Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spousal Abandonment

Ok, I played for this entire time without this problem, and suddenly in the last week it's gone crazy. At first I thought there was a pattern, but now their isn't. Spouses are just picking up and moving out. They still are listed as "wife" and "husband" but on the spouse that means info, they are listed as "no partner" and both family trees are missing the spouse now(unless they have a child together-but they aren't listed as married). If I try and move them back it, they don't touch in the picture and they often move out again. One couple I had divorce and remarry...and now he seems to stay(so far) but it's really frustrating!!

What is weird is they still love each other, and I have couples that hate each other and stay in the same house. So, clearly it's a glitch. Has anyone else had this? I'm getting really annoyed by it! They are often just couples, or the girl is pregnant, and the first few the woman had a child from a previous relationship-but it's not like the houses are over crowded or anything. Grrr....luckily I've always been able to find them, but I'm worried they'll move out and be permanently "married". Grrr....

Any ideas about this one? Is it something I'm doing?? Oh and by the way, none of them have comittment issues!

Comments

• aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Are you patched to 1.3, by any chance?
  • DanceofmasksDanceofmasks Posts: 1,301 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :O
    This sounds really trippy ... I wanna see it!
    Hmm ... maybe I'll have a politician in the next generation that'll befriend half the town.
    Then I'll observe.
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't have any of the updates, because I was too scared they would screw up my game. Why, would the update help this issue? Or did you think this caused it? At this point, my families are so screwed up. Spouses leaving (mostly men, but not always!), weird clone babies(they were just teens and suddenly they are adults with random babies! ahhh), families moving out....I'm getting pretty ticked! I'm scared to play anymore and screw up my families, but I'm scared of the patch.

Ahhh...so frustrated!