Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Historical New Orleans

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2012
    tjstreak wrote:
    But it is a very nice steamboat, and its not that I don't trust you, I just can't have cc build objects and such in my game, it lags too much.

Look, I made you a very generous offer. A simple "no thank you" would have sufficed. You don't have to insult me.

Please name ONE piece of custom content I have made which causes the game to lag. For that matter, name one world which lags because of custom content.

If your world lags it is because the person making it was incompetent at making it. Don't try to put the blame for a defective world on anyone but the creator.

Wow what is your problem? :shock:

Awesome world OP, love it!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2012
    TJ when the game itself is updated the CC in the world CANNOT be updated - and the mismatch with CC if EA has made game code changes like they did with Pets in particular and will do again with any Weather ep if they make one - IS a known fact. Just like it is a known fact just adding CC to ones game can and does cause lag. There are posts by the hundreds that has NOTHING to do with a world but CC itself. But putting CC in a world is just condemning it when the game updates and code is changed. That has nothing to do with how well a person makes a world or the CC itself - but everything to do with code changes. Only a creator can remove CC from a world - users cannot. For that reason alone you should not be calling others incompetent or anything else. I know you do not agree - and tend to ignor all established history of third party CC and Sims 3 - that is your choice to do so, but it is not nice of you to try and belittle others that do not agree and have even had experience with different CC related issues.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2012
    Looks good Jvenn, the builds are great :thumbup:
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    Oh i love this and will defintely download it.

I tried to redo twinbrook for a Louisiana style and renamed it NOLA and did a blog for awhile. but i was very dependent on cc for the real feel of it, and when pets came out, there went my game! i mean i still have the save but it's an unholy mess of needing to be redone since all the cc has been replaced with base game garbage.

Incidently i did a contest for this world, A shotgun home building contest and some of the entries were dead on accurate if you care to have look.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/328461.page

also in my studio are a ton of sims i made specifically for my nola game many based on real people i knew from there, not that it makes a difference for anyone else. i also have some new orleans madames i made and put on there. I had made them for the house of the rising sun.

Also in my studio is a shell for Oak Alley Plantation..http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4719610
    i thought it was really good and acurate when i made it. it needs updating as some of the newer content we've gotten would fit better than what i used. everything in my studio (except one sim my first sim) is cc free. I think I will redo my oak alley and spiffy it up again.

Of course thats not actually in New Orleans, but i thought it looked good in my NOLA game.

awesome job cant wait to see what this becomes.

• Options
    JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited May 2012
    I haven't had time to work on it this week...just got busy all of a sudden...hopefully will have a bit of time over the next week or so to do a bit more.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments, it's always appreciated.

Krimsonnox - thank you for the links, I will almost certainly download some shotguns from your thread :)

TJ - I honestly don't think Springfairy meant to insult you...and if I offended you I am sorry. I love your boats and ships and have a few of them in my Key West world. I was just aware that many people don't like to use a world with CC in it, and Springfairy had specifically asked for it to be cc free. I think she was saying thank you to you, TBH :) I would love it if you would do the Paddle Steamer and post a link for download in the thread....I will then put the link to this and other CC in the first post when the world becomes available...for those of us who want it.
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2012
    @TJ
    I'm sorry if that offended you, but I don't find anything wrong with it.I have never used any of your CC, so I can not say if it will lag or not, but I don't want to risk it.CC can, will and Has lagged my game.The first thing the tech forums ask is if you use mods and cc.

Downloading a house chalk filled with CC can cause severe lag.Most of the CC broke when pets came out, so if the creator hasn't updated it since then, then its going to cause issues.

My laptop barely meets the game's requirement, and will only run smoothly without CC in my game.I'm sorry if your angered because I asked for no CC in the world.It was not my intent.

I don't know if you saw in my post where, I said it was a lovely boat, but I did.And it is, I would use it in a heartbeat if I was a CC user.
    @JVNN
    Its okay take your time.I created a lot I'm going to add to it when its done.:P I created a showtime venue specifically for the world, so if you could leave a 40x40 lot empty,that would be great! ^^

Here's the lot::P
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5742062
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    I too would love the steamboat cc.....i do still use it just i try to keep it to a minimum, but for the record i didnt find Springfairy insulting At all.

If you do use the shotgun homes, it'd be nice if you could credit the builders. Dont know if all those simmers are still active but i know some are. I dont get into the gifting forum like i used to.

I was inspired and manger after some looking to find a small bluprint of the Oak Alley Plantation..i didnt get alot of it right so I have started over , not entirely but it's getting a major overhaul to be as close to exact as i can make it with my abilities and items, with out using cc. I've been pouring over pictures lol I dont usually do real life copies in sims, should be fun.

I have all the walls and doors in place now, so I'm ready to decorate. :)

Springfairy thanks for asking for this world. You have me all excited again about my nola sims. Oh and the Bayou Queen dinner theater is great!!! will rec
  • Options
    Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited May 2012
    :thumbup: Awesome world! I live right by New Orleans - you've done a wonderful job with capturing the southern french and creole atmosphere :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    krimsonnox wrote:
    I too would love the steamboat cc.....i do still use it just i try to keep it to a minimum, but for the record i didnt find Springfairy insulting At all.

If you do use the shotgun homes, it'd be nice if you could credit the builders. Dont know if all those simmers are still active but i know some are. I dont get into the gifting forum like i used to.

I was inspired and manger after some looking to find a small bluprint of the Oak Alley Plantation..i didnt get alot of it right so I have started over , not entirely but it's getting a major overhaul to be as close to exact as i can make it with my abilities and items, with out using cc. I've been pouring over pictures lol I dont usually do real life copies in sims, should be fun.

I have all the walls and doors in place now, so I'm ready to decorate. :)

Springfairy thanks for asking for this world. You have me all excited again about my nola sims. Oh and the Bayou Queen dinner theater is great!!! will rec

Thanks for the compliment on the Bayou Queen.^^
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Just posting to say I didn't disappear.^_^ No rush, I just want to let you know I think your doing a great job & to keep you updated that I'm still interested.Take your time, I'm still plotting my story.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited May 2012
    What EP will this world of your need to play?If only Sims 3 and Sims3 Pet Expasion Pack i will difently down load your world.It is what i have been looking for all along.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Looks fabulous! I actually live very close to NOLA so this does look pretty accurate.
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Looking beautiful!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @JVNN- I just wanted to say I now own Master Suite, so I own ever expansion pack.So all expansions can be used.=) Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh i see you are going to put all expasion packs in your world? I was going to download this but now i see i may not i only have Sims 3 and Sims3 Pet Expasion.:(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh i see you are going to put all expasion packs in your world? I was going to download this but now i see i may not i only have Sims 3 and Sims3 Pet Expasion.:(

Aww, I'm sorry XD I own all the Expansions so I said it was okay.

I,however don't own Sweet Treats.Wanted to post this to let you know.^^
  • Options
    mvwheelockmvwheelock Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2012
    The terrain painting is fantastic! :D
  • Options
    SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited June 2012
    OK, a couple things...

1: I did not know I had this many simmer's living right by me like whoa :shock: :shock:

2: Looking good so far. It is going to be a tough world to be sure. I have tried just to recreate some buildings from here and it never came out quite right.

I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing this finished. :mrgreen::mrgreen: Best of luck. And any New Orleans residents/neighbors, add me, maybe we can all meet up for lunch. :D
  • Options
    SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited June 2012
    a little *Cough* Bumpity for Nola. :D
  • Options
    KindlekinKindlekin Posts: 62
    edited June 2012
    This place has a very romantic feel to it so far. :3
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited June 2012
    Looking really nice Jvenn!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Looking great still love your world though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2012
    This looks very interesting. I'm from New Orleans and have always loved the ambience of the town, uptown, Audubon and lake front.

May I suggest (if you haven't thought about it of course) in putting gas lamps up-especially in town to add to the NO flavor?

Looking forward to this worlds completion.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2012
    JVENN wrote:
    I haven't had time to work on it this week...just got busy all of a sudden...hopefully will have a bit of time over the next week or so to do a bit more.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments, it's always appreciated.

Krimsonnox - thank you for the links, I will almost certainly download some shotguns from your thread :)

TJ - I honestly don't think Springfairy meant to insult you...and if I offended you I am sorry. I love your boats and ships and have a few of them in my Key West world. I was just aware that many people don't like to use a world with CC in it, and Springfairy had specifically asked for it to be cc free. I think she was saying thank you to you, TBH :) I would love it if you would do the Paddle Steamer and post a link for download in the thread....I will then put the link to this and other CC in the first post when the world becomes available...for those of us who want it.

Riverview has some great shotgun homes I love to play with. The middle brick one-with some modifications would look great!
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh my goodness, I am so excited! I've been looking for a New Orleans type world for ages! I haven't even looked at anything but the first page, but I just got so excited I had to post.