Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Icon but no launcher! - MAC

Wondering if anyone can help me. Yesterday I bought my very first mac so I'm a newbie! So anyway I installed my sims fine and everything but when I download from the exchange, my launcher won't open but the icon is there. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Like I said I'm new to macs! Thank you!!!

Also - The icon is freezing and I can't quit it, so I cannot turn the computer off, other than using a force quit.

Comments

• lilyb17lilyb17 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I have a similar problem! i just installed sims 3 on my macbook pro and now when i click to open it, the icon just bounces on my dock then disappears. Anyone know how to fix this??
  • EmilyLouisexoEmilyLouisexo Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2012
    Anyone? :(
  • edited May 2012
    I've never had this problem, but I use to not be able to download from the exchange.
    Try forcequitting the launcher if it doesn't respond within 5 minutes, then restart your computer. If it still isn't working, go to you finder, then documents, electronic arts, the sims 3 and check for a file with the word launcher in it. If it isn't there, then you have a problem! Sometimes sims just acts up, You could try re-installing if all hope in humanity has disappeared. :!:
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited May 2012
    It's the cc i'm not against cc but from the exchage is like playing with a gun. Try this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page and this link too this is what i use when i have this problem http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html go down to the section where they talk about your DCCache folder. Or just follow this:
    *not mines
    First you can try this method by Mell

Make a backup of your DCCache folder (if anything doesn’t go as expected)
    Move all files *.dbc to your desktop
    Move dcdb0.dbc back to your DCCache folder
    Start the Launcher
    Go to Installed Content and uninstall everything you don’t want anymore
    Close the Launcher
    Remove the dcdb0.dbc file from the DCCache and store it in a safe place.
    Move the dcdb1.dbc in the DCCache and rename it to dcdb0.dbc.
    Start the launcher and proceed with step 5 and 6 again.
    Rename dcdb0.dbc back to dcdb1.dbc and store it also at that safe place
    Do this for every DBC file in the DCCache Folder. Make sure to rename the files to their original name.
    Once your done, move the cleaned files back to your DCCache folder and you’re done.
    You can then try deleting the missingdeps.idx if that does not work, you will need to remove all files *.dbc. Move the files to your desktop (don’t delete). This will remove everything except Store Items, Houses/Households and Sims. Check your game if the CC is now gone.
  • EmilyLouisexoEmilyLouisexo Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have it working now :) I re-installed it about 1000 times but the last time after installing a game, I started up the game, that seemed to have fixed the problem. :)