March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mr. Gnome and SAGS Need Your Help! *Fun Stuff!*

Mr. Gnome needs your help!
ridz6h.jpg
Mr. Gnome: Psst- Hello there! My name is Mr. Gnome, secret agent for the SAGS (Secret Agent Gnome Society). You're the newest agent, correct? Good. Nice to meet you. Unfortunately, there is no time for chit chatting, as we have a mission to be doing. You see, an evil gnome has been hiding all of our agents in messes of clutter all around the town of Hidden Springs. We are the only ones left that can save them! Using our special tracking devices, we can locate the area of each gnome. But, we can't seem to find them in all of the mess they have been hidden in! Can you help me find them?
We are also going to be tracking down who the evil gnome is. In each area, we found hints that give you one letter of his name. Can you help me solve them and find out who the evil gnome is?
Below, we have a snapshot of each area with gnomes in them as well as the hints we found there. Your job is to circle the missing gnome (they look exactly like me) in each photo.
We also have collected the clues to show you. Solve each one, and you will have some letters. We're not sure how to unscramble them, but maybe if you find each gnome they may be able to tell you something.

As for now, good luck my fellow agent! If you successfully solve this entire riddle, I will give you a token to show my appreciation ;) Not much, but it's all I can afford.

The Snapshots/Clues
Area 1
Clue: "What letter is found in each of the following words; alphabet, eater, bonnet, letter, talkative, part."
de1egx.jpg
Area 2
Clue: "If you count A as 1, B as 2, and so on, what letter does [(-5²)÷(cubed root of 125)]+(-5)+(square root of 121) represent?"
n3rv5s.jpg
Area 3
"There is a famous riddle/joke where a number is being eaten. If you count A as 1, B as 2, and so on, what letter does the number being eaten represent?"
2628n6c.jpg
Area 4
"Find the letter in the following:
123456789123456789123456789123456789123456F78912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912345678912"
111qmab.jpg
Area 5
"If the number 1 represents Z, the number 2 represents B, the number 3 represents X and so on, what letter represents the number 9?"
2ibnsdy.jpg
Area 6
"Shakesgnome is twenty years younger than Amy, and in five years' time he will be half her age. If you count A as 1, B as 2, and so on, what letter does Shakesgnome's current age represent?"
2zzj6tu.jpg
Further info:
Basically, you are trying to solve each riddle and find the gnome that looks like Mr. Gnome in each photo. Please post a link to the picture with a red circle around where you think the gnome is for each one. The first person to solve who the evil gnome is will win.
To unscramble the letters (found by solving the riddles), you will need the help of each gnome you save. Each gnome will say one sentence about where each letter goes once you have found them.
Once you post a found gnome, I will quote that post and write in size 0 font what their sentence is...or that you got it wrong. Only quote it if you want to ruin the fun!
You MUST post the answer to each riddle in size 0 font. I will quote the post and respond.

So...anything I forgot? Just let me know!
Let the mission begin!

Comments

• BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited April 2012
    Ooh! I will wake up extra early to do this! Sounds like fun! Even if I'm not first, it will be definitely fun! :mrgreen:
  • ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited April 2012
    Great, thanks Zulie! I look forward to watching people attempt this :D
    edited April 2012
    Attempt?Ha! :wink: I am great at algebra and I have figured most of these out, but my darn iPad... Let me see what I can do...
    Edit: it refuses to work for me :x
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Attempt?Ha! :wink: I am great at algebra and I have figured most of these out, but my darn iPad... Let me see what I can do...
    :shock: You work fast xD It took me forever to make this Lol. Maybe the pics will be harder? Lol. xD
    edited April 2012
    Bumperoodle
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited April 2012
    I am working on this now.=)
    edited April 2012
    I am working on this now.=)
    Alright, with fairy as competition :mrgreen: I'll need to steal my mom's Mac, hold on!
    edited April 2012
    xD I just finished the gnome hints for unscrambling the letters :lol:

Good luck you two! I think the photos are harder than the riddles.
    edited April 2012
    Hey Zulie, thanks! But can you please remove the image coding? SO just elave the links? Thanks!
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -
    Zulie, quote this..
    I had to change no. 2 cuz typo...and no 1 as well xD so sorry. But you got everyone riddle right other than 1 and 2..which is my fault... and number three is wrong too. Don't forget to change the numbers to letters! As for the images, the ones you posted were correct.
    Gnome Hints so far:
    (I can't give you 1, 2, or 3 since you got the riddles wrong...again mostly my fault)
    #4 The I is the second letter.
    #5: The F is only next to a vowel
    #6 Recite the alphabet to figure the rest out.
    edit; you got pic 4 and 6 correct! so just need to fix the first 3 riddles.
    edited April 2012
    Hey Zulie, thanks! But can you please remove the image coding? SO just elave the links? Thanks!

Ok, will do!
    edited April 2012
    Thank you! Just so everyone can work out where the gnomes are ;)
    edited April 2012
    are the links working for you? they do for me.
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, they work for me.
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -

I had to change no. 2 cuz typo...and no 1 as well xD so sorry. But you got everyone riddle right other than 1 and 2..which is my fault... and number three is wrong too. Don't forget to change the numbers to letters! As for the images, the ones you posted were correct.
    Gnome Hints so far:
    (I can't give you 1, 2, or 3 since you got the riddles wrong...again mostly my fault)

hmm, too quick of me, jitterry me! I'll print this out for school tomorrow, too tired to continue right now, but at least its mathly enough for me to in class! I'll try to stay on the forums, though. I'll scan it in and then post the pictures in links for you, is that ok?
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -

Gnome Hints so far:

hmm, too quick of me, jitterry me! I'll print this out for school tomorrow, too tired to continue right now, but at least its mathly enough for me to in class! I'll try to stay on the forums, though. I'll scan it in and then post the pictures in links for you, is that ok?
    lol you only messed up the third one because I made the first two wrong. I only need you to redo the first 3 riddles, and then you'll receive the rest of the gnome hints (:
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -

Gnome Hints so far:

lol you only messed up the third one because I made the first two wrong. I only need you to redo the first 3 riddles, and then you'll receive the rest of the gnome hints (:
    Ooh! Sounds fun!!! *dances* but tomorrow, had to put my moms computer back, I think my parents were onto something!
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -

Gnome Hints so far:

Ooh! Sounds fun!!! *dances* but tomorrow, had to put my moms computer back, I think my parents were onto something!
    haha okay! hopefully someone doesn't get it before you o.O
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -
    Gnome Hints so far:
    it would be okay if they did! It is fun anyway, in the end!
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -
    Gnome Hints so far:
    the prize isn't that big anyways...almost literally a "token"...xD
    edited April 2012
    Bump
    edited April 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -

Gnome Hints so far:

area 1: "T"
    area 2: "E"
    area 3: "G"
    and what would a token be...? *ponders*

All good? *?*
    edited May 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    Zulie234 wrote:
    -

Gnome Hints so far:

area 1: "T"
    area 2: "E"
    area 3: "G"
    and what would a token be...? *ponders*

All good? *?*

Area 1 is right...area 3 is wrong...and area 2 is wrong..
    BUT here is area 1's Gnome Hint: The K is next to only one other letter.