Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now don't get me wrong I'm all for liberalism...

... but since when did the game decide my child sim now have a lesbian relationship with her best friend lol? I thought children in the game can't have partners until teens or am I missing something lol. They sure start young these days considering she only grew up from a toddler yesterday lol. ;-)

Comments

• rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited May 2012
    ... but since when did the game decide my child sim now have a lesbian relationship with her best friend lol? I thought children in the game can't have partners until teens or am I missing something lol. They sure start young these days considering she only grew up from a toddler yesterday lol. ;-)

The game will not autonomously have gay relationships UNTIL you manually make one of your sims have romantic interactions with the same sex. Hope this clears that up!
    2cr3bs9.png
  • smilesandlovesmilesandlove Posts: 548 New Member
    edited May 2012
    rk800 wrote:

The game will not autonomously have gay relationships UNTIL you manually make one of your sims have romantic interactions with the same sex. Hope this clears that up!

That's true, but I have no idea why a child sim would have a romantic relationship. It's probably just a glitch. Bump for someone who can help!
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited May 2012
    Did you by any chance use the Photo Booth? That object is known to mess up relationships and yes, even assign children romantic and often innapropriate (like with a relative) relationships.
  • sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2012
    How weird I literally just used the photobooth with her and her friend? Yes she is still only a child so I genuinely thought they could not have partners until teens. Wow didn't know that i'll keep her away from it in future lol. Thanks for all your replies :)
  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited May 2012
    Well that answered my question Yahz
    Two brothers in my game (teens) both used the photo booth
    and then got interested in each other.
    Now I know why.
    edited May 2012
    Btw one of the npc's in my game had a relationship with a male vampire and I didn't make them gay a long time ago when I first got late night. But hey doesn't bother me it's perfectly natural :) variety is the spice of life after all. :)
    edited May 2012
    wow it's a ***** photobooth lmao :)
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited May 2012
    Yeah ... whatever you do, don't put family members in the photobooth together. Ickh. I hope they'll fix it but seeing as they still haven't fixed the prom glitch from Generations that has family members inviting each other to the prom and putting them into relationships ...
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2012
    That's what I like about Twallan's Master Controller. I set the chances for a Sim to be gay a little higher so it's more like real life. One of the daughter's in my legacy was asked to prom by her female best friend when there had been no prior romantic interaction. I prefer it when I don't have complete control over my Sim's relationships. :)
  • Dark_Tig3rDark_Tig3r Posts: 549 Member
    edited May 2012
    note : Stay away from photobooths. that just odd and hopefully gets fixed.
    I'm only living the life to which I've grown accustomed.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2012
    Because of that glitch only singles go to have pictures taken, that and romantic couples to begin with. :roll:

I hope they can fix this. It would be nice to have a family take a picture.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited May 2012
    As said over and over again above me: PHOTOBOOTH :mrgreen:
  • katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Btw one of the npc's in my game had a relationship with a male vampire and I didn't make them gay a long time ago when I first got late night. But hey doesn't bother me it's perfectly natural :) variety is the spice of life after all. :)

Just to clarify, once you initiate homosexual relationships in your town, the game takes that as a cue that you're okay with having gay relationships and will initiate others by itself. They become autonomous and you don't have to initiate them every time, at least once you've hit the gate (ie you have to manually start a certain number of gay relationships before it becomes autonomous). At one point I'd made a mod to change the gate so I know it's in the code, but I can't recall off the top of my head what the default gate is.
  • DusklightFaerieDusklightFaerie Posts: 847 New Member
    edited May 2012
    note : Stay away from photobooths. that just odd and hopefully gets fixed.
    o.o I can say I didn't know about this one. *makes mental note*
    edited May 2012
    I certainly don't mind homosexual relationships in my game at all, bring it on. It's just cos I thought kids couldn't be in relationships in the game lol. I'm all for different things :D
  • SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Ah, the photo booth... Luckily I didn't stumble across the glitches by mistake myself. :? I'm steering clear of that until EA releases and update. I even heard it can get sims in a relationship with family members. :shock: