Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Update News from the Sims 3 Team

Comments

• JeffreyCorJeffreyCor Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2009
    JeffreyCor wrote:
    McWolf wrote:
    Spynnal wrote:
    I do NOT want the families I have created, or controlled, "protected"!! I want them to go about their lives, in the LIVING NEIGHBORHOOD the game promised me!!! Once I send a created sim into the neighborhood to live, I want them to behave as an NPC sim! To me, this was a FEATURE to the game, not a drawback.

Agreed.

I like to raise a large family, have most move out, and keep control of a main character, all the while, watching how the rest of the family evolves out on their own. Now impossible, no?

Also, it seems pretty straight forward that some people might like to create and populate every house in the neighborhood with created npc's, and also watch them evolve, which is now also impossible?

Really crushes story progression in the other direction.

You need a fast patch that gives individual control to mark the households to include/exclude, but the patch seems to have upset as many people as the correction pleased.

Wow. Did you even read what SimGuruLyndsay said?

"Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated."

This doesn't mean the protected user created families are cut off from story progression, it means they just can't be moved out the neighbourhood and deleted on their own. This upsetted many players, so it is in fact an improvement. Personally, I wouldn't like my own Sims to disappear without me knowing or deciding. That's why I downloaded the awesomemod before this patch to stop them. (Then again, this patch caused my game to crash after start-up so I can't even play, so it doesn't even matter to me just now).

Actually, it's you that didn't read it and it was in your own post. "Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims." IE they never grow old and never die!! From everything I've seen hardly anyone want to have any family they ever played becoming immortal. So no, this is in fact not an improvement at all.
    Ok, sorry, but this is crap. My sims are still aging. My sims are still dying. EVEN THE ONES I PLAYED. I just had a sims grandfather pass away.

I think that Simguru Lindsay or however it's spelled should reword the first post. Player controlled sims are not going to be removed as in MOVING AWAY.

Why do people still think story progression and aging are the same thing? Story progression not removing sims from the neighborhood is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from sims aging! Sims will still age and they will still go about their lives they just won't move out of town. This is a huge improvement! How would you feel after spending hours creating a family and then 2 days later find out they moved away and are gone forever?

Aging - Story Progression... Two TOTALLY SEPARATE things! If you don't want sims dying of old age turn AGING OFF!

Aging setting applies to the sim family you are playing, not the rest of the neighborhood. Aging for NPC sims is controlled through story progression. It's right in the manual, geash!
  • Vicky29Vicky29 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i can't understand why you don't make the sims 3 online ! it is so popular it should be online! why can't you make it avaliable as a an online game! i would love to see it online as i am a big sims fan and i love all the sims games that have been out(sims,sims2 and especially sims 3) please make the next game online it would be so much fun! :D

from vicky 29
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I installed the patch a few days ago but then my game went crazy and I had to reinstall everything... and I'm afraid to reinstall it again :?
  • WhiteTWhiteT Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I currently downloaded and installed the new update for sims 3 "adventures" and it is not working. Is it because corperate has not fully released the expansion or what did i do wrong? Or what can i do to make the update work? Is there a way to reinstall the updated patch?
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009

Why do people still think story progression and aging are the same thing? Story progression not removing sims from the neighborhood is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from sims aging! Sims will still age and they will still go about their lives they just won't move out of town. This is a huge improvement! How would you feel after spending hours creating a family and then 2 days later find out they moved away and are gone forever?

Aging - Story Progression... Two TOTALLY SEPARATE things! If you don't want sims dying of old age turn AGING OFF!

I understand the difference between story progression and aging, though with all the conflicting answers here, it's a wonder that I do understand. I don't have an issue with sims growing old and dying, so I play with aging on. I also don't have a problem with neighborhood sims moving away on their own, so I play with story progression on as well. That is how I WANT my game to run!

As for my created or controlled sims moving away - I happen to be one of those players who WANTS them to! When I spend hours creating a family, they do not get put into the neighborhood and left to their own devices! Why in the world would I ever do something like that!? The way this game is set up, it's not as easy to jump from house to house to tweak things - you lose wants and wishes, not to mention inventory - so I play one family per saved game and when they have a ton of kids, I WANT those children to be able to move away on their own, if they choose, through story progression, once I have moved them out into the neighborhood! What I do NOT want, is to have to spend hours in edit mode, just to keep my neighborhood "alive"! That's too much work for a game that I purchased to PLAY!

One other thing - even without the patch, I have not had sims that I created (or kids I moved out of the main house) move away on their own. They move in with other sims, get married, have kids, grow old, etc., but not once have I had one just "disappear". Townie sims will move out of the neighborhood and be "gone forever", but I have not had that happen with sims that came from a family I have created.

I really don't understand why we couldn't be given an individual choice whether or not to have any household in the neighborhood protected. It's the "all or nothing" approach to this issue that I don't like.
  • Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2009
    So you still did not make sheet music usable after the Sim reads it from the bookshelf? My Sim STILL is missing out on some great songs!

Please help us here.

Thanks,

cindybubbles
  • olivermypupolivermypup Posts: 1,586 New Member
    edited August 2009
    JeffreyCor wrote:
    Aging setting applies to the sim family you are playing, not the rest of the neighborhood. Aging for NPC sims is controlled through story progression. It's right in the manual, geash!

The guide doesn't say turning off story progression turns off aging for the people in town. It says turning off story progression will stop neighbors from socializing, getting married, and having families. The whole point of this game was "Universal Aging".
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have the new patch installed and put story progression on. I'm playing five houses in rotation.

Today, the game chose to move one of my player-controlled families out of the neighborhood. The family is gone. I did not want this to happen. I don't care what happens to other families I've never played. The game should have moved out one of those.

So apparently, the patch does NOT "protect" player-controlled families as it claims to do.
    edited August 2009
    Uroica69 wrote:
    ...One other thing - even without the patch, I have not had sims that I created (or kids I moved out of the main house) move away on their own. They move in with other sims, get married, have kids, grow old, etc., but not once have I had one just "disappear". Townie sims will move out of the neighborhood and be "gone forever", but I have not had that happen with sims that came from a family I have created.

I really don't understand why we couldn't be given an individual choice whether or not to have any household in the neighborhood protected. It's the "all or nothing" approach to this issue that I don't like.

Hi Uroica69. I have had CAS Sims that I created be moved out of town by story progression as well as their offspring. In fact, I have never noticed ANY townies moving out except for the Skip Broke family from Riverview. All the other townies seem to stay, and my player-controlled families are the ones that the game moves out. I don't like this. I want to be able to play my few families in rotation, not have them move away. I don't care what happens to the rest of the townies.

You're right, maybe there should be an individual check-off list for the houses we want to keep in the neighborhood.
    edited August 2009
    Cndy20009 wrote:
    So you still did not make sheet music usable after the Sim reads it from the bookshelf? My Sim STILL is missing out on some great songs!

Please help us here.

Thanks,

cindybubbles

What I do for sheet music is this: Have the Sim buy the sheet music from the book store. Keep it in the Sim's inventory, don't take it out. When you want your Sim to learn the song, click on the sheet music in inventory and there should be an option to "learn song." The Sim then pulls out their guitar and starts learning that song. When the Sim is finished, you should get a pop-up box saying the Sim just finished learning the song.
  • iowagalagainiowagalagain Posts: 186 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hate what they've done to the game! Story progression, once I got the hang of it, wasn't so bad the way it was. The numerous babies born with only one biological parent wasn't good, but at least there used to be a lot of babies born to couples who didn't live together. I spent several hours, more than once, going into several households to split up huge families that didn't have accommodations in the house for so many, and found out by looking at the family trees that most babies were fathered by a boyfriend who lived elsewhere. I ended up moving a lot of couples in together and marrying many of them, just to sort it out.

However, now, the townies who don't live in the same household with their boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance/spouse don't have babies at all unless the player plays them. The whole neighborhood is related to my family. The neighborhood is full of elders and the only babies being born are the ones I have created in playing. The game doesn't create babies anymore because the town is full with sims who aren't being played, who never do anything with their lives, and never leave to make room for anyone else. None of my sims that move out ever marry or have children of their own, probably because there are very few youthful prospects, and because the game doesn't want to add babies to an already-full neighborhood. When children go to school and meet THREE classmates and the game says they have met ALL of their classmates, there is most definitely something wrong. The old story progression was not ideal, but it was a heck of a lot better than this so-called improvement. There were so many other important problems that needed fixing, I'm just flabbergasted that EA did this instead of fixing those things!
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited August 2009
    WhiteT wrote:
    I currently downloaded and installed the new update for sims 3 "adventures" and it is not working. Is it because corperate has not fully released the expansion or what did i do wrong? Or what can i do to make the update work? Is there a way to reinstall the updated patch?

The patch isn't for TS3 adventures, it's an updated patch of patch 1.3. Am i right?
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited August 2009
    acee313 wrote:
    WhiteT wrote:

The patch isn't for TS3 adventures, it's an updated patch of patch 1.3. Am i right?

Correct. The EP is not due until November - this is (as far as I can tell) a new patch to patch the last patch which was supposed to patch the game. (Try saying that ten times really fast!)

A patch I'm not particularly impressed with, because now I have to start all of my games from scratch because my savegames no longer load after 1.4. Luckily, the main game I'm really miffed about losing is the 'legacy-style' game I'd just started last night, but it is a bit annoying.

I honestly thought TS3 would be better when it came to patches, but it seems EA and Blizzard work right down the hall from each other and compare notes: "So, how do we make this next patch break stuff MOAR!?!?"

As for story progression, my biggest beef so far has been the 'genetics' issue - girls look like their mothers, boys look like their fathers, and ten generations later you end up with a town full of the same faces with different names. Genetics needs work - apparently it was far better in TS2, so if you've already 'perfected' it, EAxis...just put a TS2-derived genetic code-base in TS3...please...
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm confused, was there another, recent patch? I was prompted to update my game today (8/7) but I couldn't see much info about it. It now shows I have v. 1.4.6. Was there a new patch because I'm starting to get baffled if there was one did it address new issues, or was it a patch to fix the patch or a glich that I was asked to update today since I had just updated the other day too?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • simka334playersimka334player Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Exactly! I have noticed the same thing!

Especially when the kids reach their teens, they look almost exactly like their respective parents; sometimes I am confused who I am controling!

Speaking of which.... I imagined that in TS games total control was one of the assets of the game, beside creating sims and constructing houses; with this SP on it's just like an ant farm! You sit tight and watch what is going on! Where is the fun in it? A peep show?
    I want to be able to decide at least the major issues in my sims lives, like whom to love or marry, what job to take on, or what to name the kids, etc. That was the point previously.
    By the way, does anyone know how to make my sims die peacefully without me having to starve them to death? As I play with aging off, how do I get rid of my elders who would otherwise die of old age?

I know, it sounds convoluted! I guess this game is not for me, then. :cry:
  • duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited August 2009
    this fourm post is old talk about the new one
  • melical3108melical3108 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The patch for the patch did not fix anything for me.
    Some sims still cannot find their ways to the baby in the crib, the bookshelf, the shower or their beds.
    They do find the sprinkler, now, though. Annoying.

And the game still pauses every few minutes for about five or six seconds - without reason. Very annoying.
    Just now I had to close the game completely, because the rotation did not stop. The whole screen was spinning very fast, even when I went to town view mode or to the edit town menue. :evil:
  • alqubtanalqubtan Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey guyzz !!! :mrgreen:

i was juss wondering .Wen u register ur game ,it tells u 2 write a serial code ,so i write down the sims3 serial code bt then it doesnt work !!! wht is the problem ??
  • AmberMAmberM Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm confused, was there another, recent patch? I was prompted to update my game today (8/7) but I couldn't see much info about it. It now shows I have v. 1.4.6. Was there a new patch because I'm starting to get baffled if there was one did it address new issues, or was it a patch to fix the patch or a glich that I was asked to update today since I had just updated the other day too?

Same with me, I've just gone on to play it tonight and found ANOTHER "Software update is available" message... I am reluctant to install it, not knowing what it is or what is is for!

Anyone else know what this new patch is???
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Uroica69 wrote:
    ...One other thing - even without the patch, I have not had sims that I created (or kids I moved out of the main house) move away on their own. They move in with other sims, get married, have kids, grow old, etc., but not once have I had one just "disappear". Townie sims will move out of the neighborhood and be "gone forever", but I have not had that happen with sims that came from a family I have created.

Hi Uroica69. I have had CAS Sims that I created be moved out of town by story progression as well as their offspring. In fact, I have never noticed ANY townies moving out except for the Skip Broke family from Riverview. All the other townies seem to stay, and my player-controlled families are the ones that the game moves out. I don't like this. I want to be able to play my few families in rotation, not have them move away. I don't care what happens to the rest of the townies.

You're right, maybe there should be an individual check-off list for the houses we want to keep in the neighborhood.

I can understand why you don't like it! If I played my game that way, I would have smoke coming from my ears, for sure! It's strange that I don't care if the children from my created family move out of the neighborhood, but they don't - and those of you who want them to stay are losing them ...

I'm finding it amazing that the game does such different things for all of us. I'm starting to think the whole thing is randomly generated, but even after I reinstalled, my game works the same way it did the first time. I'm not installing ANY patches this time though - why fix what isn't broken for me, right? :wink: I'm curious about this expansion they announced as well, but I'm scared that it will include things that I don't like from the patches.

All in all, I'm not very happy with the way EA is handling things right now - that's a loss of trust that I'm not sure they'll ever get back. I used to say that I'd be playing the sims on my death bed and they'd have to pry my computer mouse out of my hand - hehe! Now though, I'm not so sure ....
    edited August 2009
    AmberM wrote:

Same with me, I've just gone on to play it tonight and found ANOTHER "Software update is available" message... I am reluctant to install it, not knowing what it is or what is is for!

Anyone else know what this new patch is???

Game Update for: 1.4
    POSTED ON 08/05/09 07:11 PMComplete list of changes:
    •PC Only: Addressed an issue where a user was unable to uninstall The Sims™ 3 if the 1.3 update was interrupted.
    •Mac Only: Fixed a problem that prevented players from installing custom content after installing the 1.3 update.
    •After getting promoted in a job with a night shift the Sim will only receive the day off if their next shift starts within 8 hours.
    •Exporting and Sharing a Level 10 Gardener Sim properly maintains their special abilities.
    •Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.
    •Switching between multiple saved outfits of the same type no longer has the potential to wipe out saved outfits.
    •Waterlillies now have a smoother level of detail transition when zooming the camera.
    •Camera memory hotkeys now properly remember floor level.
    •Certain situations will now properly stop socialization and disallow asking other Sims to join.
    •Bait picker for fishing has been improved.
    •Sims no longer automatically exit the bathtub before receiving the “Bathe until Tranquil” moodlet.
    •Sims can no longer interview non-playable ghosts.
    •Addressed an issue where distant audio could occasionally be heard while the player is focused on a Sim is inside their own home.
    •Changing jobs no longer fulfills the "Meet All Co-workers" Wish.
    •Playable ghost teens and children are now properly assigned to a school.
    •Custom paintings can now be properly placed above objects that are placed up against a wall and leave enough wall space.
    •The "Call Over" Interaction is now available on seated Sims.
    •Reduced the urge for neat Sims to put away fire pits.
    •Neighbors will no longer gather to watch a burglar that hasn't yet stolen anything.
    •The "Maywood Glen" community lot is now properly classified as a park.
    •"Omni-Plant" opportunity has a higher chance of appearing.
    •Painting valued painting wishes are easier to fulfill.
    •Number of Books Read in the writing skill journal now counts number of books finished instead of the number of books started.
    •Sims will no longer attempt to use laptops when they are ungreeted visitors.
    •"Befriend All Co-workers" wish is no longer fulfilled by switching to a job with no coworkers.
    •Fixed a problem where the incorrect clothing was displayed on a Sim in the game launcher icon.
    •Harvestables on harvest ready plants will not get occasionally lost during import/export.
    •Opportunity to improve athletic skill will no longer appear when athletic skill is full.
    •"Play a Game with Sim" wish now fulfills from "Playing Foosball."
    •Sims will now get the "Witnessed Divorce" moodlet from watching other married Sims break up.
    •Stocked ponds are properly preserved when shared.
    •Sims will no longer occasionally fail to walk a path involving four or more flights of stairs.
    •A player is now able to complete the "Upgrade Audio Lite by LoFi" Wish.
    •Prevented a game freeze that occurred when placing a lot while in "Cameraman Mode."
    •Sims no longer have the rare chance of getting permanently stuck while socializing.
    •Non-player Sim autonomy now runs more quickly for Sims on screen and nearby (neighbors won't spend time standing in their front yards or not moving on community lots)
    •Fixed a rare case in which the skewer thumbnail of an NPC could disappear during a private wedding.
    •"Become Enemies with Child" wish no longer appears.
    •"Quit Job" wish will now fulfill if Sim gets a new job and is forced to quit the old one.
    •Stairs are no longer allowed to be deleted while in use.
    •Prevented a case where toddlers were allowed to escape a lot and wander freely.
    •Fixed a rare case where a toddler's teddy bear could get permanently stuck in their inventory.
    •"Clean High Chair" wish properly fulfills.
    •"SimLife Goggles" are no longer duplicated after moving.
    •The "Raid Criminals" interaction can now be properly resumed after saving and loading while it is in progress.
    •Sims will no longer get a wish to ask their husband to be their boyfriend.
    •Fix for a possible crash when disconnecting headphones during gameplay.
    •Relationships are properly preserved when merging a newly created household into an existing household.
    •"Play with Toy" wish properly fulfills when a child Sim plays with the teddy bear.
    •Fixed an error that occurred when deleting an outfit preset that a Sim was wearing.
    •Lot pricing was corrected in edit town. The price of trees and bushes is now properly accounted for. Various community lot objects no longer provide negative value to a lot.
    •"Woohoo" interaction now counts as a romantic interaction.
    •Wish to "See Child Become a Genius" now auto cancels once it is no longer possible to fulfill.
    •Sheet music can no longer be chosen from the bookshelf interactions. This prevents a situation in which Sims could no longer learn particular songs.
    •Fixes a rare case where a revived ghost could become stuck in the science lab if a household was split.
    •"Eat Food at Park" wish now fulfills properly.
    •Parents will no longer wish to "See Sim Get Married" for their already married children.
    •Kleptomaniac Sims can no longer return items currently being used by other Sims.
    •Fixes a rare case in which a blank thumbnail could appear in the family inventory after a Sim had been kicked out.
    •Fixes a rare case in which a blank thumbnail could appear in the family inventory after a Kleptomaniac Sim swiped something.
    •ATI video driver's "Adaptive Aantialiasing" option conflicts with ingame "Edge Smoothing." The combination causes visual corruption. A note has been added to the readme encouraging players not to enable these two features at the same time.
    •Medium-sized, high quality in-game videos can now be successfully uploaded via the launcher.
    •Fixed a case where "Breakup with Sim" wasn't correctly fulfilling.
    •Fix for a case where rapidly clicking on Sim traits could crash the game.
    •Toddler's body no longer deforms when "Watching TV" after "Learning to Talk."
    •Sims can now use "Charming Introduction" on Sims invited over to a home lot.
    •Gardening skill gain no longer continues if gardening channel viewing is interrupted.
    •Child Sims no longer deform after "Watching a Concert."
    •Eating specific prepared meals no longer has an impact on an unborn baby's gender.
    •Fixed a hang that could occur when moving away from a house with harvestable plants growing on it.
    •Merge household bed and fridge requirements are no longer enforced on lots that are being abandoned.
    •Fixed a problem, where through specific timing, objects could become unusable if the game is saved while they are being placed in a Sim's inventory.
    •The Sims 3 is now properly categorized as a game in the Windows Vista Games Explorer.
    •A selected object in buy or build mode now stays attached to the cursor as the player scrolls the camera with the direction keys.
    •Fences no longer occlude sound.
    •Terrain enclosed by walls and a roof is now properly lit.
    •Puddles will properly conform to uneven terrain.
    •Prevented problematic routing behavior that occurs when replacing an object mid route.
    •Corrected various grammar and spelling mistakes.
    •Deleted screenshots no longer remain listed in the launcher.
    •"Dance Together" and "Tutor Sim in Skill…" no longer appear on Sims at inappropriate times.
    •"Non-hydrophobic" Sims will no longer panic while swimming.
    •The Magic Gnome text notification now displays the proper icon.
    •Exposed floor tile edges have changed in color.
    •Fixed a problem where counters would occasionally turn black while selecting certain objects in build mode.
    •Fixed a rare instance where at map level the bulldozer tool could leave a blue hole in the ground.
    •The option to "Adjust Tree Detail" now properly displays a "Restart Required" message.
    •"Spying on the Cuisine" opportunity can now be fulfilled by selecting to "Eat Outside" at the Bistro.
    •Refreshing doors no longer causes them to lose their front door status.
    •A child that ages to a teen will no longer receive the wish to "Talk about New Job."
    •"View" interaction will not be duplicated when placing objects on the "Nearly Perfect Pedestal."
    •Up arrow can now be used when placing a house from the library.
    •A faint line is no longer visible on the heads of babies.
    •Fish are no longer duplicated in the fridge when moving homes.
    •All dfc-gorilla (update installer) messages will now appear properly translated.
    •Fix for a rare case in which a Sim could be teleported to an invalid location if the game was reloaded while they were "Changing Outfit."
    •Fixed a problem where bulldozed lots were not being properly lit at map level.
    •Sims who run into obstacles placed directly in front of them, no longer get stuck.
    •Babies and Toddlers will no longer be left alone if the household is split up or merged through edit town, a babysitter will be called.
    •Fixed a rare case in which a Sim remains on the wrong lot after moving.
    •Guitar Skill level 10 text notification no longer mentions purchasing new songs from the bookstore.
    •Fixed a rare case where the social worker's vehicle could be left behind on a lot.
    •Korean GRB rating is now available to use in Windows Parental Controls.
    •The Sims 3 now supports more than 2000 concurrent save games.
    •Custom Music will no longer be assigned as a favorite randomly.
    •Fixed a rare case where "Accept" would be unavailable in Create-A-Sim after undoing while accepting a Sim from "Play with Genetics."
    •Children Sims will no longer attempt to knock over blocks at the same time.
    •Fixed child animation when putting away the birthday cake.
    •Fish no longer appear on dry ground of lots that have been coverted to residential lots .
    •Bulldozing a lot with collectable spawners no longer destroys the spawners.
    •A family with only a toddler is no longer allowed to be saved to the library.
    •Placing small objects on the front slot of the dresser will no longer block the dresser from being used.
    •Sims no longer fail to view decorative objects placed on a fireplace mantle.
    •Sims now build relationship through the "Tutor" interaction.
    •Fixed a minor error that occurred while loading a game where the dresser was in use.
    •Fix for misaligned water effects on a particular sink.
    •"Likes Work" moodlet is now properly removed if "Workaholic" trait is changed or removed.
    •Purchasing "SimLife Goggles" now fulfills the "Buy Video Game" wish.
    •Canceling the installation of a queue of downloaded items now works properly.
    •"Collection Helper" is properly displayed when picked up in buy mode.
    •Fixes some cases of objects being improperly assigned type in the launcher.
    •The player can no longer delete a tombstone that is being used by a ghost.
    •Fixed a rare routing failure that could happen when attempting to route to an enclosed object on an inactive floor.
    •Televisions no longer play video after they are burned or broken.
    •Under certain circumstances, Sims will now choose smarter lot entry locations.
    •"Amateur Olympics" Opportunity notification now mentions event times.
    •Sims can no longer "Try for Baby" with the Grim Reaper.
    •Fixed a rare case where a Sim could start painting but the canvas was not visible.
    •Fixed a rare case where the police cruiser could be left in front of the police station.
    •"Sabotage" interaction is now available under more conditions.
    •Deeds will now stack in the inventory and a "Collect All" interaction can be used on them.
    •The Riverview download now displays the proper size for the entire duration of the download.
    •Fix for children playing improper animations when trying to cook.
    •Fixed an error that occurred when removing the moodlet manager from the inventory of a Sim that was in the process of using the moodlet manager.
    •"Upgrade Object" wish correctly filters out gates.
    •Various premade Sims downloaded from the exchange are now sorting into the correct age catagory.
    •Buildings will keep the appropriate lights when zooming in and out at nighttime.
    •Fixed a very slow memory leak triggered by the "Fertilize" interaction.
    •Adding support for the NVIDIA Ion.
    •Roofing is now visible on low end Intel video cards.
    •Replaced a duplicate hat style for elder females.
    •Game speed no longer affects the playback of audio stings.
    •NPC's automobiles are no longer purged from inventory.
    •Added support for the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.
    •Mac Only: Custom Content, Screenshots or video added to Documents/User/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/… while the game is running will now show up in the Launcher.
    •Mac Only: The Mac version of The Sims 3 now supports Shader Model 3.0 graphics features. (excluding the NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT and 7600GT cards)
    •Mac Only: The high lighting quality Sim shader has been enabled in Create-A-Sim.
    •Mac Only: Added a warning message upon attempting to delete a downloaded world (Riverview) that associated save files will be lost.
    •Mac Only: Enabled depth texture support (shadows) on all supported video cards.
    •Mac Only: The user interface is no longer improperly displayed in ingame reflections.

They only addressed installation issues and custom content for Mac users ... what about the hundreds of other issues that have been brought up on these forums!??? Only the top two lines of that huge description is new ... Arrrgh!
  • AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    So is there another patch today?
  • devonni92devonni92 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hallelujah!
    Single sims cannot somehow have children by themselves!
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ^

I thought that was in the last patch too...?
  • mzki24mzki24 Posts: 1,356 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how about a patch to fix the launcher and let it upload my families and sims to thee ts3 website hmmmm can you fix that please?