Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You must add this feature soon... and post Maternity Wear Screenshots Please!

Why did the game designers fail to allow us to "plan outfit" for maternity? I know some clothes don't have a pregnant mesh, but we should be allowed to use a dresser to choose from appropriate maternity clothes so we aren't stuck with something ridiculously hideous. Come on, that can't be too hard to do. At the very least why aren't we allowed to use the create a style tool to make the textures match.

Last night I had a poor pregnant sim get stuck in pink sweat pants and a camouflage tee shirt. And what shoes did she have on? High heels. Classy EA.

So here's what I need. Could you guys please post pictures of clothes your sims have gotten for maternity clothes, so we know which outfits we can use when a baby is coming?

Comments

• buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Poor girl. :(

You didn't send her to town did you because that would be embarrassing.
  • DemeterDollDemeterDoll Posts: 206 New Member
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:

She wouldn't even get out of her bed she was so ashamed.
  • EmmehEmmeh Posts: 85 New Member
    edited August 2009
    And what shoes did she have on? High heels. Classy EA.

XD
  • kittylala0kittylala0 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree, when a Sim gets pregnant an option should become available on the dresser to plan maternity clothes.
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:

Now i feel even more sorry for her.
  • Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2009
    Why did the game designers fail to allow us to "plan outfit" for maternity? I know some clothes don't have a pregnant mesh, but we should be allowed to use a dresser to choose from appropriate maternity clothes so we aren't stuck with something ridiculously hideous. Come on, that can't be too hard to do. At the very least why aren't we allowed to use the create a style tool to make the textures match.

Last night I had a poor pregnant sim get stuck in pink sweat pants and a camouflage tee shirt. And what shoes did she have on? High heels. Classy EA.

You can choose their outfit to something you like. Create a "formal" dress that you like and when she gets preggo, change her into it. I do it will all my preggo sims. The knee length dress with the thin straps (it looks like the long nightgown) works the best. ;)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:

ROFL

I know. Is there a hidden "bad taste" trait?

I've only had one sim give birth so far, and thankfully she wasn't that bad, just wearing normal sweats. But she must have been a carrier of the bad taste gene and passed it on to her daughter. When that kid aged up into a teen, she was wearing a blue shirt under a two-tone pink hoody, brown crop pants, and open toed high heels. I was going to make her change when I realized that you can't tell a teen what to wear; they'll just go to the mall and pick out something butt ugly to spite you. So I just shook my head and averted my eyes.
    edited August 2009
    Ok, yes I know that you can plan a woman's clothes and if you pick things that have a pregnant mesh they will keep those clothes when they change to maternity. I still think its ridiculous that you can't plan maternity clothes afterwards!

Anyways I hate that dress, it looks just like a nightgown (it IS a nightgown) and I hate the fact that they are stuck with whatever shoes or stockings you have planned for their regular outfit. Sometimes that looks just STUPID. I had a sim get that white nightgown while she was wearing dark knee high stockings and ballet flats. That looked so ugly.

So here's what I need. Could you guys please post pictures of clothes your sims have gotten for maternity clothes, so we know which outfits we can use when a baby is coming?

I know the teeshirt with long sleeves and one of the sporty jackets has a preg mesh, for pants the sweatpants and skinny jeans have a preg mesh, and for outfits, the only one I know of is the nightgown.

Have you guys seen any other tops, pants, or outfits (EA clothes only, please no CC) that have a pregnant mesh?
  • musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I dont worry about changing maternity clothes, sims aren't pregnant very long.
  • smoabbysmoabby Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ugh, i would love to post a picture of this absolutely HIDEOUS "maternity" leopard print nightgown that looked eerily similar to a ******'s minidress.
    but i didnt take one D:
    edited August 2009
    smoabby wrote:
    ugh, i would love to post a picture of this absolutely HIDEOUS "maternity" leopard print nightgown that looked eerily similar to a ******'s minidress.
    but i didnt take one D:

Don't worry about not having a pic, I'd really like people to post pictures of meshes anyway, and there are already some of that nightgown. :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited August 2009
    I was going to make her change when I realized that you can't tell a teen what to wear; they'll just go to the mall and pick out something butt ugly to spite you. So I just shook my head and averted my eyes.

Thank you for my morning chuckle!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited August 2009
    Please? Let's get some pictures up!
    edited August 2009
    Ok, yes I know that you can plan a woman's clothes and if you pick things that have a pregnant mesh they will keep those clothes when they change to maternity. I still think its ridiculous that you can't plan maternity clothes afterwards!

Anyways I hate that dress, it looks just like a nightgown (it IS a nightgown) and I hate the fact that they are stuck with whatever shoes or stockings you have planned for their regular outfit. Sometimes that looks just STUPID. I had a sim get that white nightgown while she was wearing dark knee high stockings and ballet flats. That looked so ugly.

I know the teeshirt with long sleeves and one of the sporty jackets has a preg mesh, for pants the sweatpants and skinny jeans have a preg mesh, and for outfits, the only one I know of is the nightgown.

Have you guys seen any other tops, pants, or outfits (EA clothes only, please no CC) that have a pregnant mesh?

You can plan the shoes and stockings (or no stockings) with the dress as well, the same as you can with any outfit. And yeah, I know it's ugly too, but it's better than the standard preggo outfits ;)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
    edited August 2009
    Please? Let's get some pictures up!

One of my sims just got preggo...so as soon as she starts showing I will post pix ;)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • the_harlequinadethe_harlequinade Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2009
    I really want the 'plan outfit' option for maternity wear too. My sim has ahd six children, and every time, she's been wearing sweatpants, a hoodie and heels. :|
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited August 2009

Screenshot-151.jpgScreenshot-141.jpg
    Screenshot-139.jpg
    Screenshot-135.jpg

Screenshot-75.jpg

Screenshot-78.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Okay, here's mine. See, no ugly default preggo outfit or shoes ;)

preggo1.jpg

preggo2.jpg

preggo4.jpg
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Erinnc3Erinnc3 Posts: 444 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If you guys know the person is going to get pregnant, you can change them into something they are aloud to wear like the T-shirt layered with the long sleeves and jeens then you can choose the color and pattern. Or you could do the same with the one dress.
    edited August 2009
    Erinnc3 wrote:
    If you guys know the person is going to get pregnant, you can change them into something they are aloud to wear like the T-shirt layered with the long sleeves and jeens then you can choose the color and pattern. Or you could do the same with the one dress.

Yep...that's what I do :D
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • KassieBrownKassieBrown Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Here are a few of mine,.... I usually remember to change them in time, but sometimes I get distracted and end up with some pretty bad outfits, lol.
    Screenshot-6-1.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-30-1.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg
  • happyone2009happyone2009 Posts: 3,350 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think I might have some pics.. let me go check :D
  • StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited August 2009

I'm sorry but this made me giggle like a maniac, since the same thought popped in my head the first time I saw my Sim in sweatpants and heels o.O

Anyway, yes ma'am, they do need to add the feature, specially for those who take pictures and stuff yet don't want to have a mod on their PC. D:
  • bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hate preggo outfits because you have no idea what to wear so you are left at a guess. I guess it will be sweats, so i put my sim in some converse so it looks normal. What does she end up with? A nightgown dress and converse. I put her in high heels, i get sweats. sigh