Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sun, Surf, & Sand on Store Page and Future Store Set Hint?- *Facebook Hint added 6/3/12*

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    ivinian wrote:
    I might actually use pools if they put in diving boards and fun stuff for them. At the moment, swimming doesn't give any particular moodlets and doesn't really do anything except drown tired Sims--which is cool too, don't get me wrong, but that's a TON of space that goes essentially to waste. Swimming is a drastically underserved concept in the Sims.

Well the hydrophobic ones do :lol:
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    I know I bring it up every few months, but diving boards were in one of the first Store polls, and since then other items from the poll have been made into PC. :( I really hope it comes in an EP. :(

They should make a magic diving board so they can put it in that magic EP :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for posting Azn. I was a little down after the walkthrogh dashed my hopes yesterday, :( so needed this.

I think it will be next Thursday and I am betting on the diving board. :D

Very much looking foward to another great set from the Store Team.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2012
    Diving boards and pool slides are great but EA,needs to add more interactions to pools then just swimming. Atleast a beach ball would give sims another game to play in pools.

Simguru Aims any hints?
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm a bit fed up with the store atm, but would like something to make our pools more 'useful'. I've started putting really small pools on my lot cause hate to waste space on a pool when the only thing it does is a slight boost to athletic skill. Would love some new pool items!
  • Options
    Mellisenda2Mellisenda2 Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2012
    Being a player since Sims 1 release, like so many of us, here’s my reply I posted to their FB post;

“If it is the pool Diving Board that should have been in the base game then it should be Free for us to download.”
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited May 2012
    Maybe it will be another frontloaded PC set like the More Magic! set.

Diving Board + Waterslide + Wave machine.

I can dream right?
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    How about the hammock or wave machine?

Aw, a hammock would be adorable! : Ones a sim can fall out of--wile they're napping! :lol:

Personally, if it's not a patch that includes swimming in the ocean, I don't know what the heck EA thinks its doing making any kind of aquatic ANYTHING for beaches. :roll: :x I don't see how hard it could be to remove the routing on the seashores for the TS3 worlds, so that sims can step into the water and get a 'wet' moodlet or something, or the dripping soaked moodlet like we got way back when with WA dive wells. Then they add a set of new animations for sims:

-swim, splash and dive (which we already have for pools/hottubs)
    -doggy paddle
    -swim (above the water and under the water)
    -wet self (for slobs and childlike sims)
    -surf (a new skill/athletic activity), with different surf boards sims can use for different genders and ages and skill levels, plus maybe competitions and wipe outs and tricks/moves
    -water polo, water volleyball (see surfing)
    -float (float on the water, or float on blowup mattresses/toys)
    -get feet wet
    -scuba dive/snorkel
    -go boating/yacht
    -fake drowning (for evil sims)
    -collect seashells

And add a lifeguard NPC, and that white stuff people put on their noses.

I really don't want EA hal-a**ing the beach theme again with ANOTHER set of furniture and ANOTHER host of decor--any free CC creator van give us a frikkin table and chair, EA. Can we expand on gameplay now already? :roll: :x
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    Murfeel what on earth are you spouting about.... This is store content, not functional gameplay.... much like seasons and weather, traveling the world in world adventures, its probably something not done in a patch rather an ep.

NOT the store...

Keep Your off topic rant off this -.-
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 2012
    ^^^lol, I so agree with you! Came back to add, I was checking out D/deal in case I don't have it, + clicked the S/S/sand, I could have bought it, and yet have owned the sub sets forever! That's what's wrong with the store!!! I hate that. It let me give 3x subsets to a girlie who owned the full set too. She was most distressed at the thought that I had 'wasted' sim points on her. Not right.
    Sensi, is there anything she can do to change it for something she doesn't have?
    She's such a sweetie, it's DollnHeaven. I don't have the knowledge on how to help her. [btw. reported the pirate].
    :oops: What I actually came by to say was the item I most want is a water slide!!! Sorry I got sidetracked! [put it down to being exhausted + cold!]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kael wrote:

I can dream right?
    This
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Someone on simprograms mention an in pool bar was mentioned in a survey here while back. I wonder if this could be the new pc
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2012
    Maybe a tanning beach towel like we had in sims 2.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2012
    I, personally, think that they will probably open up the beaches and have more pool options when they do weather. I would think they would add a lot of outdoor activites. I am voting on the pool bar, although, I would rather have the diving board, slide, and wave machine.
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited May 2012
    Adding my voice to wanting a diving board/water side/pool party combo! :D
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    If they have 3 pc items... Call me a fool for buying the entire set x.x
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited May 2012
    i'm rooting also for a diving board and a water slide

btw: tinla!! tourneou!!! (hope that comes as a easter egg in a patch :wink::wink: )
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited May 2012
    Kael wrote:

I can dream right?

That would be awesome.
    Someone on simprograms mention an in pool bar was mentioned in a survey here while back. I wonder if this could be the new pc

If there is an in-pool bar hopefully it wouldn't be the only item, but I still would like it.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2012
    Since we are talking the store, I want the diving board/or pool slide. Prefer the beach towel, if the sim gets sun burned.

Forgot to add: It's a shame that the diving board is considered for the store and not in an EP. If EA is really thinking this is cool.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    Murfeel what on earth are you spouting about.... This is store content, not functional gameplay.... much like seasons and weather, traveling the world in world adventures, its probably something not done in a patch rather an ep. NOT the store... Keep Your off topic rant off this -.-

I SAAAAASIIIIDDDDDD I'd rather we got a PATCH that had Beach stuff included, or an EP that expanded gameplay, rather than more Store content that just added even more furniture and decor we don't even need! And who said they can't create a WORLD at the store that included exclusive new objects like surf boards!?

My response WAS on topic as this IS a Beach Content thread, and it was NOT a rant--but THIS RIGHT HERE IS! :evil: Who the heck do you think you are, AnzSensei, telling me what I can and can't ask EA for in my own game!? Excuse me, are you a moderator? Do you work for EA? Do you own these forums? Then leave me alone, buddy.
  • Options
    charliejongcharliejong Posts: 907 New Member
    edited May 2012
    It's okay Murfeel I have been bullied like this before.

I personally ENJOYED your post :) It was full of creative ideas and fun suggestions! I am with you. I am frustrated with the lack of creative content in the store too.
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2012
    Are they going to release the Sun, Surf, and Sand Set with the new item? I want to buy it but not if they bundle it with a new set.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It's okay Murfeel I have been bullied like this before.

I personally ENJOYED your post :) It was full of creative ideas and fun suggestions! I am with you. I am frustrated with the lack of creative content in the store too.

Thanks, Charliejong. :)
    I don't even dignify it as bullying--it's just more report-happy forum police with delusions of grandeur thinking they're Kings and Queens of Sheba who can tell us what we can and can't say, and I'm sick of them. It is not their company, their game, their website, or their time spent making anything sold at the Store/games, so I can type and type and type till my fingers fall off, and there's nothing they can do about it other than get more sand in their knickers making them more ornery than they already are. :roll: :lol:

As it is, I have even MORE ideas for Beach content! :twisted:

EA (since I'm talking to EA, NOT a certain person here who thinks he's Sim God), it would also be nice if we could have more columns in build more, for ricketty or self-made stilt houses, as well as some straw/thatch roofs in build more, or at least roof Decor objects like the ones in the Castle Kits set, so we can have a tropical beach lot, with stands and huts and stuff.

And maybe an outdoor porta-potty toilet?
    And water fountains?
    And backless showers that people use at the beach to rinse the saltwater off?

As well as beach toys and sports, like regular volleyball out of the water (so I guess I'm asking for a new Ball, with more interactions than simple Catch).

And kites! Can sims (or maybe just kids?) play with kites at the beach? (I don't think a kite (or even a hammock) is elite enough to be $2/5 premium content... (I hope not :shock:) )
    And an ability to bury sims in sand.

Please don't go half-baked on making a simple Beach set at the store them wiping your hands of it all, or leaving something like that JUST in a Seasons EP, cuz it should ave all been in the base game already, instead of spreading this stuf out like confetti throughout the Store and EP/SPs. :( The base game beach was one of the biggest let-downs since sims don't DO anything there. :(
  • Options
    charliejongcharliejong Posts: 907 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I love that idea! Kiteflying would be great that was in Sims 2 a buildable object on the crafting table too.

I'm worried the new item will be beach ball decor item or an inflatable pool toy or lounge that is just a decor item.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Quizeburio wrote:
    Are they going to release the Sun, Surf, and Sand Set with the new item? I want to buy it but not if they bundle it with a new set.

Yes at first they will then the premium objects will later be able to be bought singley.

My worry is they'll bundle the new pc with the Sun,Surf and Sand Set we have now. If they're going to bundle anyway they need to release a sequel to that set with new beach furniture,clothing and accessiories.

I already own that set so if I saw some premium I just had to have and couldn't wait I'd be forced to rebuy the same set bundled with the new pc.