Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crop Pictures

This is my Sims garden they will be harvesting from when I next play.
Garden.jpg

I finally got a Sim that can plant Omni plants and decided to grow fish and books with them. I figure the book crops should bring in quite a lot of simoleons since I fed them volume 3 of skill books.

Some close ups of the more interesting plants:
Blowfish.jpg
Swordfish.jpg
Shark.jpg
EggsLobsterCheeseetc.jpg

My plant would also eat Rubber Ducks but I didn't think they were worth growing. Has anyone else found other things the Omni plant will eat?

Comments

• debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    I haven't gotten the omni plant yet, but when/if I do, I plan on growing angelfish since they're great for fertilizer and necessary for catching deathfish.
  • NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    Soooo cool! Thanks for that. I was lacking inspiration, but now I feel working for that omniplant. :D

Wouldn't it be cool if you could give it babies, so your sims wouldn't have to be pregnant? You'd just plant a baby and pick it at harvest time.
  • iluvhn123iluvhn123 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How do you find the omni plant?
  • SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited August 2009
    iluvhn123 wrote:

You have to get your Sim to level 10 gardening and complete an opportunity that asks for 10 Outstanding homegrown Steaks to be delivered to the restaurant. Then the game gives your Sim some Omni plant seeds and you can order more seeds theough the mailbox. :-)
  • iluvhn123iluvhn123 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited August 2009
    iluvhn123 wrote:

You have to get your Sim to level 10 gardening and complete an opportunity that asks for 10 Outstanding homegrown Steaks to be delivered to the restaurant. Then the game gives your Sim some Omni plant seeds and you can order more seeds theough the mailbox. :-)

Alright thanks, i guess i just have to wait for that opportunity to pop up.
    edited August 2009
    Nighteyes wrote:
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could give it babies, so your sims wouldn't have to be pregnant? You'd just plant a baby and pick it at harvest time.

Sure but wouldn't the babies all be clones of the one you feed to the plant? I like variety in my Sims.

By the way, I just downloaded your avatar to add to my game she's very pretty.
  • RingNebulaRingNebula Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how the heck do you grow stuff in the game?
    edited August 2009
    RingNebula wrote:
    how the heck do you grow stuff in the game?

You can grow things by having seeds or veggies\fruit in your Sims inventory. Click on them and there will be an option to plant them if your Sim has enough gardening skill for the different things.

You can get seeds by attending a gardening class or reading the gardening book to gain a gardening level or finding them lying on the ground around the neighborhood. You can buy veggies\fruit from the shop.

Happy Gardening :)
  • onionXrings1onionXrings1 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited August 2009
    What's growing in the second pic? :shock:
    edited August 2009

Blowfish :D
  • RetafRetaf Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2009

Puffer Fish

Yeah I meant B;owfish...LOL
  • knuckleknuckle Posts: 182 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ive never been able to find the money tree seeds... wheres the best place to look?
  • onionXrings1onionXrings1 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited August 2009

Blowfish :D

That's what I was thinking, but just makin' sure. Thanx! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2009
    knuckle wrote:
    ive never been able to find the money tree seeds... wheres the best place to look?

I usually collect the special seeds from around the science lab and day spa so try those spots in Sunset Valley. I find the special seeds from near the graveyard tend to be death flowers.
  • RetafRetaf Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2009
    You have to find a special seed and plant it. Maybe it will grow into a money tree. After you have a money tree it will eventually drop a seed that you can plant for another.

I find them around the science lab.

I admit it I'm slow at answering.