Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

-closed- winners have received prizes.

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited May 2012
    I'll write your names down and e-mail them to silvergreenmoon.

Thank you Springfairy!
  • silvergreenmoonsilvergreenmoon Posts: 621 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm back.I'm still under the weather, but will try and keep up with this.I have a tropical storm warning so may not be on for a couple days again, but until the storm arrives I'll be here.=)
  • ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited May 2012
    If I have time, I may actually give this a go later. Gotta get through a lot of other stuff first, though.

I built one hotel in my game already for the hotel challenge, which I haven't played in a while because I needed a break from the constant cleaning, but it was a bit different from the requirements for this. Very interesting contest, though.
    edited June 2012
    Elimarna wrote:
    If I have time, I may actually give this a go later. Gotta get through a lot of other stuff first, though.

I built one hotel in my game already for the hotel challenge, which I haven't played in a while because I needed a break from the constant cleaning, but it was a bit different from the requirements for this. Very interesting contest, though.

I'll put you down as a maybe then.=)
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited June 2012
    Just about to start work on my motel! *excited*

However, I need something clarified. In the requirements, it says "1. Must have a minimum of rooms 12 max. "

Does that mean the minimum and maximum is 12 rooms? Not sure if that's what you meant!

Thanks in advance - Daiyu
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited June 2012
    Daiyu wrote:
    Just about to start work on my motel! *excited*

However, I need something clarified. In the requirements, it says "1. Must have a minimum of rooms 12 max. "

Does that mean the minimum and maximum is 12 rooms? Not sure if that's what you meant!

Thanks in advance - Daiyu

I was wondering about this too because I think it previously said minimum 6, maximum 12. I think it might be a typo now.
    edited June 2012
    I just realised that the lot I'm building on is 30x40... which is not one of the lot sizes you have stipulated.

Any chance you will accept other lot sizes?
    edited June 2012
    Prizes
    1st: 500 simpoints & studio rec'd(depending on size, if you have 1100 items I may not be able to do it all lol)
    2nd: 300 simpoints & half the studio rec'd
    3rd: 200 simpoints * 3 pages rec'd

Store item list that can be used:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5klmk40rfpo3950
    These are items that I either own or a friend of mine is willing to gift me.

Hi Silvergreenmoon, I'm really new to the Sims forum and new at entering contests, but at the risking of sounding stupid, I don't really understand the studio recommending thing that you mention in your prize list. Does that just mean that you will go in and recommend all of the items that someone has uploaded to the Exchange (for the 1st place winner, e.g.)?

Also, do you need to be a member on Mediafire to be able to download your Word doc of list of store items? I can't get it to download.

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to building my motel (although I'm still in the idea stage right now). :-)
    edited June 2012
    Daiyu wrote:
    I just realised that the lot I'm building on is 30x40... which is not one of the lot sizes you have stipulated.

I don't want you restarting, so sure, but once your done with it, could you save it to your bin, and place it down on a 40x40 lot and upload it on that lot size? I'll just add extra trees or something to cover up the extra space.

And that was a typo, Minimum 6, max 12.^^ I don't know where 6 went.OOPS
    edited June 2012
    Sandraelle wrote:
    Prizes
    1st: 500 simpoints & studio rec'd(depending on size, if you have 1100 items I may not be able to do it all lol)
    2nd: 300 simpoints & half the studio rec'd
    3rd: 200 simpoints * 3 pages rec'd

Store item list that can be used:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5klmk40rfpo3950
    These are items that I either own or a friend of mine is willing to gift me.

Hi Silvergreenmoon, I'm really new to the Sims forum and new at entering contests, but at the risking of sounding stupid, I don't really understand the studio recommending thing that you mention in your prize list. Does that just mean that you will go in and recommend all of the items that someone has uploaded to the Exchange (for the 1st place winner, e.g.)?

Also, do you need to be a member on Mediafire to be able to download your Word doc of list of store items? I can't get it to download.

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to building my motel (although I'm still in the idea stage right now). :-)

1.Yep
    2.Nope.

^_^
    edited June 2012
    Daiyu wrote:

I'm sorry, but it has to be one of the lot sizes I put down, as I don't have 30x40 lots in my game and I don't like placing lots on the wrong size lots.And I know there's a mod, but mods mess my game up.:/ I hope you didn't get too far.:/

And that was a typo, Minimum 6, max 12.^^

Regarding lot size, I realised a little while after posting that it didn't really matter that I'd started on a 30x40, as I can still put what I have built on the larger 40x40 lot size anyway. So it's all good :)

Thanks for clarifying the minimum/maximum.

Hope you're feeling better!
    edited June 2012
    Daiyu wrote:
    Daiyu wrote:

I'm sorry, but it has to be one of the lot sizes I put down, as I don't have 30x40 lots in my game and I don't like placing lots on the wrong size lots.And I know there's a mod, but mods mess my game up.:/ I hope you didn't get too far.:/

And that was a typo, Minimum 6, max 12.^^

Regarding lot size, I realised a little while after posting that it didn't really matter that I'd started on a 30x40, as I can still put what I have built on the larger 40x40 lot size anyway. So it's all good :)

Thanks for clarifying the minimum/maximum.

Hope you're feeling better!

My throat still hurts and I'm extreamly tired.But I couldn't keep putting this off any longer, so as sick as I still am.I'm coming on to update.

I would let you use that lot size, but my game is missing that one.I only have the lot sizes I put down and 10x10, 15x10 and I'm sure it wouldn't fit on 10x10 :lol:
  • AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I haven't ever done a building contest before, but this seems interesting. I might possibly do it :)
    edited June 2012

1.Yep
    2.Nope.

^_^

Thanks! I tried the download again but in Internet Explorer this time and it worked just fine, so it must have been a problem with Mozilla Firefox. Sorry you're not feeling well and hope you get better soon.
    edited June 2012
    Just started... I have the layout done and a small bathroom done so far. but it's on a 30x30.. :( Gotta move it to a bigger lot!
  • mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited June 2012
    Gonna go start mine now. :D
    edited June 2012
    Here's my motel link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5847780

Gonna go take some pictures in game soon
  • cherry022806cherry022806 Posts: 3,255 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would love to try and enter I think I'll have time to start building around June 25th!
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited June 2012
    :P Can you put me as a maybe. This looks interesting. :P
  • Legendaryeagle25Legendaryeagle25 Posts: 9,014 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have Designed my Motel to have 21 Room as I misunderstood the amount off rooms. So I guess I will have to drop out.
    edited June 2012
    I have Designed my Motel to have 21 Room as I misunderstood the amount off rooms. So I guess I will have to drop out.

Aww, I'm sorry.Its just large lots make my game lag really bad.I could still download it and have it in my game long enough to judge so you don't have to drop out.=)
  • Legendaryeagle25Legendaryeagle25 Posts: 9,014 Member
    edited June 2012

Aww, I'm sorry.Its just large lots make my game lag really bad.I could still download it and have it in my game long enough to judge so you don't have to drop out.=)
    :thumbup: That will work. Thanks so much.
  • player17amandaplayer17amanda Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2012
    I was going to try to enter but some tings have came up,, :( Sorry...
    This seems like it would be very interesting,,

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,779 Member
    edited June 2012

Hi silvergreenmoon, as I have not made a Motel before could you please enter me as 'a possible if I have time' as I have a lot on at the moment. Thanks :)
  • DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited June 2012
    Are you still accepting entries for this? I'm half-way through a build so fingers and toes crossed that you are :)