Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic suggestions and ideas

Comments

• ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I apologize in advance for I did not read the whole thread.

I think the sims game should have at least one dislike trait (I mean that the sim dislikes whoever has a certain trait). I miss the memories as well (I saw that for sure). It would be nice taht you could see your sim work. It would certainly make it easier to choose who you want your sim to be friends with and it would definately help smoochers **** up to their boss during work instead of afterwards and just doing those um...job opportunities for sometimes my sims are in a horrible mood.

I absolutely love the moodlets but I miss not knowing what interests your sims more like in the freetime extension. I also wish they hard more than just the guitar. Maybe instead of just a piano they could have a keyboard. I lovved the drums and dj booth. They need more variety of plants and trees just to let us get more creative. They should sell bags of seeds instead of getting it from the grocery (like the apple thing) and I think they should have options for sundays and saturdays like father and son, father and daughter, wife and husband bonding.

I think the babies (newborn) should not be wrapped like that all the time and that we should be aloud to dress them and carry them. I also wish that we would be able to see some changes in their growth before they have their birthday and becomes toddlers like what the color of their hair might be. I mean I get tired of bald babies XD.

I also think they would make it easier to uncensor. Just for kicks.

Another thing is to be able to take care of your sims while their at school or work. I think children should be able to learn how to play music (like some mini piano or something). I also think it would be fun to have different types of dance. Not just he sucks, she's pretty good, whoa move those hips, and dang I rock at this kind of dancing. Like contemporary(of all things to pop into my head first) and ballet, hip hop ect. It would be also fun to have colleges back but that might end up as an extension. Sucks how they do those but they need to make money somehow i guess...

I also miss putting soap in the fountain and streaking...definately streaking.

What? It's funny to see people screaming at naked people running around. :D
  • RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think they should have options for sundays and saturdays like father and son, father and daughter, wife and husband bonding.

That definitely could be interesting. Currently the only real activity parents can participate in with their kids is throwing a ball to each other :P

The option for sims to dislike certain traits would also be cool, it could be blended in with the turn on and offs, if they were to be implemented again.

Lol, I wouldn't mind seeing streaking making a comeback
    Hmm.. if I wanted the game to be more realistic, I could just simply turn off my computer and go out into the real world.

Crazy idea, I know.

Realism is more options. And unfortunately in life, if something disastrous happens, you can't quit and start again :(

Nice ideas! Keep 'em coming :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SkyknightXiSkyknightXi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Aircorn...This is supposed to be T-rated. M-rating isn't going to work so well for anything official. The carnal needs to stay oblique.

Although, if the hot tub is being trumpeted for the reason of, shall we say, lovers' play...Any thought of whether a mutual shower couldn't be made oblique enough? If you set that off, all Maxis would have to do is arrange for the shower walls to go near-opaque with steam, I think. (And don't bother trying to look in from above; all you'll see is the billowing steam tower, to the point you can't see any walls or ceilings or...)

The Gold Digger dream makes me wonder if we should make it possible for Sims to put out contracts on other Sims. Or do the deed themselves...Of course, we need a way for kharma to start looking for the evildoer's head. Grim Reapers and banshees showing up near the evildoer with unnerving frequency, steadily increasing rate of accidents, ghosts who are vengeful enough to attack to kill...

And when such a vile Sim finally does die the death, they may show up as a ghost. In chains, that is...^^

As for other supernatural things...how about faeries? Of course, we need all the temperaments. Kind and helpful brownies, friendly yet mischievous pixies, dour spriggans, vicious goblins...

And finally...Captain Hero, somehow? Pleeeease? :XD:
  • bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am hoping for another Vacation EP...I know I know......but this time better... This time when you take a tour you can actually watch, instead of waiting for the pop up box saying something about bigfoot rampaging around. Also, you could visit more places, like Paris, or Rome. You could go snowboarding, surfing, skiing, go to amusment parks. Maybe even a cruise. Basically a more advanced version of TS2 Bon Voyage!
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ScifiSOS wrote:
    I think the babies (newborn) should not be wrapped like that all the time and that we should be aloud to dress them and carry them. I also wish that we would be able to see some changes in their growth before they have their birthday and becomes toddlers like what the color of their hair might be. I mean I get tired of bald babies XD.:D

/agree

Further to that (and I actually just put in a blog post about it - read it for more detail) I'd like to see mothers get the option to breast-feed as opposed to constant bottle-feeding. You want realism? Let's allow babies to get the best start in life, the natural way!
  • venenosocialvenenosocial Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the MAIN thing I want to see is a lot more social options...

That would include more interactions. The amount of interactions is great and I love that you can get more with the charisma skill, but I'd love to see a greater range of everything, from more kisses and hugs to trash talking to reminiscing. This could and should also include a LOT more social interactions from traits. (i.e. a daredevil Sim could discuss extreme sports, which would be a conversation appealing to other daredevils and athletic Sims, as well) Just more intricacy and the feeling like certain Sims hit it off quickly with some other Sims, but just can't make a friendship work with others.

ALSO, and I know this is a bit far-fetched, but... I'd like more complexity to the whole "social bar" thing. I mean, apparently they were going to revolutionize socialization for TS3, but ultimately, your relationship with another Sim is on one two-dimensional bar, where the finish line is either marriage or bffs. I'd like to see a spectrum of other possibilities... with the ability to pursue love, friendship, and obsession (which would be awesome to have for "lower" Sims meeting and greeting and interacting with superstar athletes and rock stars), and the negative side including hatred, pity/disdain, and unworthiness. I'm not saying that this would be exactly right or the perfect idea, but having an entire array of possible relationships would make EVERYTHING so much more fun. Imagine a party... The host is a Star News Anchor. At this party you have an adoring fan worshiping her, her boyfriend giving her kisses, her best friend telling her secrets and gossiping, and a rich snob Sim looking down upon all the guests as if they're below him.

This just seems so much more complex and entertaining to me than the same-old "my Sim can meet anyone on the street and regardless of their traits or background or lifetime wish, they can fall in love in a day or two."
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, camping and more beach activities is a must.

Venenosocial, I agree with you 100%. The more social options the better! To be honest, socializing is pretty much the same as TS2, except it's a tiny bit more difficult as sims can now become bored with repeated interactions. But it'still annoyingly similar. If they included my suggestion about trait exclusive facial expressions, it could improve the look of socializing a bit. (Explained on the first page.)

Keep voicing your opinions!
  • Agent_66Agent_66 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the MAIN thing I want to see is a lot more social options...

Agreed. For some reason, I actually miss the socials in Sims 2 maybe because they seemed a bit more real to me.
    That would include more interactions. The amount of interactions is great and I love that you can get more with the charisma skill, but I'd love to see a greater range of everything, from more kisses and hugs to trash talking to reminiscing. This could and should also include a LOT more social interactions from traits. (i.e. a daredevil Sim could discuss extreme sports, which would be a conversation appealing to other daredevils and athletic Sims, as well) Just more intricacy and the feeling like certain Sims hit it off quickly with some other Sims, but just can't make a friendship work with others.

I agree, especially family relationships. In contrast, I enjoyed the family relationships much better in Sims 2. It's probably based on the fact that I'm strangely missing memories, which in SIms 2 I thought got kinda annoying, especially when still remembering burnt toast when they were a teenager.

I've got a legacy going with a fairly big family and it's just frustrating and depressing that, despite being in the same town, relatively close proximity (four out of five siblings live next door to each other), but sim family has no idea what's going on.

I'm using Indie Stone and while I love being updated on stuff, it be nice if a sibling had bothered to invite his brothers to his wedding or actually tell the family, hey I had a baby. I miss that! And while I'm playing one family technically, I have five siblings, with 8 kids collectively and I think three of those are entering adulthood. I like to be to 'see' what they've been up.

Also, not sure if anyone's mentioned this or hell, if I've mentioned this, but I'd like career choices to be a bit better, not in choice (though more choices is always nice), but as long as story progression moves on, I'd like to feel somewhat confident that when I turn my game off, my sims are smart enough not to jeopardize their careers, families, etc or get themselves killed.

By this I mean, if I have a family of talented sims (which I do), their career choices need to be based on either traits or personal happiness. And if they quit a job or retire, they don't get to make a decision to go back to work. As example, in this large family of mine, I've had to go in and make sims quit their jobs after they take up jobs. For instance, usually family or pursuit of writing or painting, I will have a sim quit his job. If I leave them for an hour or a day and I come back, I find they have another job. Which is annoying because I made them quit/retire for a reason!

Worse, they just take up whatever job they can. I had one sim WANT to quit her science job (it was in her wants) and then she wanted to write a novel, so I said sure. You can become a novelist, which worked out well as she have five kids eventually. When she hit elder, she immediately went off and got a job as a doctor, despite the fact that 1. I did not tell her to do this and 2. she didn't have the skills for it.

I think ultimately, I - and many others - would like our control system back. As much as I like the idea story progression, I don't like the knowledge that my sims are doing who knows what when I'm not there. Maybe it's because the system is highly flawed, I don't know. I'm just always a bit worried when I start playing (when I actually do play now) that something catastropic has happened that I can't change.
  • amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Childhood should NOT be useless.

strollers, twin strollers, bjorns (baby slings), stuff like that. Basically my babies and toddlers spent their entire baby-hood and toddler-hood inside the house because you can only take one baby with you at a time.

toddlers DO WAY MORE STUFF in real life on thier own, and as it is... i just age them up as soon as they learn to walk/talk/potty. Childhood is so useless, so I keep it short.

Also, we have a jungle gym, but we should have tree houses as well.

big toy plastic houses to play "house" in.

clapping games instead of just play tag.

daredevil kids should be able to dare other kids to do things.

evil toddlers and kids should have the option of taking away another sim's toy.

Also, puppy love. In the advertisements, it looks like Bella Bachelor has puppy love crush on Mortimer Goth, but alas there is no such thing.

related to that: Being able to "express attraction" where the animation is: push the other child sim
  • cath1995xcath1995x Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Strollers/ Prams so you can push your babies around.
    And interactions like coo over baby when thery are in the pram/stoller.
    :):):)
  • just_laughsjust_laughs Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I repeat this for emphasis: hairstyles were a huge disappointment. Curly hairstyles (for men and women) would be highly appreciated. Also, maybe consider adding flapper-style hairdos? Wavy bobs and that sort?

I'm also a little diappointed that I can't make crazy split level homes anymore. There used to be an interior foundation block to create raised platforms inside the house. I miss those, my houses don't have quite the same quirkiness they used to have.

Also, please bring back the piano and add new intstruments! I don't have anything against the guitar, but it gets really boring. Consider adding the violin, the saxophone, the drums, and the clarinet or flute.

And maybe it might be fun to have an historical expansion pack. It would involve downloading a new neighborhood, but the neighborhood would be from the Roaring Twenties or the 40's era or even during Colonial or Medieval times. This could open up new strategies for social interactions (for some things we consider appropriate nowadays were once considered immoral), dance styles, music, clothing, job opprotunities, etc. It's one thing to introduce just a clothing pack (like the new Jet Set pack) and to dress your sim up like they're from another era, but another thing entirely to immerse your sim in a different period of time.
  • just_laughsjust_laughs Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The amount of interactions is great and I love that you can get more with the charisma skill, but I'd love to see a greater range of everything, from more kisses and hugs to trash talking to reminiscing. This could and should also include a LOT more social interactions from traits. (i.e. a daredevil Sim could discuss extreme sports, which would be a conversation appealing to other daredevils and athletic Sims, as well) Just more intricacy and the feeling like certain Sims hit it off quickly with some other Sims, but just can't make a friendship work with others.

ALSO, and I know this is a bit far-fetched, but... I'd like more complexity to the whole "social bar" thing. I mean, apparently they were going to revolutionize socialization for TS3, but ultimately, your relationship with another Sim is on one two-dimensional bar, where the finish line is either marriage or bffs. I'd like to see a spectrum of other possibilities... with the ability to pursue love, friendship, and obsession (which would be awesome to have for "lower" Sims meeting and greeting and interacting with superstar athletes and rock stars), and the negative side including hatred, pity/disdain, and unworthiness. I'm not saying that this would be exactly right or the perfect idea, but having an entire array of possible relationships would make EVERYTHING so much more fun. Imagine a party... The host is a Star News Anchor. At this party you have an adoring fan worshiping her, her boyfriend giving her kisses, her best friend telling her secrets and gossiping, and a rich snob Sim looking down upon all the guests as if they're below him.

This just seems so much more complex and entertaining to me than the same-old "my Sim can meet anyone on the street and regardless of their traits or background or lifetime wish, they can fall in love in a day or two."

Agreed. Also, I liked the feature from TS2 that let you know if there was chemistry between two sims. That added at least a little bit of a challenge when it came to pursuing a love interest.

I'd also like the sims in the neighborhood to be more inclined to interact with the sim I'm playing. For instance, I'd like to not always be in control of how relationships go - that adds reality to it (I understand your sim's friends will call your sim up occasionally, but you have to make sure they're friends first - why can't another sim have a crush on your sim and call them up or leave them a mysterious note without them really knowing each other?). I don't like that my sims always has to make the first move. It would be more exciting if the sim your sim is dating kisses you first or proposes to your sim unexpectedly or even cheats on your sim. Just saying.
  • nikyikynikyiky Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2009
    this is a totally feminine thing I'm sure, but.. i wish we could unlock makeup from certain outfits the way you can with hair. bright red lipstick and eyeliner is not as practical with athletic wear as it may be with evening.
    edited August 2009
    Great ideas!
    I don't like that my sims always has to make the first move.

Agreed. I'd love to see sims using their initiative!

JustLaughs - you still can make split-level homes. Admittedly, you need a cheat to do so (ConstrainFloorElevation False) in order to connect a wall to a foundation, but it's possible.

I also like the idea of more activities or interactions for toddlers and babies. Currently, I find them extremely boring and repetitive stages.
    edited August 2009
    Nikyiky - good idea. I never thought of it, but now that you mention it - it indeed makes sense.

Keep up the ideas!
  • Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i wish all the kids didnt have the same freakin face,blah
  • dragon1988dragon1988 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    well that alot of stuff needed to be added
    to be honest most of the stuff i just seen looks like it have to come in a expansion pack
    edited August 2009
    dragon1988 wrote:
    well that alot of stuff needed to be added
    to be honest most of the stuff i just seen looks like it have to come in a expansion pack

I'm not saying they all need to be incorporated. They're simple suggestions to let EA know what we want, and they can pick and choose as they see fit.

Regarding the expansion pack - ofcourse. EA isn't about to put anything in a patch other than fixes. There are two lists, Major and Minor. The 'majors' would either have to be the dominant theme of the expansion pack, or things that would add more options for the players. The Minors are simple items or specific and small features.

Any more ideas? :)
  • cohoswimmer22cohoswimmer22 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    Yay, another "I'm annoyed $250's worth of Sims 2 stuff couldn't be achieved in $50's worth of Sims 3 stuff, despite the Sims 3 being much better" thread.

i TOTALLY Agree i bought all of the sims 2 expansion packs and then i got the sims 3 collectors editon then i am broke how is this i think that there shouldnt be expansion packs just up dates
  • simsjew613simsjew613 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanx for putting an entire list together. A lot of the stuff were mentioned in other forums, but it makes it a lot easier for us to see everything together. I think all the ideas are great. I think it would also be really cute to have pacifiers.
  • MarcieKy47MarcieKy47 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow, great thread, where to begin...

1. A whole lot more could be made to customize sims, with sliders for height, and diffrent body parts like waists, busts, and legs and arms.

2. More clutter items to make houses seem more lived in.

3. Events around town like praedes, firework shows, and sports games.

4. More recration activites like games, sports, and entertanmint!

I know that all of this has probubly been posted before, but this is just what I want!
  • ShpyPlayerShpyPlayer Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    We need more hairstyles! :0 :D:)
    edited August 2009
    Thanks :) Yeah, more sliders would be simply fantastic. Pacifiers could be interesting.

Nice ideas - keep 'em coming - the list needs updating! :)
  • BozoBozo Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry if this has already been said, but I'd like to assign items to people. Sometimes I buy items for just one Sim and my Sims are always taking other peoples laptops, or using their easels. Maybe you could still make them use it, but they wouldn't use it on their own even with free will?
  • Sims3Fan214365Sims3Fan214365 Posts: 716 Member
    edited August 2009
    I want to be able to excavate, or (Ironically) have a career in the Sims 3 for "creating Video Games". But thats just me.