Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To patch or not to patch?

I recently gained internet access on my simming laptop (YAY!)But now I'm curious about if I should download the patch or not...

I'm currently (almost) completely bug free (a minor one outside of the stadium that makes everyone bald eek). I don't want to download the patch and be introduced to more bugs....opinions??

EDIT: I am mod-free...just so that's clear.

Oh one other question! I know they said that people will get married with the patch and not spawn random babies (which never bothered me) and that user-created sims will not move out...

How do you keep towns from becoming over populated? And will the sim-town still self-regulate itself with babies and deaths as it did pre-patch with story progression on?

Comments

• AvengerAvenger Posts: 980 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've installed the patch & have had no problems, but.... I had no problems to begin with. I've had no glitches, bugs etc. I'm happy with the patch, no more random babies etc, it's a good thing.
  • AvengerAvenger Posts: 980 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Just thought, I think people have had problems if they have mods installed which I don't.
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would always recommend patching, but if your game is running to your liking, might be worth sitting tight until the next one?
  • aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I patched with no difficulties after I remembered to switch out my camera mod (it's a modified ini file.) For extra peace of mind, I took out all of my mods, started up the game after I patched, closed the game, put back my mods, and started the game up again. Everything was working fine. I updated a few of my mods and ran into no problems whatsoever.
  • annamr1annamr1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know if it's like this in anyone else's game, but I noticed that the singles that spawned random babies the most all suddenly got married, but the new spouses are nowhere to be found. In the sims relationship panel it shows they are married, but the only people that are ever in the household are the original sim and the babies.

Other than that I have no problems, and I have tons of cc. I patched the game without removing any of my cc.
  • PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh one other question! I know they said that people will get married with the patch and not spawn random babies (which never bothered me) and that user-created sims will not move out...

How do you keep towns from becoming over populated? And will the sim-town still self-regulate itself with babies and deaths as it did pre-patch with story progression on?
    edited August 2009
    bump
  • eternallycharmedeternallycharmed Posts: 1,030 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Go for it. The patch hasn't done anything bad to my game.
    edited August 2009
    Ok...have the patch...now the 2nd question
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I believe in the instructions for the patch it warns about becoming overpopulated. I think you just need to move out random families you don't play to make room. Just keep an eye on the neighbourhood and ditch people!
  • thhawk1thhawk1 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think this patch made my sims stupid now. I try to call someone over and they say there is no way to get there. Even if they are in the next room and nothing is in their way. Plus now my installer won't work it goes to the installer screen then stops. I think I'm going to uninstall and reinstall without the patches.