    Screenshot-3203.jpg

She could use a little ink.
    Screenshot-2723.jpg

I'm having her make Twinbrookians over wherever she comes across them. Dinner at the Bistro can wait.
    Screenshot-2727.jpg

Screenshot-2728.jpg

Bad boy Tater is stirring up trouble.
    Screenshot-2730.jpg

She happens to like bad boys.
    Screenshot-2731.jpg

But maybe not this bad.
    Screenshot-2732.jpg

Her home was robbed while she chatted with her evil next door neighbor. I think it's time to move. I'm getting tired of the swamp myself.
    Screenshot-3205.jpg

Someone on Modthesims were making Pleasantview homes for TS3. I was starting to miss TS2 and it just seemed cool to have some TS2 nostalgia in my game.

I moved her into a TS2 home (Don Lothorio's) for a little TS2 nostalgia.
    Screenshot-3209.jpg

Doin' the Time Warp.
    Screenshot-3212.jpg

Slowly making it over.
    Screenshot-3214.jpg

I like having a little TS2 in my TS3. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-3216.jpg

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited June 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:
    Four pages back to find this I'm so glad I bookmarked it. Actually I'm going to put a shortcut on my desktop.

Things really move fast on this forum. I once posted, edited the subtitle of the the thread and found the thread had already fallen two pages back. :lol:
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm glad you started this thread! I've enjoyed all of the stories, all of your characters. I admire your creativity! I'm bookmarking this thread, so I can come back to check on what's happening. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
    edited June 2012
    Mylita wrote:
    I'm glad you started this thread! I've enjoyed all of the stories, all of your characters. I admire your creativity! I'm bookmarking this thread, so I can come back to check on what's happening. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Mylita

Welcome aboard, Mylita. :D
    edited November 2014
    Melonie the Fashionista

Melonie is working her self silly transforming Twinbrook. She's also making friends and romancing sims all over the place.
    I know many simmers have brought up how odd Twinbrook sims look, but editing away the oddness is creating some unique looking Sims.

Amy Bull strolled into the parlor and was tackled for a makeover. What a wild sim. She hurts my eyes.
    Screenshot-3279.jpg

She was the last customer of the day and my sim was hungry, so I had her invite Amy to the Bistro for dinner.
    Screenshot-3280.jpg

I tweaked her exaggerated features while trying to keep her recognizable as originally created by EA.
    Screenshot-3281.jpg

I don't think I edited this sim much, mainly gave him clothes and hair that matched his personality.
    Screenshot-3013.jpg

My sim has a lot of work to do. There are plenty of townies in need of her services. :P
    Screenshot-3014-1.jpg
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    CK, I don't recognize the sim that's now dressed Steampunk, who is he?

I had to go into my game to find out.
    Clark Peddler, from the Simoleaon Savers household. The female sim is Penny Pincher. These Twinbrook names are funny.

I must have given a new hairstyle since the last picture. Melonie has been very busy with makeovers.
    Screenshot-3283.jpg

I think Melonie's co-worker, Milly Pidgin is going to be a problem. She's undermining all our work in this town.

While Melonie was working on her skills, Milly decided to makeover a CAS sim I placed in the town: Tater Johnson.
    Screenshot-3306.jpg

Tater is a country boy o' the swamps. He don't need no fancy smancy clothes.
    Screenshot-3307.jpg

Gah! Leave him alone.
    Screenshot-3308.jpg

See. He doesn't like it. Now stop.
    Screenshot-3310.jpg

:? Tater! You can't like that. That's a latte slurping city boy look.
    Screenshot-3313.jpg

Maybe my sims have heard the rumor of the After Dark expansion. :P This one's ready to party.
    Screenshot-3314.jpg

A made-over Twinbrookian out for a stroll.
    Screenshot-3377.jpg

I am really enjoying this TS3 version of Don Lothario's house.
    All it needs is a hot tub on the roof.
    Screenshot-3376.jpg

The facial expressions of a visiting Amy Bull.
    Screenshot-3379.jpg
    "Ooohh..."
    Screenshot-3380.jpg

"What the..."
    Screenshot-3381.jpg

Well this is a first.
    Screenshot-3366.jpg

Melonie gets the key to the city. She must be one heck of a stylist.
    Screenshot-3383.jpg

Screenshot-3386.jpg

Screenshot-3388.jpg

Screenshot-3390.jpg

Now she's off to France.
    Screenshot-3391.jpg

It's like the second coming of World Adventures. :)

I've been sending Melonie to France, partly to earn more money and partly because it just seems like going to France would be a cool thing for a Fashionista wannabe to do.
    Screenshot-3318.jpg

But that little French town is hardly a fashion hub. So I plopped the Salon lot from the community lot bin in France. I added a few drawing tables and now it's a Fashion house for learning. The design fits in with the surrounding houses with a roof change.
    Screenshot-3319.jpg

Screenshot-3322.jpg

So, I let her work on her skills for a few hours before seeking out an adventure.
    Screenshot-3327.jpg

It wasn't long before a local came in with a makeover request.
    Screenshot-3331.jpg

A kid. :P
    Screenshot-3334.jpg

uh...a bit young to be worrying about what's going on back there, ain't ya?
    Screenshot-3335.jpg

I had no say in the makeover. The game didn't go into CAS. The kids just changed into a new set of clothes. That's Ok, I didn't feel like it anyway and Melonie isn't getting any career progress out of it. This will probably wreck the fashion culture of the town, but I can always play another neighborhood for that.
    Screenshot-3336.jpg

So, I like it. It feels perfect for this sim.
    Screenshot-3343.jpg

And it's good to get out of the swamp for a while.
    Screenshot-3329.jpg

Last pic blast from an evenings worth of simming.

Melonie is now at the top of her career. I made over the salon.Screenshot-3415.jpg

Her coworker is making over Amy Bull
    Ya know...I didn't download that TS2 Nightlife outfit for you to change.
    Screenshot-3407.jpg

Sims like everything I don't like.
    Screenshot-3408.jpg

Step in Melonie.
    Screenshot-3409.jpg

Screenshot-3410.jpg

Another satisfied customer...who runs away.
    Screenshot-3412.jpg

She finally got her hands on some woohooium. Powerful stuff.
    Screenshot-3404.jpg

No more excuses and grumbling.
    Melonie gets what she wants.
    Screenshot-3397.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
    edited November 2014
    The Late Night Announcement
    "The" EP that I was waiting for. I was so tired of having nothing fun to do in the after-hours for my Young Adult sims. The trailer had me ecstatic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcq9f72r2c

LNsiggy4.jpg

I tweaked the Logo. Yep, I'm that picky.

latenight.jpg

And just before the announcement I posted saying how I thought something really cool was coming.

UPDATE:
    This thread was originally about how I thought we were on the edge of something major with the next EP, and that part of the thread is right behind this little update.

Wow, has EA ever delivered on my wishes for this game. :mrgreen:

I am awed! :shock: ["Lots and lots of hot tubs," says Humble.] 8)
    ep3_penthouse_spa.jpg

This is exactly what I wanted. [Hey, wait a minute. Simbodies are ripped now. I might just get rid of my custom skins. If they improved the details around the eyes, that is.]
    ep3_partytime.jpg

Bad capture, but just look at it.
    skyline.jpg

Oh, and Vampires. Rod Humble said they are expanding on vampires with bloodlines and other things. I can't wait to find out more.
    vampy.jpg

First time the Sims ever gave me goosebumps. I'm excited. :wink:

Now to the old part of thread written before the Late Night announcement.

Anyone reaching back, trying to inject good ol' TS2 nostalgia into their game?
    Some will say TS3 is already great and others will say it will never be, but I'm in the middle waiting for "whatever it is" that will take this game over the top. :) Whatever it is, it will be different from simmer to simmer, but for me it's still the social and entertainment life for the town. (Nightlife) So of course I'm hoping the After Dark rumor is true, and that it is a TS3 re-imagination of the Nightlife experience. I can't shake the feeling that the 3rd EP will turn the corner of awesomeness for The Sims 3. I've had this feeling since World Adventures came out. There is a chance I will be turning the corner of major disappointment instead, but I remain optimistic.

Create-a-style, traits, moodlets, and the seamless neighborhood are great features and have indeed killed my desire to play The Sims 2 despite its 8 EPs, but I have this desire to inject some TS2-ness into TS3. :P

So...I downloaded a TS2-styled house from modthesims that really set off the "I miss the Sims 2" feeling. It's Don Lotharios house.
    (Unfortunately we don't have hot tubs to put on the lot)
    Screenshot-3209.jpg

(TS2)6 months ago, I went back to TS2 and played Don in his house.
    Don had a run-in with Aliens in that TS2 session. :twisted:
    Sims2EP22009-10-2500-48-00-73.jpg

But...being limited to one lot at a time, not being able to coordinate colors and textures for objects, walls, floors, and clothing, being limited to more simplistic personalities and missing a host of other TS3 goodies, I returned to TS3.

(TS3)It made me inexplicably happy just to see it in TS3. Just odd, I kind of liked them in TS2, but not as much as having one in TS3.
    Screenshot-3212.jpg

And now I'm taking advantage of those TS3 goodies in making over Don's house. Melonie Bloom lives there and she is becoming an amorous legend to rival Don Lothario, romancing Sims in Twinbrook and France.
    Screenshot-3213.jpg

Cue CC, Sims 3 Store stuff, create-a-style customization, and I'm off. Don's house--TS3 style!
    Screenshot-3227.jpg

Just adding details and wishing some very missed objects were available.
    Screenshot-3228-1.jpg

Goodbye Coral floor and hello CASt created wood flooring.
    Screenshot-3230.jpg

I enjoyed playing around with colors and textures on this stuff. :)
    I turned that very Egyptian looking table in the foreground into something more contemporary.
    Screenshot-3234.jpg

Screenshot-3231.jpg

Screenshot-3237.jpg

Screenshot-3235.jpg

Melonie's design studio. I think the new interactive careers are great. I am interacting with so many sims now. Just think how interesting it will be with more interactions available from new EPs.
    Screenshot-3238.jpg

Screenshot-3240.jpg

This house certainly stands out in Twinbrook. :lol:
    Screenshot-3225.jpg

I really like that little house. I really like what I can do with homes. I'm enjoying the game and feeling the improvements. The base game added some awesome features, World Adventures...some initial interest and then a falling off, but I got back into it after my sims worked their behinds off. They needed a break from working. Ambitions, I just think it great that we have so many career options, from hands off rabbit holes, to more time-flexible jobs, to interactive work place jobs like firefighting. Cool game, but not awesome for me yet. I think the 3rd time's the charm--very interested in what the next EP will bring to the game.

EA certainly must have had the first few EPs planned before simmer feedback about about the base game could be considered and implemented. Now they should have a good picture of what we want as a community and can inject that into the future they have planned for TS3. At least I hope that's the case. :)

So there is a peek at what is currently happening with me and the game, although there is a lot going on with several neighborhood saves. I still have to get back to Lisa Bunch.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    edited July 2015
    Is That Will Wright?
    With Late Night on the horizon, I settled down with my sim to pass the time. I played more Lisa Bunch, but I got back around to Melonie.

It's funny when sims get whimsical for the music box. Melonie's guest usually go straight for it.
    Screenshot-3395.jpg

Screenshot-3396.jpg

Pamela was visiting again and their facial expressions while watching TV gave me an idea. :D

CK: Pamela, is that Will Wright?
    Pamela: Will, who?
    Screenshot-3422.jpg

CK: Will Wright, the creator of all Simkind.
    Screenshot-3421.jpg

Melonie: That's not Will Wright.
    CK: It could be. Like maybe a spoof: "What if Will was in his twenties today?"
    Pamela: Hmmm...
    Screenshot-3423.jpg

Melonie: That...is...not ...Will Wright. I painted it. I should know.
    Pamela: I don't think that's Will Wright.
    Screenshot-3420.jpg

Pamela: Who was that? He certainly has Will Wright on the brain.
    Melonie: Some religious fanatic.
    Screenshot-3418.jpg

Melonie: I'm thirsty.
    Screenshot-3417.jpg

Pamela: Want some cola?
    Melonie: Yeah, that'd be great.
    Screenshot-3416.jpg

Melonie is also adventuring in Egypt.
    I'm having too much fun with my sims even with the tiniest of inspiration. :lol:
    I sent Melonie to Egypt. Traveling is fun if you don't do it too often.

CK: Melonie, remember that song, Walk Like an Egyptian?
    Screenshot-3427.jpg
    https://youtu.be/Cv6tuzHUuuk
    Melonie: Yeah, It's kinda catchy.
    Screenshot-3428.jpg

CK: Ya might want to turn around...
    ...because I think you are going to learn how to...walk...like...him.
    Screenshot-3429.jpg

Screenshot-3433.jpg

And what do you do when you are bored and waiting for the next EP? You go shopping. :P

Screenshot-3491.jpg

Looks good.
    Screenshot-3493.jpg

Look Closer. The pedal arms don't move.
    Screenshot-3494.jpg

Lame, EA.
    Lame. I'm glad I used my 500 free points instead of real cash.
    I think we should get a refund, or just download a fixed version.
    Screenshot-3495.jpg

I didn't want the whole set. I'm happy with these items.Screenshot-3375.jpg

Screenshot-3369.jpg

Screenshot-3367.jpg

Screenshot-3371.jpg

Screenshot-3373.jpg

Screenshot-3374.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited June 2012
    Just saying I enjoy this thread very much! Especially the great pics, so much detail in there! Will be back for more :D
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited June 2012
    Great pics! I'm glad I wondered by these forums and stumbled by this thread... its good to take a break from all those rainbowsies and RPGs in these forums :P

Bookmarked and hope to see more 'updates' :P ... its really good, though.. makes me wanna play my game this instance :lol:
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited June 2012
    Ive checked out (and followed) several of your threads in the past, and its nice to have them all in one place :) Awesome work!

Happy Simming :D
    edited July 2015
    The Divine 3 Get Ambitious
    I've come to call Amy, Coco, and Josephine The Divine 3. I experimented with the Stylist career, but I want to try out a couple of others. This must be a new save, because Lisa Bunch and Darlene Bunch are young again.

Ambitions is the first true experience for an EPs impact on life in TS3's home towns. I was hoping for a more social/ entertainment experience EP, but this has given me much more to do with my sims. I think it will keep me occupied longer than World Adventures did, but only time will tell. So travel done, careers-yay, but lets get to decent social life and interactive entertainments in our home towns. I'm tired of looking at sims sitting around reading books or playing chess. Maybe I should get rid of all park benches and chess tables so they will interact more. :? Hmmm...there's a thought.

I really had no intention of making my sims do laundry, but I've found I love it for my Mansions with live-in maids--more stuff for them to do.
    Freezer Bunny: "When I said I wanted to get cleaned up I meant a bubble bath!"
    Screenshot-2598.jpg

I miss diving boards, but the trampoline will do for now. I cracked up when Josephine fell off.
    Screenshot-2615.jpg

Bounce, bounce, Amy!
    Screenshot-2682.jpg

Coco does it with flair:
    Screenshot-2679.jpg

At the moment, Coco is running out for Private investigation assignment.
    Screenshot-3562.jpg

It must be nearby because she didn't take her brand spanking new Ferrari. (Awesome job, Fresh Prince)
    Screenshot-3563.jpg

Her Roommate, Amy, is heading out for her school teaching job.
    Screenshot-3564.jpg

The third of the trio, Josephine, is chilling out in her bedroom, watching TV. She works nights as a ghost hunter.
    Screenshot-3565.jpg

Oh, yeah.
    Screenshot-2684.jpg

Ghost bustin' makes me feel good. Josephine gets the ghost hunting career. She was afraid of all things paranormal in my TS2 story. I liked the irony of having her tackle her fears through ghost hunting.
    Screenshot-2706.jpg

I should have done this long ago. I could have had won Amy her Simfu King skill challenge by now.
    She has a growing group of sparring partners.
    Screenshot-3656.jpg

And taking them down...
    Screenshot-3654.jpg

...one by one. You will improve with time, Tom.
    Screenshot-3655.jpg

I've been lax about training Coco.
    Screenshot-3663.jpg

Maybe she prefers it that way.
    Screenshot-3661.jpg

Ooch!
    Screenshot-3662.jpg

Amy treats her to pizza later on. :D
    Screenshot-3664.jpg

Josephine discovered astral travel.
    ...via trampoline.
    Screenshot-3619.jpg

I thought Bebe Hart looked too innocent to be true.
    Screenshot-3626.jpg

Amy has more Simfu students.
    Screenshot-3631.jpg

Screenshot-3630.jpg

Screenshot-3633.jpg

Amy got an opportunity to tutor Darlene Bunch after school.
    Screenshot-3573.jpg

She had already given Darlene Simfu training at the gym and got her her first belt.
    Now this gave her a chance to train her further. (Note to self: edit Arlo bunch again.)
    Screenshot-3574.jpg

There. The second belt.
    Screenshot-3575.jpg

The tutoring gave her a little job performance boost and a promotion.
    Screenshot-3597.jpg

I spent a lot of time with Coco and interview sims. A bit boring.
    Screenshot-3570.jpg

Except when River McIrish went swimming.
    Screenshot-3571.jpg

I put the Speedy pole in the gym. Easy to get to the ground floor now. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-3572.jpg

I tracked down Vita Alto at the Art Museum.
    Screenshot-3608.jpg

Yeah, more pics. There are three sims here.
    I tired Josephine out playing Gnubb in the park. She needed a nap before work.
    Screenshot-3607.jpg

Screenshot-3611.jpg

Screenshot-3593.jpg

Screenshot-3613.jpg

Time to hunt some ghosts.
    Screenshot-3585.jpg

Screenshot-3588.jpg

This is just too embarrassing.
    Screenshot-3589.jpg

Amy got off work from her education career job and went over to continue instructing townies in the art of Sim Fu. A little ghost spirit is haunting the place.
    Screenshot-3697.jpg

I sent in Josephine to do some ghost busting. The little bugget disappeared.
    Screenshot-3701.jpg

There it is!
    Screenshot-3702.jpg

I'm saying this right now. When I get Late Night, I am so making a club with speedy firehouse poles. Sims are going to be able to zip down from the smoozy bar space to the dance floor. They're cool in the gym for now.
    Screenshot-3703.jpg

100 Simoleons, easy. I have her working day and night. :P
    Screenshot-3707.jpg

Now to watch Amy show off her skills.
    Screenshot-3710.jpg

Another student trained in the ways of Sim Fu.
    Screenshot-3711.jpg

Josephine and Coco might as well get in some training time as well.
    Screenshot-3712.jpg

Screenshot-3713.jpg

Screenshot-3716.jpg

Hmmm...I bet that little fist inflicts big pain.
    Screenshot-3717.jpg

I am having just too much simple fun with my simmies. :-)
    I was looking for most recent shots, but this older one of a Gobias Koffi/ Coco Parker stare down is quite ironic.
    Screenshot-3642.jpg

Coco had an investigation that involved Gobias Koffi. Most investigations just end with a text resolution, but poor old Gobi got arrested.
    Screenshot-3689.jpg

Screenshot-3691.jpg

Coco is stoic. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
    Screenshot-3690.jpg

Screenshot-3694.jpg

Case closed.
    Screenshot-3681.jpg

Fishing
    Screenshot-3531.jpg

Meditating
    Screenshot-3676.jpg

Gah! These ladies need Late Night!

Screenshot-3650.jpg

Parting shot: I like shiny.
    Screenshot-3718.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • VictoriousSimmerVictoriousSimmer Posts: 2,715
    edited June 2012
    I can't wait to see the next one! This is sooo bookmarked!
    edited June 2012
    Just saying I enjoy this thread very much! Especially the great pics, so much detail in there! Will be back for more :D

Thanks, Simmerville.
    Plenty more are coming.
    edited November 2014
    Melonie, the Melancholy Motorcyclist
    More stuff to speed money on, Fast Lane was introduce and I wanted it mainly for the racing motorcycle. It should have come with Ambitions, but I did not intend on missing out on it. I can understand the flap over Katy Perry Sweet Treats since we went through it a little with Fast Lane. These packs aren't for everyone. They are niche products and are not needed by some simmers.

I saw a post saying the pack only had 2 objects. A gross exaggeration of course, but I think most of us feel like these SPs only give the bare minimum. I always feel like each category is missing a few items that the pack should have covered.

Nevertheless, I like this pack. I didn't buy it to get clothes or hair.
    I bought it for the vehicle theme. [Some--edit] "All" of the clothes are a welcome addition to my game.

Here are more pics of items from the pack. I made a quick garage to show an application.
    UGLYSPLASH.jpg

Screenshot-4181.jpg

Screenshot-4190.jpg

Screenshot-4185.jpg

Screenshot-4186.jpg

Screenshot-4191.jpg

Screenshot-4193.jpg

Screenshot-4197.jpg

Screenshot-4205.jpg

Screenshot-4202.jpg

Get out of that chair, baby. You have a new ride.
    Screenshot-4151.jpg

I nearly went nuts trying to figure out where these boots went. It turns out they were unlocked in this game. Not sure if they are from the Ghost hunter career, but they are perfect for the racing bike.
    Screenshot-4146.jpg

Birds attack hot air balloon. More news at 5.
    Screenshot-4147.jpg

Screenshot-4148.jpg

I think we need a toggle for hats and helmets on and off.
    Screenshot-4150.jpg

Screenshot-4149.jpg

Forgot to point out the shoes.
    Screenshot-4226.jpg

Screenshot-4225.jpg

And the bracelet on Melonie:
    Screenshot-99.jpg

Speaking of Melonie, I wanted her to have a motorcycle.

I hope this is due to sims being able to have relationships with their vehicles because my sim Melonie here...
    Screenshot-6.jpg

out for a gem hunt...
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Seems depressed whenever she gets on her Jamboree
    Screenshot-8-1.jpg

Her traits are Neurotic/ Dramatic/ Charismatic/ Flirty/ Perfectionist
    Screenshot-4.jpg

Her mood is high, yet she has this "whoa is me" look on her face whenever she gets on her motorcycle. You would think she would be gleeful.
    Screenshot-3.jpg

The Ambitions chopper riders have attitude.
    Screenshot-2684.jpg

She finally got a future outfit from the time machine. Perfect outfit to look tough.
    Screenshot-12.jpg

But no...she looks like she wants to cry. :cry:
    Screenshot-17.jpg

Her normal expression looks mischievous, if not a bit demented. :lol:
    Screenshot.jpg

I experimented some more. I'm not sure what to think. :P

I sent her out for a ride the next day, but I changed her traits, swapping out Neurotic and Dramatic for Good Sense of Humore and Dare Devil. She looked sad on the way out, but not so much on the way back, as shown here.
    Screenshot-24.jpg

Perhaps it was her traits, so I tried it again by quitting without saving to get her old traits back. Same ride, and sad on the way up as before...
    Screenshot-27.jpg

...but she seemed much chipper on they way back.
    Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg

Now it seems to be random with more playing, maybe she will be less sad the more she rides. :lol:
    Anonymous wrote:
    I think it's not how long you drive but how often. And it's something like 8 or so times for Vehicle Enthusiasts and 30 or more for regular sims (I saw this yesterday in the code, but can't remember the exact values).

velocitygrass (not logged in)

Yeah, there is a count to it. I had my sim travel from the top of the screen to the bottom a number of times and the motorcycle appeared in her relationship panel. I named it Vivace (Vih-vah-chee). Very fast and lively/ fast tempo.
    Screenshot-50.jpg

Actually this all kinda nice. Now I don't have to go to the inventory if I have the relationship panel up and I want her to go somewhere.
    Screenshot-48.jpg
    She looks good on that motorcycle and also she's a pretty sim.

Well that pretty face is now covered with a helmet. :lol:
    Screenshot-51.jpg

I paid good money for that motorbike.
    Screenshot-52.jpg

You'd better smile, dang it. :P
    Screenshot-53.jpg

I gave her a less branded outfit as well. New Store boots, but only leggings fit them. I had to give her some CC ones. We need more riding leathers, EA. She now has a relationship with her bike, "Vivace". It's low and I have to raise it.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    edited June 2012
    Great pics! I'm glad I wondered by these forums and stumbled by this thread... its good to take a break from all those rainbowsies and RPGs in these forums :P

Bookmarked and hope to see more 'updates' :P ... its really good, though.. makes me wanna play my game this instance :lol:

More comming, it's making me want to play as well. I haven't played in a week in a half.
    edited November 2014
    Late Night Fever
    With EA dribbling out Late Night info I found myself thinking back on TS2 Night Life and things I wanted to do with the game. I was also thrilled that they had provided a request I had made: A bowler hat. I also notice a new set of eye wear that game me an idea.

This goes back to before TS3 came out and we were all discussing excitedly what we were going to do with it on the TS2 BBS forum. Like what we are doing here now, waiting for Late Night.

I put up guide profiles of sims I would like to make. This was one of them.
    I really wanted that Bowler hat to complete the look.
    TheManipulator.jpg

Well lookie here at the sim in the middle. :mrgreen:
    ep3_hair_acc.jpg

I already have the outfit, all I need is that hat.
    Screenshot-156.jpg

Side-note: I wish those square glasses were round. I'd make a tall version of Edna Mode. :lol:
    :hunf: Actually...that's not a bad idea. Edna Mode, fashion consultant to Bridgeport Celebrities.
    tumblr_l05u7dgZol1qzqwzso1_500.jpg

I don't have the hair, glasses, clothes, or even the height, but I'm working on Edna Mode from The Incredibles.
    The_Incredibles_edna-mode-disneywallpapernet.jpg

Screenshot-184.jpg

Still gots more tweaking to do.
    Screenshot-186.jpg

I also thought back on something I noticed about TS2 creatures

TS2 creatures have these dramatic poses in the User Interface.
    The various poses were amusing and different from normal sims.

The game isn't finished so maybe Vamps can still strike a pose. 8)
    Javy3.jpgJavy7.jpgWerewolf-1.jpg
    Javy-1.jpgJavy4.jpg

I haven't seen the TS3 mummy however. Anyone happen to have a picture?
    Mummies have no choice. They are different, but I wonder if they make any cool poses.
    Vampires in the sims 2 were ugly. I didn't want my sims marrying them. I had Cassandra Goth get bit by a vampire and she become one. She went from beautiful to ugly. I quickly had her call up the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker and get the vampicillin to turn her back.

The vampires in the sims 3 are much better looking both male and female. I do however wish we were getting the coffins back from the sims 2.

With vampires now if your doing some pictures for Halloween they will come in handy.

I'm not talking about how the vampires look. Just their pose in the UI.

The only things that changed about a TS2 sim when they became vampires is their skin color and those ridiculous default red eyes, plus the fangs of course. It looked ok on some sims and not so good on others. Considering Cassandra Goth had dark skin, the pale vampire overlay would look bad on her. I supplied my own eyes with subdued red contacts which made a big difference.

The new Vampire eyes look a lot like the eyes I used for my TS2 vampires.

I made a mummy, and yeah just a standard sim pose.
    TS3SP022010-09-1710-44-49-67.jpg

This would be much cooler. :lol:
    Screenshot-188.jpg

I had posted these pics in another thread talking about Night Life and vampires. I brought them here because with Late Night I am so recreating my vampire household in TS3, Only to a new level with bloodlines branching off for my Gothic living and modern penthouse living vamps. Oh, there is a pic update on the first page too :)

I only had one vampire in my game, but her household was fun to play.
    24.jpg

She collected attractive sims from the neighborhood. She only bit a select few, the others took care of her large house during the day. No outsiders were allowed on her property. No repairmen, gardeners, nannies, maids, pizza delivery, etc.--so her familiars had to do it all.
    snapshot_725326ac_d53ce778.jpg

They also helped out at her Jazz Club.
    snapshot_725326ac_953de169.jpg

Two of her familiars went to Three Lakes and brought a werewolf home.
    snapshot_725326ac_d53a36fd.jpg

That didn't work out so well. A few of the familiars really didn't like werewolves, nor being turned into one.
    snapshot_725326ac_553b1141.jpg

They were an unusual "family".
    snapshot_725326ac_353eacd0.jpg

03.jpg

"She's geeky, but she has spirit. Shall we take her?"
    snapshot_d593696b_35aa95ad.jpg

My vampire went on to become a vampire witch.
    snapshot_d593696b_95ceeb77.jpg

But don't get me started on my witches.
    snapshot_75c05ae3_95c05aef.jpg
    snapshot_958d75b8_15c96722.jpg
    snapshot_958d75b8_35c42a7c.jpg
    snapshot_958d75b8_d5c96807.jpg

A more supernatural Nightlife would be fine with me. :)
    I could go on with my custom creature: The Succubus. :twisted:
    More fun (and edgier) than vampires.

I never did make a TS3 version of my TS2 vampire. But now that Supernatural is coming, I will be able to make her,her familiars, and my witches.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2012
    It's wonderful to see your sim adventures in one spot!! I have always admired your pics - thanks for sharing :D
    edited June 2012
    JBAG521 wrote:
    Ive checked out (and followed) several of your threads in the past, and its nice to have them all in one place :) Awesome work!

Happy Simming :D

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting to moments that were more interesting.
    edited November 2014
    What to do with Melonie Bloom?
    Melonie's purpose was to help me makeover those Twinbrook townies, so they no longer hurt my eyes. I had her quit her job as a stylist and become self employed as a painter. Now I need to figure out what to do with her. She's had a string of romance interests, but other than that, life is getting boring.

A day in the life of Melonie Bloom.
    Up early for a breakfast of champions,
    Screenshot-209.jpg

Then on her favorite mode of transportation for some salvaging and collecting.
    Screenshot-212.jpg

First stop, the junkyard.
    Screenshot-213.jpg

Take it. It's still worth a nice chunk of simoleons.
    Screenshot-215.jpg

Next, a lot of gem collecting.
    Screenshot-217.jpg

Melonie Bloom, defeated by the washing machine.
    Screenshot-226.jpg

Screenshot-227.jpg

Screenshot-228.jpg

A little masterpiece painting.
    Screenshot-218.jpg

Then being ogled by the pizza guy. It was so funny how he was carrying on.
    Screenshot-219.jpg

Looks good.
    Screenshot-221.jpg

Tastes good.
    Screenshot-223.jpg

Bedtime
    Screenshot-224.jpg

Melonie should have enough money, talent, and Lifetime reward points to do well in Late Night.
    Screenshot-225.jpg

I was playing Melonie when I realized she still had an opportunity for the local diner to take pictures in France for them.
    Screenshot-68-1.jpg

Took pics of various scenery:
    Screenshot-73.jpg

Melonie also had some time to kill, so she played a local kid in a round of chess.
    Screenshot-329.jpg

He didn't take losing very well.
    Screenshot-331.jpg

He'll get over it.
    Screenshot-333.jpg

Did some tomb-raiding.
    Screenshot-85.jpg

Gave her a makeover in the style center in France.
    Screenshot-88.jpg

Unfortunately this outfit have very little customization and I didn't like the shiny upper with the flat lower.
    Screenshot-89.jpg

She liked this.
    Screenshot-90.jpg

Strut.
    Screenshot-92.jpg

I'm hoping Late Night features work in France.
    Champs Le Sims is looking more like that other city...
    Screenshot-310.jpg

And I've wanted allure, romance, and culture for World Adventures ever since I heard France was one of the destinations...
    Screenshot-312.jpg

And I might just want vampires to expand their reach beyond Bridgeport.
    Screenshot-316.jpg

One thing's for certain, when dusk arrives...
    Screenshot-318.jpg

And Melonie's done with her adventuring on her 8 day Visa...
    Screenshot-319.jpg

This girl is going to want to party.
    Screenshot-320.jpg

Let expansion packs cross pollinate. :mrgreen:

Bored. Time to change sims, how about Tater?

I am now playing Tater Johnson. He lives in the swaps of Twinbrook. I was saving him for Late Night, but I realized I better get started if I want to build up enough reward points so I can shape him into a potential superstar celebrity in Bridgeport.
    Screenshot-261.jpg

I let him live on his own for a while while I played Melonie. He only had $450 Simoleons on him when I took over the household. He needed a new car and I wanted him to buy a pick up truck. So he's scavenging now. I had him raid Melonie's money trees. She caught him in the act, but invited him in instead of making him stop.
    Screenshot-264.jpg

Screenshot-262.jpg

Melonie used to live next door to Tater in the swamp. They knew each other, but not well. Melonie became a top fashion stylist and quit to become a painter.
    Screenshot-266.jpg

They became friends very quickly, and now I'm thinking about hooking them up and moving to Bridgeport together. Melonie will still pursue her art career and Tater will try to form a successful band. Melonie is neurotic and a very funny sim.
    Screenshot-269.jpg

Let the flirting begin.
    Screenshot-270.jpg

Tater got a hug before he had to leave. He's going to find Melonie has a knotted string of relationships going. :evil:
    Screenshot-272.jpg
    Hi everybody! :mrgreen:

How is everybody?

CK213 - Tater seems like a fun Sim. The story you have planned out for him sounds like it'll be fun too. :)

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :mrgreen:

I think I will have fun with the rags to riches story arc. Not sure if he and Melonie will become an item. She was exausted here. Can barely keep her eyes open. :lol:
    Screenshot-277.jpg

I sent him home and Melonie went straight to bed.
    Screenshot-281.jpg

Screenshot-282.jpg

He's a rascal though. I had him raid Melonie's money trees again and her Life Fruit as well.
    Screenshot-284.jpg

Yeah, he's dirt poor, for now.
    Screenshot-273.jpg

With the money plus what he was able to salvage from the junkyard, he finally got his truck. Wooh doggy!
    Screenshot-293.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
    edited June 2012
    I can't wait to see the next one! This is sooo bookmarked!

:P The next one was more about Fastlane. There will be more drama in the future though. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2014
    Heart Breaker
    I continued on Playing Tater. I wanted him skilled up for his move to Bridgeport.

Once in a great while we get some bizarre incidents in this game. And this is one of them. I'll put links to slideshows at the bottom because it's too many pics to post.

Tater is now at level 4 with his guitar and skills and he sounds like he knows what he's doing now. So I got him in the music career. He needed a makeover from those swamp clothes too.
    Screenshot-442.jpg

Looking more presentable, I sent him to the park to play. He got a call from Melonie. After talking to her, I decided to send him over for a visit since she is right down the street. He got there just in time to see Melonie drive off from her house.
    Screenshot-448.jpg

Screenshot-450.jpg

I decided to follow Melonie and discovered that she was visiting a friend that now lives in her old house. The house happens to be right next door to Tater. So I sent Tater over to visit his neighbor as well.
    Screenshot-451.jpg

Screenshot-453.jpg?t=1298821150

I mentioned before that Melonie has a long string of love interests. Alma is one of them.
    Screenshot-454.jpg

And there was some tension in the room because Tater scared her without any traits that would normally make him do so. (I changed his traits to make him less evil. Maybe they hung on as hidden.)
    Screenshot-455.jpg

"What is his problem?"
    Screenshot-457.jpg?t=1298821150

After that Tater began to play guitar. And I noticed a time machine that Melonie left behind when she lived there.
    Screenshot-458.jpg

Tater tried it out and brought back some future clothes. :thumbup:
    Screenshot-460.jpg

Screenshot-461.jpg

Too bad he didn't get any future shoes to go with it.
    Screenshot-463.jpg?

It was late by that time and Alma kicked Melonie and Tater out. I had Tater give Melonie a hug outside.
    Screenshot-465.jpg

Well, I guess Alma was watching.
    Screenshot-467.jpg

She came out to give Melonie a piece of her mind as Melonie was about to drive off. Melonie kept moving.
    Screenshot-468.jpg

Screenshot-470.jpg

Then Alma went after Tater...,
    Screenshot-471.jpg

...following him almost home, but he went inside is house.
    Screenshot-474.jpg

I thought she was going to go back home, but she jumped in her car and went after Melonie.
    Screenshot-475.jpg

Screenshot-476.jpg

She got as far as the bridge before she got out. It almost looked like she was going to jump off. :shock: Melonie must have made inside her house.
    Screenshot-479.jpg

Alma stood on the bridge for a bit before getting in her car and going back home.
    Screenshot-480.jpg

I guess Tater is going to need to patch things up with his next door neighbor.
    Screenshot-482.jpg

Nah. He doesn't care
    Screenshot-483.jpg?

STUFF LIKE THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN MORE OFTEN! :lol:
    With purpose and not by coincidence.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • VictoriousSimmerVictoriousSimmer Posts: 2,715
    edited June 2012
    Haha! That was classic! I wish my sims would do that! :lol:
    edited June 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    It's wonderful to see your sim adventures in one spot!! I have always admired your pics - thanks for sharing :D

Hi, Mikezumi, welcome to the thread. :D
    edited November 2014
    Jim and Perry

Ok. Time to get devious.

Double Trouble
    Screenshot-573.jpg

I made a copy of a neighborhood that's triving and I'm about to set these two guys loose on it to make trouble. Jim is the evil one. He's going to make a nemesis of everone he meets.
    Screenshot-574.jpg

Perry is the Lothario wanna be. He's going to break up a lot of marriages.
    Screenshot-575.jpg

I've never played serious trouble makers before. Time to have some twisted fun. :twisted: Jim got into more trouble than he wanted.
    Screenshot-607.jpg

Screenshot-608.jpg

More double trouble. The guys are well on their way to raising havoc in Sunset Valley.

Perry invited Shante over to their bachelor pad overlooking the ocean.
    Screenshot-580.jpg

Screenshot-584.jpg

Screenshot-585.jpg

Screenshot-589.jpg

Jim kept hogging all the attention so I had to send him off to keep him out of Perry and Shante's hair.
    Screenshot-593.jpg

Break it up, Perry.
    Screenshot-590.jpg

Screenshot-591.jpg

Screenshot-594.jpg

But enough games. Perry is out to destroy all the happy relationships in Sunset Valley. :twisted:
    Screenshot-595.jpg

Screenshot-599.jpg

Shante had no problem with breaking up with her husband. :P
    Screenshot-600.jpg

Screenshot-601.jpg

Perry has a single track mind.
    "You're just too good to be truuue..."
    Screenshot-611.jpg

"Can't take my eyes off youuuu..."
    Screenshot-610.jpg

"You'd be like heaven to touch..."
    Screenshot-612.jpg

Flirting with wealthy Lydia Wellington, Perry.
    Screenshot-614.jpg

Which he did well, but he was also there to work out. He might find himself in some fights with the angry ex-boyfriends and husbands of his conquests.
    Screenshot-618.jpg

Jim was arrested at the criminal hideout again.
    Screenshot-619.jpg

He shows up to work on his martial arts with Perry. Perry takes note of Victoria Hotness there. He'll look her up later.
    Screenshot-626.jpg

He runs into Lydia again after his workout, but can't flirt because Shante is walking up.
    Screenshot-636.jpg

Better take her home. More on this later.
    "I wanna hold you so much..."
    Screenshot-638.jpg

funny things happen in this game. :lol:

Perry took Lydia home.
    Screenshot-640.jpg

Jim ordered Pizza
    Screenshot-647.jpg

They ate it.
    Screenshot-648.jpg

Lydia played video games while Perry took a shower to freshen up from his workout at the gym.
    Screenshot-649.jpg

Then he called her up to his room.
    Screenshot-652.jpg

That's when I heard another set of footsteps in the house. :shock:
    Jim was sleep, so who was that?

It's Lydia's little sister!! What is she doing here? :shock:
    Screenshot-650.jpg

She went right to the spot where her sister was playing the game.
    Screenshot-657.jpg

Her big sister was playing a totally different kind of game upstairs.
    Screenshot-661.jpg

Her little sister then went home.
    Screenshot-663.jpg

A good thing too.
    Screenshot-664.jpg

Screenshot-672.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2012
    Great tales but this compilation thread is not getting the attention it deserves. :wink: