Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7 good ideas!

CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
7 ideas I got while playing today:

Family members and relatives should know they are family. I mean like the kids sometimes hugging their parents when back from shool or work, and maybe run into eachothers arms if they haven’t seen eachother for a couple of days. A sim that meets his or her parents in town could autonomously greet and hug them. I thought of that when I played a sim today that had her father visiting, and it only felt like they were friends and not family. :(

Headlamps and flashlights! They would be good to have when a sim goes fishing or out for a jog at night. :)

Sims could talk on the phone while sitting down. We all do that! :wink:

Sims could sit on the bed, like on a couch, and talk or cuddle. A parent could sit on the bed and tell their child a bedtime story. :-)

Sleeping sims could sometimes have nightmares if they have negative moodlets. :twisted:

Romantic foot massage on the three seat couch. Shoes would automatically be removed. :P

Sims could sit and lie on the floor talking and play board games. Maybe on beds too. Young people do that. :)
cUrfGkA.gif

Comments

• SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited August 2009
    Cororon wrote:

Family members and relatives should know they are family. I mean like the kids sometimes hugging their parents when back from shool or work, and maybe run into eachothers arms if they haven’t seen eachother for a couple of days. A sim that meets his or her parents in town could autonomously greet and hug them. I thought of that when I played a sim today that had her father visiting, and it only felt like they were friends and not family. :(

Headlamps and flashlights! They would be good to have when a sim goes fishing or out for a jog at night. :)

Sims could talk on the phone while sitting down. We all do that! :wink:

Sims could sit on the bed, like on a couch, and talk or cuddle. A parent could sit on the bed and tell their child a bedtime story. :-)

Sleeping sims could sometimes have nightmares if they have negative moodlets. :twisted:

Romantic foot massage on the three seat couch. Shoes would automatically be removed. :P

Sims could sit and lie on the floor talking and play board games. Maybe on beds too. Young people do that. :)

These are all great ideas. Your first one actually was in Sims 2. When parents came home from work often times the child would run outside and greet their parent. It was really cute.

Also, in Sims 2 they did used to dream. I miss those dream thoughts. It told you what things they liked and even what sims they thought of most.

Yeah, I don't get why a sim has to be standing to talk on the phone.
  • Lilmissshortee4Lilmissshortee4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2009
    Brilliant ideas.

The first one was in ts2, it was kinda annoying when the child was doing homework and stopped to run for their parent, but it was so sweet!
  • TashiaaaTashiaaa Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The phone idea is exactly what I've been thinking!
    I miss the children running to the parents and memories from TS2, too.

But mostly what I want to see is shelves so you can display your gems and stuff :)
    I have gems all over my sims floors and stuff and it looks silly!
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited August 2009
    Tashiaaa wrote:
    But mostly what I want to see is shelves so you can display your gems and stuff :)
    I have gems all over my sims floors and stuff and it looks silly!
    Yeah, shelves are a basic type of furniture in a home and I want them too. Everybody talked about spiral stairs but it took four years before we got them, and by then Sims 3 was around the corner. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
    edited August 2009
    Brilliant ideas.

The first one was in ts2, it was kinda annoying when the child was doing homework and stopped to run for their parent, but it was so sweet!
    I remember that. :) I guess it would be less annoying if they only ran for a hug if they weren't doing anything important atm, or if they after the hug continued doing what they were doing. Grown up children could also give their parents and siblings a special family hug autonomously when they meet. Something like that anyway. My point is that when they are closely related they should feel that they are more than just friends. How it's done is less important. :P

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the ideas a lot, guys.
    I agree that more family
    interactions would be really
    good for the game as well as
    more romatic interactions.
    Where did the dates go?! LOL

Oh,and while on the subject of
    family, it would be cool to add
    another party idea: A family
    reunion for those with big families
    and relatives around town.

They should fix the car animations!
    And I agree with the phone thing.
    Why can't sims answer the phone
    while sitting or laying down?
    edited August 2009
    Yes, the car animations. I miss them from Sims 2. I think EA decided to not include them to speed up transportation, but I would prefer the few seconds extra to see the animations. In Sims 2 sims could also sit in the car and listen to music and have a romantic time.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i dont understand why a sim can hold a toddler, and talk on the phone....but they cant sit on a couch and talk on the phone???? They can even hold a toddler while sitting on the couch!!! What is up with that?
  • midorimellomidorimello Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    good idea, and also must have MP3 or Ipod

mysig_1296652174.jpg
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited August 2009
    Brilliant ideas.

Very sweet but why did they always get up in the middle of the night to welcome home the 'mad scientist' or 'cult leader' parents :?:
  • tashisushitashisushi Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the nightmare idea! Then they would wake up with a negative moodlet from their bad dream - and likewise if they had a good dream it could become a positive moodlet.

I agree on the family thing as well. I also hate how you have to spend so much time building good relationships between parents and children and siblings. They should automatically have a good relationship, not be strangers until they're old enough to interact properly!
  • venenosocialvenenosocial Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    These are actually really neat, good ideas. I'm so sick of seeing posts and posts of things like "we shuld be able to biuld houses underwater!!1!"

I LOVE the nightmare idea - I think it's genius! It's really all the little things your Sims do that make you love them and you have some great ideas for those little things that would make game play (especially on the slowest speed) far more enjoyable.

Personally, I agree with you about family relationships and I would like to see it carried to the next level. For example, if your Sim is higher up in the food chain of a career, then a co-worker Sim should display more gratitude and "******* up" to them. There should be one-way relationships of Sims falling for other Sims that want nothing of it and acting as such (delivering flowers, making them paintings, poems, etc...). I think a greater breadth to the social network would make the game far more interesting.

As of right now, there are only 4 "visible" relationships Sims can have with each other, in my opinion.

-Enemies, acquaintances, friends, and lovers.

What about FAMILY? What about coworkers? What about different relationships between two teenage Sims vs. a teenage Sim and an elder?
  • amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cororon wrote:

You can already do that in the game. To cuddle on couch, tell both sims to sit on the couch. I believe they must have at least started to get flirty with each other. You can choose the interaction "cuddle on couch" (or is it sofa?) anywho

tell two sims to "relax" on a two person bed. once they are both completely done with the relax animation, the interaction choice to chat and cuddle on the bed shows up.

you can read kid themed books with toddlers. have the adult click the book and you should get the option to "read with..." if there is a toddler they know in the room.