Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay.. Um.. Just got some creepy music?

2...Next

Comments

• bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    whenever i get robbed in the game (very often, a bit annoying actually) I get creepy music. I groan whenever i hear it. Sometimes the music when i get robbed will start, but for no reason
  • SimInemSimInem Posts: 1,816 Member
    edited August 2009
    My family is in the one next to 345 Riverblossom Hill's Drive... it's just a lot in my game. My house is the where the huge brown one is with the pool.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited August 2009
    ok, the lot is where you would have to be to do a legacy (I'm parked there since I'm doing a legacy).

I think I solved the mystery. I heard the creepy music at about 1am and since no one lives next door nor are there any graves, I paused and headed over to the graveyard and lo and behold..

Ghosties! The music played when one came out of it's grave. Perhaps in the next update maxis can take out that you can hear the music when ghosts pop out in the graveyard? I can see if its on your lot... but it gets kinda old (and creepy) when you hear the music and there aren't any graves on your lot. They can't wander onto personal random lots can they? (gets the ghostbuster's phone number just in case)

As for robberies.. anyone who's been robbed... can you tell us if its the same music?
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
    edited August 2009
    But is the graveyard close to the house? I've only been playing Riverview a few days. Just downloaded it.
  • TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited August 2009
    Is this for sure the ghost appearing music? I have heard some strange short music. I only lasted about 2-3 seconds. The ghost music is a bit longer. Anyway I heard this twice in Sunset Valley when I trapped 8 sims in a fenced off outside area. When I heard the music I thought what the heck was that? I looked at my sims and one was missing. She somehow transported herself into the house. I put her back and it happened again a bit later with the same music only a different Sim. These sims had very depleted moods as I was trying to kill them all. They were moved into the fenced area straight from CAS. I heard this music another time in my other neighborhood but was unable to find out what caused it.
    edited August 2009
    This makes me think I should put Nightmare Before Christmas music on the Custom Music channel =D
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Can you make a video so we can here it?
    edited August 2009
    I can try, not sure if it'll upload for me.

I'll try the lowest settings and see what happens, if I can get it to happen again.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know why but random ghosts will sometimes walk through lots. /shrug I've seen it several times and I think others have reported on it. I played a few days ago and there was some random old lady's ghost walking accross the street from my sims house and up into the hills-there were no graveyards anywhere near. No one had died on the lot, it was just a ghost out and about.
  • awkwardbaby26awkwardbaby26 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Even if there are no headstones on your lot, you can still hear the ghost music if one of your neighbors has one.
    Next time you hear it, pause the game, zoom out, and look around in the yards of surrounding lots to see if there's a ghost lurking around.
    edited August 2009
    Well.. I went back in and tried it again and it didn't happen.

I did notice though, that about that time, the neighbor came home. He's a doctor. It was 1-2 am.
  • tofu_goodnesstofu_goodness Posts: 418 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did it sound like this?
  • innocentsorrowinnocentsorrow Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did it sound like this?

That doesn't sound very creepy. 0.0

Anyways, I just also heard a creepy music at the graveyard for the first time.
    It was really creepy! It's like.. someone chanting or praying something.... :shock:
  • tofu_goodnesstofu_goodness Posts: 418 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did it sound like this?

That doesn't sound very creepy. 0.0

Anyways, I just also heard a creepy music at the graveyard for the first time.
    It was really creepy! It's like.. someone chanting or praying something.... :shock:

It sounds creepy to me, especially when it's randomly played at 3am sims time haha.
    edited August 2009
    Did it sound like this?

No, that's not it.
    Maybe I'll catch it again some day.
  • queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Now I'm seeing stuff. :shock:

WHATS THAT!!
    Oh, my fan.
  • babybadoobabybadoo Posts: 453 New Member
    edited August 2009
    DUDE this just happened to me . I heard creepy music for like 3 seconds and it was gone... and yes, I have gravestones on the lot but it wasn't the ghost music. And it wasn't ghost sounds. And it wasn't even the time that the ghosts where supposed to be out! It creeped me out cause I was just taking pictures of my sims since they just turned into teens. Interesting it's happened to other people too...
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2009
    Did it sound like this?

Oh i have had that music once! I had no idea what was causing it!! weird

xxx
    Gallery xbecky685x