Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a few ideas!

Comments

• NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited April 2012
    Haha good idea! That would be hilarious :D
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited April 2012
    Just added some more ideas for create-a-sim.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • LinaraYodLinaraYod Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2012
    You mentioned sinks in islands...I'd really like to see island counters (not just the breakfast bar ones we have, but actual islands)

How about the double high ovens? Or the countertop stoves with no oven? Juicers, reclining chairs, tricycles...

I'd like to be able to pick flowers...

Split level building options are a good idea...basement windows?

Cellar doors? Like those outdoor low to the ground door thingys (hope you know what I mean)

different styles of compost bins (the ratty chicken wire ones for cheap, heck, just a fly ridden open pile one for free!)

Bee skeps and beekeeping (I miss those...)
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for your ideas. I'll add them to the list :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Skittles2008Skittles2008 Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    Since there is a butler in the game, there should be a nanny too.
    edited April 2012
    Great idea
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited April 2012
    Just had a brilliant idea for a Sun, Sand and Surf stuff pack.... Details on the first page ;)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • aimii23aimii23 Posts: 55
    edited April 2012
    they are all lovely ideas, i like the idea of having curved walls and windows : )
  • donnapage666donnapage666 Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2012
    You have some cool ideas there, and I like that you've added a few of the sims/sims 2 favourites like the wishing well.

Personally I'd like to see more objects / interractions for toddlers and children.

I'm loving the exam idea. I was thinking that dependant on the results, they can start a job at entry level or level 4 or something.

I was also thinking it would be nice to see activities for elders, like a game of bingo at one of the rabbitholes, or taken out for a day trip somewhere, the coach would disappear out of the neighbourhood for a few hours, coming back with a photo memory of the trip.

A sports stuff pack would be cool too, with basketball, tennis, a baseball diamond for the park. I'm liking the idea of an mp3 player or walkman whilst the sims out jogging. Oh and an exercise bike or for the poorer sim a couple of dumb-bells.

I also think that kids should be able to practise their magic skills, wearing a cute wizard hat/cloak and learn cards tricks and such. I thought that something like that would'ave been in the showtime pack, so I was disappointed with the lack of kids being able to do anything.
  • truulyblessedtruulyblessed Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    YES!!!! I love the ideas I think they would really make the game more realistic...... Please add them soon!!!!!!!
  • FoxiePly9FoxiePly9 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Really good ideas!
    What I miss is on the sims 2 the sims could actually get into there car and drive off....maybe something to look at? And gates that actually fit the driveway.

Also what about bathing a toddler and seeing the nappy change come off like in sims 2?
  • sunnishine_28sunnishine_28 Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2012
    More maternity outfits or even better, meshes so exiting clothing can be used for maternity. The clothes fit the smallest to largest sims, so why can't they fit the pregnant sims?

Also be able to "plan outfit" and "change appearance" for pregnant sims. The genes of any offspring should refer back to mom/dad's original genes (i.e. mom starts out as a blonde with grey eyes, changes to brunette with blue eyes but junior will get the blonde/grey-eyed genes) instead of what mom changes her hair/eye color to after she's already expecting.

Ability to choose hair styles and clothing for townies. I've seen some spawned townfolk who need look like they got dressed in the dark.

Making and storing food. Adults/teens fix several meals at a time and then freeze them, allowing them to save time after work or allowing children to have a meal without having to use the stove to make it.
    "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hope, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  • pink_16924pink_16924 Posts: 98
    edited April 2012
    I hope you are still taking ideas....

Jobs
    -Teens and Adults could be tutors and earn money.
    -Adults could sell real estate and get a commission.

I also think we should have more ideas for toddlers and childs.
    -They should have tricycles for toddlers. Parents should have to teach kids how to ride the tricycle and/or bike. When the child falls of the bike they could get a scraped knee moodlet.
    -We could start seeing toddlers skills they have learned.
    -They could offer more skills to be taught to toddlers.
    -Kids could help parent cook dinner.
    -Kids and Teens could earn an allowance or work to earn money.
    -Parents can go to parent teacher conferences.
    -Kids could get little cars and could drive them around the block.

They should add more buy mode activities...
    -Ballet Bar... You could actually see them progress with it.
    -Kids,Teens and Adults could ride skateboards.
    -More craft-making activities.
    -Sims could make their own furnitured.
    -Add the Ice-Skating Rink and The Rollerblading Rink.
    -Massage Table...
    -Some kind of candy making station. It could add more skill to cooking.

Can't really think of anymore for now... :D
  • ElllieOElllieO Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    A little bar that tells you if you will get the "Decorated" "Nicely Decorated" or "Beautifully Decorated" moodlets during biul/buy mode.
  • ElllieOElllieO Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    How do you want us to give you our ideas? I have a few but I can contact you on facebook or just tell you them on here, whatever you want! :thumbup:
    edited May 2012
    ElllieO wrote:
    How do you want us to give you our ideas? I have a few but I can contact you on facebook or just tell you them on here, whatever you want! :thumbup:

Either is fine... but probably here is better :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • didiruvalcabadidiruvalcaba Posts: 294
    edited May 2012
    • The ability to change hair style for each style of clothing worn

this you can do...

but love your ideas! :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited May 2012
    • The ability to change hair style for each style of clothing worn

this you can do...

but love your ideas! :)

you can already do that. just make sure you don't have the "lock" button in the hair part of the CAS.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2012
    Oh ya, that's right. I forgot to take that one out :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited May 2012
    My ISP is not being cooperative on loading pages so I don't know if these have been suggested or not. My apologies if they have:

Curved garage doors (or ones with a curved detail on top to give the illusion that they are curved-- maybe the frame could be curved. More of a variety of trims for the garage doors-- including something that goes along with the alternating quoin pattern.
    tumblr_lnsu89lb1q1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lnstxjmsxO1qku51so1_500.jpg

I know someone on TSR made a neat set of windows with the alternating brick pattern around them, but it would be nice to have more of a variety of options for the windows and doors with that pattern. More 3 tile doors would be appreciated for commercial places and apartment buildings.
    tumblr_lw5kry25sS1qku51so1_500.jpg

It would be nice to have more doors that look like individual apartment doors with peepholes and locks on the inside.

Cellar doors (they can be angled to cover the entrance to stairs). When not in use they are closed and they open outward/upward when Sims need to use the stairs underneath them. It would also be cool to have some that are flat on the ground akin to a sewer entrance grate. It bugs me that if you have stairs outside you have to build a whole room around them rather than have a stairway right next to a house with a cellar door over it. It would also be nice to have stairs that don't require so many empty tiles above them so that walls can cross over to have a partially protruding staircase under a house leading to a cellar.
    waylandfinal_web.jpg
    250668272_c9269dfacf.jpg
    Cellar%20Door.jpg

Rounded counters and counters that wrap around the outside corner of a wall and not just an inside corner.
    tumblr_logbrqdxY21qku51so1_500.jpg

Also diagonal counters that go at a 45 degree angle rather than create an L. Upper cabinets that match would be nice.
    angled-cornor.jpg
    tumblr_logb6eqz4o1qku51so1_500.jpg

Internal windows with no glass like the kind that you might see over the sink in a kitchen.
    HoleInTheWall-OpenSpace.jpg

I wish I could show pictures of everything I want. LOL. Let's see, Pocket doors that slide into the wall instead of swinging out or in. They could work similarly to sliding glass doors and only require that there be one wall space to the left or right-- but that wall space would be usable for placement of objects (except windows).

Ductless range hoods that fit under a cabinet or are covered with a decorative range hood cover. I love the idea of extra storage space so a cabinet would be nice-- it would be a bonus if it doubled as a light and/or fire alarm.

Cabinets that fit above and around refrigerators and windows. In my house I have a cabinet above the kitchen window with a light on the underside and a piece of decorative trim to hide the light when its off.

Windows that are mirrors on one side and see-through on the other.

TVs that are mirrors when turned off.

Microwave ovens that can function as range hoods over a stove (suspended from a cabinet).

Stackable washer/dryer. Separate machines as well as the old one-piece things that are small.
    Stackable-Washer-Dryer-3.jpg
    1367387_f260.jpg
    (and some that have the washer open on the top as well).

Front-loading washers and dryers. I can't remember if it is the washer or dryer that is top-load only in game, but I would love to have both front-load AND have pedestal ones.

Bookcase doors that are sort of secret doors and a grandfather clock door (like Batman had).

Smaller elevators.

Corner bathtubs as well as two-person baths for master bathrooms.

Floor drains that allow puddles to drain out.

Decorative wall switches that turn lights on and off.

Pod lights (whatever they call the things that are actually up in the ceiling so they don't hang down). They can be the small round ones or the long rectangular ones like they use in schools.

Sinks that can be placed in the center of two adjoining counters would be great. Also sinks that can be placed diagonally on a corner/diagonal counter would be nice.

I know it is too late for Sims 3, but for Sims 4 it would be great if we could choose different doorframes and trims to go with different doors-- and choose whichever knobs we wanted to go on them as well.

Likewise with cabinets it would be nice to choose the hinges and pulls/handles as well as the shapes of the countertops (some have curved edges, beveled edges, etc) and whether or not the back of the counter goes up or just stops flat.

Closet doors with mirrors would be cool.

A fandelier would also be neat (a chandelier hanging from a ceiling fan).

I would love to have storage beds with drawers underneath to double as dressers and headboards made of bookshelves or having shelves where books can be stored.

Upright pianos would be cool-- it would also be nice if we could choose the style of bench that went with the piano instead of having a particular one locked to the piano.

Doors/archways with hanging beads, curtains, and in some cases flaps of leather or animal skins for more rustic settings would be neat. Maybe they could have a door of hanging feathers or even leaves.

It would be cool to have something similar to a half wall that has a component hanging down from the ceiling so it looks like a wall with a cutout.

Wall-mounted handrails for staircases that are up against walls - so we don't have to have the rails be inside the walls if we want to have them in tight spaces would be great.

I forgot to add that more gates would be appreciated. I would particularly like some 3 tile wide ones that allow cars through but aren't as massive as the one that we currently have. Double gates that either swing out or slide would be nice. A security grate type garage door would be neat.
    tumblr_lnsrn2qeVD1qku51so1_500.jpg

Two-story tall gates and fences would be nice for mansions and industrial buildings.

Just remembered screen doors and security doors in front of exterior doors. That would be a nice feature.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Edit: Can't sleep so I decided to throw in the idea of a toilet with a sink on the tank.
    home_pics_4.jpg

Oh yeah, and bidets. Bidets would be nice. Or toilets with bidets or that can be tinkered to have bidets so they add hygiene after the Sim is done expelling waste.

Medicine cabinet mirrors would be cool. I don't know if we have any of those already.

For Create-A-Sim it would be nice if makeup could be linked to specific outfits. IIRC, only hair can be linked to specific outfits but not makeup.

Oh yeah, free-standing or solo shower heads/faucets with handles that can either stand from the floor or protrude from a wall so you can build your own shower would be really cool.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2012
    I forgot to mention that if these were ideas for Sims4 that it would be great to be able to choose different faucets and spouts for sinks, tubs, and showers. It would be so cool to be able to really customize things that way.

For this game I think it would not be inconceivable to have a series of sink basins on which you can then put different faucets and handles. It could work sort of like putting curtains over a window or like putting sinks on a counter. Or like placing a chair with a table and having it snap to it as part of the complete object for moving purposes.
    edited May 2012
    Wowza, Suceress !! Those are some great ideas! It'll take me a while to catalogue them and put them in my first post :)

Thanks for your suggestions!!
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited May 2012
    Wowza, Suceress !! Those are some great ideas! It'll take me a while to catalogue them and put them in my first post :)

Thanks for your suggestions!!

Thanks! Sorry it was so disorganized. I actually have several other threads spread around suggesting many of the things that I mentioned here. Some of them have even more pictures.

Here's another picture to mull over. I like the window opening with a little bar like area that seats could possibly be put near. My sister's house has an opening like this above her sink so she can look at the TV while washing dishes.
    [img]http://utilarealestatecompany.com/images/Real-Estate/448-Las-Brisas-de-la-Caribe/Photos/4-Kitchen.jpg "width=500"[/img]

I forgot to show pictures of range hoods and range hood covers. I know there is some sort of hood with a vent pipe in game (I think) but I like the recirculating ones or hidden ones that are under cabinets.
    Here are examples of custom range hood covers people made for their kitchens:
    013.JPG012.JPG
    0628_hood02_rect540.jpg

Here's another custom one someone made to cover their range hood but they kept their cabinets straight up and down rather than putting them at an angle:
    6a00d834521b3369e20120a5ca9eb9970b-450wi

And here is a simple range hood under cabinet. Nice backsplash to it.
    P11692327.jpg

Here are some examples of refrigerator cabinets. This first one shows wood covering on the actual refrigerator (which is used in some very expensive kitchens to make everything match).
    [img]http://5155saxtonhollow.com/wp-content/gallery/kitchen/cabinet-front-refrigerator.jpg "width=500"[/img]
    [img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/alku05/DSC01094.jpg "width=500"[/img]
    cabinetinstallation.jpg

Interior soffits that come down to meet the tops of upper cabinets would be cool too.
    Interior-soffit-visual2.jpg
    [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Bs1pAmhvm_U/Toz9gNcHvMI/AAAAAAAAEjA/YiRbP_fEVQM/s1600/Sorry+Soffits.jpg "width=500"[/img]
    A+kitchen+with+soffits-001+edit.jpg
    I spend a LOT of time looking at pictures. LOL.
    edited May 2012
    Awesome! Great ideas. I'm going to go through them today and catalogue them into my first post :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • regitze12regitze12 Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2012
    It would be nice with a few more traits as well. such as dyslexia, poor at sports, deaf: so you have to use sign language to talk to the Sim, and be supple. And maybe new animations, like splits, doing different tricks on a trampoline and on the ground, be injured: not like break a leg, but might slip or fall, and buckle legs. For new stuff, it would be nice with a stroller which could sit two in a bike trailer, hammocks and more.

Sorry if my english is bad...