Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack...But Where's The Expansion Pack?

The order has always gone in an alternate order between Expansion/Stuff. Only this time it's two stuff packs in a row, so what changed?

I'm just slightly confused and irritated by this decision. It isn't possibly something they're doing because some information got released about the next EP, is it?

Comments

• imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited May 2012
    They did it because of the bad reactions to the katy perry stuff pack. They realized they wouldnt make as much money off of katy perry as they thought, so *POOF* heres deisel!
  • PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2012
    It would make sense, the Katy Perry SP did look terrible to me... :shock:
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited May 2012
    The Katy Perry pack can now be confirmed as a Promotional Game. Technically, Diesel is SP6 in the series, with KPST as a "bonus" pack. :)
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2012
    The Katy Perry pack can now be confirmed as a Promotional Game. Technically, Diesel is SP6 in the series, with KPST as a "bonus" pack. :)

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the case too.

Maybe they will announce it at E3?
    34336_s.gif
  • mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2012
    sims vip.. you don't consider diesel to be a promotional sp as well, though?
  • thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited May 2012
    If you followed The Sims 2 series, they did the complete same every year, we would always get 2 Sim stuff packs in a row after an EP release! Perhaps their adapting their old strategies and release dates
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited May 2012
    mosneakers wrote:
    sims vip.. you don't consider diesel to be a promotional sp as well, though?

No, and I'll tell you why. EA and Katy Perry have entered a Creative Collaboration Contract, where EA creates content/games/promotional items etc, with exclusive use to Katy Perry's name (and the price tag that comes with it!). Money has been paid out and EA has all the right to use her name on anything they want.

The Diesel pack is a branding deal (probably) for a one time shot. There may be a chance that they create a set in the store one day, but whatever they were going to add to a Diesel Pack, is going into this one. I don't find it feasible that EA would make a Diesel 2.0. Katy Perry's name on the other hand, can be slapped on a ton of different "inspirational ideas" for games, collector editions and store content for years to come. :lol:
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    I do recall of taking a poll well over a year ago about what brands the sims 3 should cooperate with. I think Diesel was one of the top choices. So they finally decide to release it.
  • rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited May 2012
    PinkSims51 wrote:
    The order has always gone in an alternate order between Expansion/Stuff. Only this time it's two stuff packs in a row, so what changed?

I'm just slightly confused and irritated by this decision. It isn't possibly something they're doing because some information got released about the next EP, is it?
    I don't mind two expansions in a row but two stuff packs? I think not...
    2cr3bs9.png
  • igottapi5igottapi5 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2012
    imahippyyo wrote:
    They did it because of the bad reactions to the katy perry stuff pack. They realized they wouldnt make as much money off of katy perry as they thought, so *POOF* heres deisel!

This so much! I really dont see the KP pack selling well. Maybe if it had been $20 but at $30 plus an extremely girly theme... not the best move by EA.

TBH Im getting it since Im extremely girly lol but only in a special or lower price.

Now this Diesel pack looks awesome. I dont like CC clothes so I depend on EA stuff and my guys are seriously lacking since store clothes for guys arent that great.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited May 2012

I wonder if this means there will be another promotional pack not purely related to Katy Perry it could be on anything. I hope so prehaps it could be a holiday promotional pack.
    edited May 2012
    igottapi5 wrote:
    imahippyyo wrote:

This so much! I really dont see the KP pack selling well. Maybe if it had been $20 but at $30 plus an extremely girly theme... not the best move by EA.

TBH Im getting it since Im extremely girly lol but only in a special or lower price.

Now this Diesel pack looks awesome. I dont like CC clothes so I depend on EA stuff and my guys are seriously lacking since store clothes for guys arent that great.
    They should just cancel KP pack and make Diesel's release date closer. Even less people than before want it now that Diesel was announced.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Well that answers teh question about KP and now I don't feel so bad about not getting it as a collector - I have not missed collecting the rest of the Sims SP's. Sp KP was not the Official SP6 and its not coming out instead of EP7 or anything like that.

I am so happy that the official "SP6" is Diesel. It renews my faith in EA and TS3
    edited May 2012
    rk800 wrote:
    igottapi5 wrote:
    imahippyyo wrote:

They should just cancel KP pack and make Diesel's release date closer.

No they shouldn't as they would have a lot of angry fans if they did that. A lot of us already have KPST preoredered. Plus Graham worked hard on those 3 new lots he created.
    edited May 2012
    Why would they cancel the KPST pack now? They would have to refund all the pre-orders world wide. Too many people are heavily invested in it. Ive all ready paid the full price of my order, all I have to do is walk in a pick up on the day.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2012
    rk800 wrote:
    They should just cancel KP pack and make Diesel's release date closer. Even less people than before want it now that Diesel was announced.

No, even though you do not, there are people who want it. It wouldn't be fair to the people who already pre-ordered it, nor to the Gurus who put all the time and effort into making it.
    34336_s.gif
    edited May 2012
    They are both "Named" branded products any way!

Just one offers Inspiration the other offers Entertainment. Not much difference. You can argue all you like, just doesnt state the fact that one offers a Product and the other offers a Service.
    edited May 2012
    rk800 wrote:

No, even though you do not, there are people who want it. It wouldn't be fair to the people who already pre-ordered it, nor to the Gurus who put all the time and effort into making it.
    Don't worry honey, It's probably not going to happen. :lol: If it were up to me that's what I would do but I seriously doubt EA would do such a thing. You almost certainly will get your precious stuff pack.
    2cr3bs9.png
    edited May 2012
    Its called Making Money, thats what Businesses do!
  • Eliya14Eliya14 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Perhaps KPST was just an April Fool's joke.
  • NeighboursGalNeighboursGal Posts: 163 Member
    edited May 2012
    I am happy that they released this after the (in my opinion) terrible Katy Perry 'Stuff' Pack.

This pack reminds me of the H&M one for TS2
    edited May 2012
    Why is every one so Anti-Katy Perry here? What did she ever do you to you? Im so getting annoyed about the hateful remarks towards Katy Perry.
    edited May 2012
    Eliya14 wrote:
    Perhaps KPST was just an April Fool's joke.

Not possible. If that were so there wouldn't have been a chat and the second chat is out in 2 weeks.
  • igottapi5igottapi5 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2012
    Why is every one so Anti-Katy Perry here? What did she ever do you to you? Im so getting annoyed about the hateful remarks towards Katy Perry.
    I agree with this. People are hating the SP just cause it has KP in it.

I really think if it had been just the stuff without KP being involved, it wouldnt have gottten as much hate as its getting.

I couldnt care less who is in it as long as its good stuff in it. My only problem is the price.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2012

Where did you find the info that it was a promotional pack? I was telling someone I read this and now I can't remember where I found it to show it to them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright