Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Away From Home Campgrounds

TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
This was my first time making a community lot (had to find the convert button and now I know what it looks like :D ). Let me know what you guys think of it.

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=850026

Link to story: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=74001

Now I can look at the others guilt free :wink: .

Thank you and Comments and Constructive Critism is always welcomed.

PS. I have done changes to the main pictures before for other lots but for some reason cannot when it is a 60x60 lot. If someone has an answer or a direction to go read, please let me know.

Comments

• Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I just love how you combined the two types of cabins into two different large buildings. And it's all so symmetric from the overhead view - very impressive. I would have had to break out the graph paper to figure that out :) And the landscaping around the water is just beautiful. Looks like a stream actually, was that the intent?

About the cover shot - are you saving your shot as the highest compression and lowest quality? I know some people have had issues with the size of the upload possibly depending upon their intenet connection. I have a cable modem, so I've actually uploaded a 10 meg lot with no prob. Anyway, a game screen shot is around 780k, but a 70 - 80 k image will look just fine on the exchange (see any in my studio for ex.). Hope this helps! And grats on the great lot - rec's for the lot and story from me :)
  • TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    <---mathematician :D

Thank you! The water with the willows is suppose to be like a stream to a small pond from either side. I was going to go around the lot but it looked odd to me.

As far as the picture, I think I may need to clarify myself a bit. Let see, You know how you take the screenshot (covershot) and resize it to 512x512. Then you open postal, got to the library, open the file, then reorder so the the png files are on top. I usually replace the one that says "Something large" (I can't remember to save my life the exact wording but it is the large non-compressed one that you can replace). When I do a 60x60 (and it seems to only be those) I do not get a png non-compressed version. They are all compressed. So I cannot do the import and commit thing like I do with the others. So I didn't know if I was looking for a wrong file when it comes to a bigger lot.

Man, I hope that made better sense.
    edited August 2009
    So... you open your file in postal, sort by name, double click on "PNG icon house large" (0x0000000), and it doesn't give you the "import png" option at the bottom of the window?
  • itsallbouterika9itsallbouterika9 Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Love it! If only sims could go on vacation now...
    edited August 2009
    It doesn't show me ""PNG icon house large" (0x0000000)" That file as a non-compressed. It gives me the compressed version, meaning you double click to see the image and no image appears, unlike the compressed version where you can double click and you do see the image that has been saved to it. ...

Here is a visual...

Postal.jpg

Which apparently even I need a magnifying glass to read *headdesk* .. ok ..

The very top line is the line that you need to replace with the new cover shot. For some odd reason this 60x60 plot has decided to cooperate (I think it knew I was asking for help and decided to cooperate). Usually I do not get that line. Instead, I only get the lines that are like line number 2 (or the last few lines that are the large compressed) that are compressed and you can't do anything with them (at least that I know of). Is there another way to change it if you do not get that line?
    edited August 2009
    Mmmm...beyond my level of helpfulness, I'm afraid. I've always been able to modify any of my PNG Icon House files. Maybe try the thread for the software creator? (http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php?board=11.0)

Way cool that you're a mathematician! When my kids in class ask me this year "what are we ever going to use this for?" maybe I'll show them your awesome house plans :) ...relate video games, architecture, and math in one fell swoop! They won't know what hit them :shock:
    edited August 2009
    Thank you for trying. I'll check out that site and see what I can find.

You have got to love being able to use games that kids (and adults) play in order to teach them a concept or at least answer the "When am I ever going to use this?" questions. :wink: