Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Eccles wrote:
    Honestly, there are too many to mention, and many of them a. have been mentioned and b. are 'fixable' (or at least made somewhat tolerable) by hacks.

But the one gripe I have (for which there is no hack I know of) is this: if I have a house design of 20x30 units, and I put it on a 40x40 lot, why is it that the only placement option I have is to rotate it around the very center of the lot? Surely I should be able to shift it along the ground as well (so the driveway actually meets the road, for example), right?

Apparently not...
    I know what you mean. :cry:
  • SaberGalSaberGal Posts: 195 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the game and enjoy playing it....BUT....

I play epic lifespan with aging/story progression on. This way, I can age up my sims whenever I am ready for them to move on to the next stage without feeling like they are aging too soon or too slow. What I miss is the ability to age up my kid's friends with them on their birthday. I know I could switch households and age them up...but it's a pain! This was a feature not in the base game of TS2 but in one of the stuff packs or EP's I believe. I guess because of story progression and seamless neighborhood, it would be rather hard to have this feature...but I miss it....
  • jimmy9525jimmy9525 Posts: 317 New Member
    edited August 2009
    it takes waaaaay too long to save
  • eventercrazyeventercrazy Posts: 188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    playing only one family per town... :( I want the families I made to INTERACT
  • RichieismRichieism Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The music
    period
    its a bit better then the sims 2
    but it be nice to have our Jerry back
    sims 1 music was magic :D

Jarry Martin created the music for the sims 1 and simcity games. Tho he left with Will Wright. :cry:
  • tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2009
    When I turned them toddler though I thought the game messed up and made them boys, however that's not the case...they just look like boys because of the default hair style.
    They grew up to be girls. And now I know to have them go to the mirror as soon as they turn toddler and change thier hairstyle so they actually look like girls.
    I've seen other people think that too. They should have girls default looking like girls and boys default to looking like boys.

Also, the babies. They stay in their blanket at all times, what about being able to put them in a onesie or something?
    If you put them on the floor they just lay there, why can't you put them on their belly and them look around or something cute like that?

And why are they only pregnant for 3 lousy days...that doesn't even give you time for a party if you get pregnant during the week. They really, really need to make it longer so it's more exciting. The second time I was pregnant my boyfriend was busy when I called and she was busy with work and her other toddler that I had the baby before I even got to tell him because it was over so fast.
    Pregnancy should be an exciting time, not hurry and get it over with. Even with the aging off the pregnancy was still only 3 lousy days.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Richieism wrote:
    The music
    period
    its a bit better then the sims 2
    but it be nice to have our Jerry back
    sims 1 music was magic :D

Jarry Martin created the music for the sims 1 and simcity games. Tho he left with Will Wright. :cry:

I agree. They only have like, two songs, or so it seems. The music for ts1 was ace. And the music for ts2... Well, don't even get me started how horrible it was.
  • Northindian93Northindian93 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The fact that I downloaded the sims from the exchange and they don't appear in the "pre-made sim bin"

D:<

The body does.. the hair doesn't or the clothes o.o

Eeek gad makes me sad
  • rockbelly929rockbelly929 Posts: 591 New Member
    edited August 2009
    it doesnt show an animation for sims getting in an ot of their cars
  • ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The fact that I downloaded the sims from the exchange and they don't appear in the "pre-made sim bin"

Eeek gad makes me sad

CC doesn't come with Sims. You have to have that exact same CC.
  • Northindian93Northindian93 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:

Eeek gad makes me sad

oh D< How do I get it then? O.0'
  • ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:

Eeek gad makes me sad

oh D< How do I get it then? O.0'

You gotta find the CC.

Every CC hair out there can be found:
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Hair
  • ahhlizabethahhlizabeth Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    it crashes randomly just a little though, the hair sucks, you cant make your own neighborhood, you cant make community lots like diners it doesnt have cash registers to buy stuff wen you make some lots, you cant see your sim wen they are at a community lot, and my sim had 5 boys,, all i wanted was one girl hahaha jk but it really happend,, but theres some things that were in sims 2 that arent even in sims 3,,, i love it though,, haha i think either the day gos by to fast or the mood gos dowwn to fast,, you cant do much ina sim day, THERES NOOOOOOOO PETS): , i like how downloads are sooo much esier now though(: and deffinately costimizeing everything is ahhhhmazinnng! i like some of the hair the sims have on the exchange,, i think you should get some like those and my sims can never put the books is=n the book self it says somethings in the way wen theres isn't anything and wen i try to do it my self it go's right behind the book shelf. thats all that comes to mind right now,
    edited August 2009
    i think we need strollers and stuff for the baby's, like seasons and holidays , getting invited to parties not just having parties, i think everyone not only your active player should age the same, i made my active sim and my sims best friend both with children and her grew up way faster than mine, and if you have twins/triplets they should have the same birthday, and more types of parties with gifts, like baby shower, wedding shower, teen drunk parties, bachelor, be able to customize your height. and children should have like crushes and first kisses. even boyfriends, and teens can drive, and a school expansion pack, like you can actually experience school in the hallways and in class like nasty rumors and paying attention in class and goofing off being popular nerd weird ghetto preppy and Spanish class too, and huge high school parties, drunk parties with hooking up. haha funnnn.!
    edited August 2009
    I LOVE THE VEGETARIAN TRAIT,!(: we should be veterinarians and pets and like go on little missions to save some animals all over the world and have zoos and bring animals back from the places to zoos , like o to Africa to rescue monkeys and bring them back to the zoo or the Antarctica and get polar bears and penguin etc. and church every sunday and missions to teach children about the lord to africa and other places also.
  • ProfPlumbobProfPlumbob Posts: 355 New Member
    edited August 2009
    no neighborhood editor. You don't take a huge step backwards when making a sequel.
  • FUNKIFUNKI Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i wish you could still change the songs on the channels that they listen to. What i have to do because of that, if i dont like the song, is switch the station then switch back hoping it will change! Very irritating. :x
  • mhavril39mhavril39 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    2 things:
    1) No neighborhood editor. I understand that the process is probably more complicated than The Sims 2, but I think that the players should get the option to attempt it. And we should be able to start out with blank neighborhoods, too.

2) The color and pattern of everything is customizable for almost everything EXCEPT skintones! I don't understand why we only get six choices: three flesh tones, a pink, a blue, and a green. I like the options, but why only pink, blue, and green? I think that an additional seventh skin option should just be to use the entire color wheel. It would make the blending better for when two sims on different skin color palettes have children together!
  • duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited August 2009
    IanC wrote:
    For me? It takes WAY too long to custom build a home. And it only had 4 rooms!

took ages for me to make a small one with 3 rooms

and i hate the car teleport
  • RoziqbalRoziqbal Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Gets Old Early...Elder Age Have Many Days Y not Young Adults & adults!!! & WHY can we Increase any member of the House During the Game!
  • mrmoomoo222mrmoomoo222 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The biggest problem i have with the game is that you can't swim at the beach.To me i think you should be allowed just like at a real ocean/lake
  • j0rxxxdanj0rxxxdan Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Everything takes SO LONG. For instance if I tell my person to go somewhere they LEAVE their house like half an hour after i tell them to. Or showering takes an hour. However I've noticed this especially when it comes to throwing parties everything takes so long, if i tell someone to go to the cake with a toddler they take hours.
  • cookie36cookie36 Posts: 274 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the lack of musical instruments. i miss the Piano from sims 2

i also hate the way toddlers, children look in sims3 the faces look hedious compared to children from sims2.

i would love if the sims could actually swim in the beach instead of just fishing. they would be able to swim there or do some beach related sports. that would be neat.
  • Mirta000PMirta000P Posts: 145 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can name MORE than a few:

*first it allways automatically tries to install itself to Local disc C... (if you have two or more Local discs it's just annoying)
    *Patches for bugs and bugs who don't have any fixes yet. (I have a few really annoying ones)
    *It works OK only on supercomputers no mather what they told people in the interviews before (I had to buy a new PC to play it) (my old one was broken so it wasn't just for the game)
    *The Sims3 Store.
    *Lack of haircuts.
    *Every sim looks alike, NPC doesn't come in let's say green, blue and red skin colors, they don't have interesting hair OR eyes. And skin colors doesn't mix...

I still like the game. And I still am going to play it. But I'm not going to stop complaining.
  • ShpyPlayerShpyPlayer Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How when i click ultra speed it's the same as normal speed
    I agree with this , however the Sims 3 is absolutely incredible! Will Wright/EA/Sims Franchise never ceases to amaze me!

EA The community really does have some great ideas, I would listen if i were you :)