Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Make Hair??? Plz Help!!!

Haha! I'm not asking for a link to CC hair but a link to where I can make CC hair. :P

At any rate, does anyone know of a program I can use that can make hair?
(preferably with a tutorial :oops: )

I'm a fast learner and pretty good with computers. I made this my sig by myself (with itsallabouterika's tutorial) :mrgreen:

Should I use the tutorial at MTS or TSR Workshop?? :?:

Comments

• LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited August 2009
    Check for a tutorial at modthesims. I think there's like 3 different programs you'd need; all the info is there.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • DANIW523DANIW523 Posts: 782 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks! It looks like it'll take all day, but I'll survive. 8)
  • aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You can use any 3D imaging programme like Maya, but afaik, only Milkshape ($30 bucks after 30 day trial iirc) has the appropriate plug-ins to import/export the GEOMs used.
    edited August 2009
    Aarin, I saw you started a hair conversion on your website. Is it harder than you expected?

I'm gonna try a hair from scratch. But if I do a conversion from TS2, does the hair have to be installed in TS2? Because I never downloaded any hairs for TS2.
    edited August 2009
    B.U.M.P.

Edit: My 500th post 8) was a bump on my own topic. :cry:
  • babybadoobabybadoo Posts: 453 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yikes, too daunting of a task for me :shock: Good luck though ;] We definitely need more hair in this crazy sim 3 world of ours...
    edited August 2009
    Thanks! I seem to be having trouble downloading the .NET Framework. But no worry, I'll be done downloading soon......then I'll prepare to start making custom hair. :mrgreen: Hopefully I don't pull out my own hair first. :lol:
    edited August 2009
    HELP!! I edited the 1st post. I just realized i don't have any TS2 meshes. I want to make hair using TS3 meshes!
  • aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There's a GEOM plug-in for Blender as well, apparently.

It's not difficult to make conversions. I'm just sidetracked right now.

If you wanted to make hair from scratch, I would suggest crawling through the fullbuild game files and extracting the meshes/DLL files from there (or use MTS's CTU tool to get the same results.) Then load the GEOM files into Milkshape, resave them into a file format that can be used by the 3D programme you're comfortable with (if it is not Milkshape) and start from there.

EDIT: There are tons of 3D modeling programmes. Just do a google search.
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    There's a GEOM plug-in for Blender as well, apparently.

It's not difficult to make conversions. I'm just sidetracked right now.

If you wanted to make hair from scratch, I would suggest crawling through the fullbuild game files and extracting the meshes/DLL files from there (or use MTS's CTU tool to get the same results.) Then load the GEOM files into Milkshape, resave them into a file format that can be used by the 3D programme you're comfortable with (if it is not Milkshape) and start from there.

EDIT: There are tons of 3D modeling programmes. Just do a google search.
    Thanks. :mrgreen: I figured I'll just save myself some pain and start converting TS2 hairs. 8)