Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• Options
    ChiefmigrainChiefmigrain Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    CoolBoez, we are not cheap. We all feel like they shouldn't have just a little content int he game so that we have to go to the store to get all the items they should have included. That's not being cheap. That's us wanting our money's worth.

/signed
  • Options
    sparklepopsparklepop Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SIGNED!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Coolboez_9Coolboez_9 Posts: 557 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not signing it
  • Options
    xx_okamixx_okami Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Coolboez_9 wrote:
    EA is a company, not Santa Clus. I like the Sims 3 store. They just want to get some extra money. You don't have to buy anything if you don' like the store. u r so cheap

Are you kidding me? Some people don't want to pay money for content that should have been included in a game that's pretty much empty. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of extra cash to spare. I spent a good amount of money on my game in the first place, why should I have to pay for extra stuff that should have just been in it?

Looks like EA is taking a tip from the all those greedy and rediculous paysites out there.

/signed.
    Coolboez_9 wrote:
    I'm not signing it

Then don't sign? It's not bothering anyone, I'm not sure what attention you're trying to get with this post.
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    xx_okami wrote:
    Coolboez_9 wrote:
    EA is a company, not Santa Clus. I like the Sims 3 store. They just want to get some extra money. You don't have to buy anything if you don' like the store. u r so cheap

Are you kidding me? Some people don't want to pay money for content that should have been included in a game that's pretty much empty. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of extra cash to spare. I spent a good amount of money on my game in the first place, why should I have to pay for extra stuff that should have just been in it?

Looks like EA is taking a tip from the all those greedy and rediculous paysites out there.

/signed.
    Coolboez_9 wrote:
    I'm not signing it

Then don't sign? It's not bothering anyone, I'm not sure what attention you're trying to get with this post.

You have plenty of content in your game, you just look at some of the stuff in the store, think "I want that!" And then get all ***** because you don't want to have to pay for it. And you're calling EA greedy for wanting money? Tell me, right now, that you don't want money, you have never wanted money, and then you can call them greedy. They aren't seeling anything that's nessisary for survival. It's basically pixels. You people act like they're depriving you of food or something. Wanting money for something you created isn't greedy. I don't like paysites, so I just don't use them. And by the way, this petition is bothering people, because it shows how greedy many of the people who have signed this are acting(Yes, they're being greedy!), and how ignorant they seem to be. There are a few intelligent people who have signed this, and even used some pretty convincing arguements, but I don't think the store should be closed. If EA wants it, they can have it.
  • Options
    xx_okamixx_okami Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Taylor0628 wrote:
    You have plenty of content in your game, you just look at some of the stuff in the store, think "I want that!" And then get all ***** because you don't want to have to pay for it. And you're calling EA greedy for wanting money? Tell me, right now, that you don't want money, you have never wanted money, and then you can call them greedy. They aren't seeling anything that's nessisary for survival. It's basically pixels. You people act like they're depriving you of food or something. Wanting money for something you created isn't greedy. I don't like paysites, so I just don't use them. And by the way, this petition is bothering people, because it shows how greedy many of the people who have signed this are acting(Yes, they're being greedy!), and how ignorant they seem to be. There are a few intelligent people who have signed this, and even used some pretty convincing arguements, but I don't think the store should be closed. If EA wants it, they can have it.

No, not particularly. I haven't downloaded much of the content from the store because I can find content elsewhere that I like more and don't have to pay for. I don't have extra money to spare with rent and everything else I pay for- EA got my money when I bought their game. It's not like they're at a complete lack of money. And that's exactly it, they are pixels. Why should we have to spend extra money on extra pixels for our games that should have just been included? But you are entitled to your opinion the same as I am, and if you want to think how you do, then have at it.
    There are a few intelligent people who have signed this,
    I do love this part. Like my intelligence has anything to do with any of this. It's a matter of opinion.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't have extra money to spare with rent and everything else I pay for- EA got my money when I bought their game.

Many, many people have said this exact same thing. But the economy and ones finances should never be brought into the argument, period. Saying this is like saying a new car should include all of the fancy extras because you've already paid for the car, and you don't have much extra money to spare. You may just have to live without those leather seats or that 5-disc CD changer. Sorry, but that's life.
  • Options
    kevinmorankevinmoran Posts: 38 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would love for that stuff to be free, but it won't. They don't care whether we buy it or not, they get it off the little 13 year olds that use mommy's credit card. The modders and creators are already getting some good foundation down, it's only a matter of time before we have some nice free stuff.

/not signed
  • Options
    bulliobullio Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I personally feel alot more should have been included on the game disk. Thirty quid is not exactly cheap, and I get the distinct feeling EA has held back so people eventually pay fifty or sixty pounds for something approaching full game content. Sims games are good... but not that good - little wonder software piracy is rife.

Signed; Bullio.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with bullio
    I dont think though the store will go at any time soon if ever
    Its a cash cow to them and by the add on they say they will give you x points
    for the store if you buy it so that answers that.

I just wish they had put more in the game and address why they took the store route.
  • Options
    UKSpring90UKSpring90 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed UKSpring90!

Definitely! Five pounds is to much to pay to get some items that should have been in the game in the first place :!:
  • Options
    AristacahAristacah Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    kevinmoran wrote:
    I would love for that stuff to be free, but it won't. They don't care whether we buy it or not, they get it off the little 13 year olds that use mommy's credit card. The modders and creators are already getting some good foundation down, it's only a matter of time before we have some nice free stuff.

/not signed

I think the stuff in the store is downright ugly, just like the stuff in the game. Bleck! No way will I be buying any of it.

And you are right - our talented community of modders and creators are putting out some great stuff now, so why waste your money in their store.

Not signed. If they can sell any of that ugly stuff, more power to 'em.
  • Options
    DonnaWoodsDonnaWoods Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    With all the money I gave EA games since the original Sims, Sims2 and now Sims 3, all the expansion packs, etc... why should I have to pay for items in the store. I don't care how many points I get for buying expansion packs, I am not using their store.
  • Options
    Vimerola7Vimerola7 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed

I don't really have a speech, the prices are absurd and that content should already be in the game. Simple like that.
  • Options
    bratwitstyle15bratwitstyle15 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    signed! Okay with everyone tightening their wallets due to the economy it's just wrong to try and exploit those who love the game. Not right Maxis, just not right.
  • Options
    atteoshouseatteoshouse Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    nategiz95 wrote:
    DEFINATELY

/signed

We need more furniture and HAIRSTYLES.
    I would love to see bunk beds and a way to buy clothes. The clothes for older people are so ugly. Why can't our Sims dress cool even if they have gotten older. Why do they have to be bent over and have sagging *****?

And it sure would be nice for the children to be able to communicate with the toddlers and play with them. They can build relationships with them and read to them. I miss not being able to bath my baby sims. That was so nice listening to them laugh and coo.

And for Pete's sake can't they speak in english? I would love that. I wouldn't mind paying for a expansion pack to have them speak my language. Bet others would also.

And instruments that the kids can play as well as the adults. Keyboards, harps, horns.

What about scout camps for the kids. That would be a great expansion pack. Let them swim in the water ways and beaches. Canoe and fish. Let the kids build crafts and learn archery and marksmenship, rock climbing and digging for fossels.

Does anyone feel as I do? Linda
  • Options
    cyberkittycyberkitty Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /Signed Cyberkitty
  • Options
    ticketybooticketyboo Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, please.

If I wanted to get bent over backwards for my money I'd go play Warcraft.
  • Options
    SimFreak27SimFreak27 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    xx_okami wrote:
    There are a few intelligent people who have signed this,
    I do love this part. Like my intelligence has anything to do with any of this. It's a matter of opinion.

Intelligence is what drives opinion though, but intelligence can change the way a person views things, as can knowledge. I think a lot of people here are not stupid, but are ignorant of a lot of aspects of buisness, and they use ridiculous arguements like "Don't they realize it's hard enough in this economy?" despiste having paid the 50 or so dollars for the game in "This economy."

So perhaps I should have said "A few knowledgable people have sign this." Though they are the ones who often just talk about how they should have had more content (Even though there's more in this base game than in the Sims2 base game).

And by the way, I know EA has some money, but they do spend a lot making the game, so it makes sense to try something like the store to try and increase their profits. It's a smart buisness move, and if anything, I applaud them for it. Everybody likes money.

If you were at the head of the company, I promise you wouldn't want to close the store because some people didn't like it. All of the "Economy" arguements and whatnot would be out the window, because you would be making money. I know I'd keep the store running.

EDIT: And you know what I just realized? Saying this is opinion and has nothing to do with intelligence only helps to prove my point people aren't thinking this through. Wow, I can't believe I just saw that. *facepalm*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    eridaniblackeridaniblack Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Even though I know they wont close it, I think it's important that if you feel they should, you should make your opinion known. They need to know that they aren't getting away with their greed; that some people see it for what it is.

/signed eridaniblack
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited August 2009
    They need to know that they aren't getting away with their greed

How are they not getting away with it? They're still making money off of the store, aren't they? They've still sold millions of copies of the game, haven't they? I'd consider that 'getting away with it'.
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately this petition cant exactly be doing much since we get another 1000 simpoints with the next Expansion pack i believe..
  • Options
    DarkBunny917DarkBunny917 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Simpoints can kiss my behind, I want that store closed and sealed and thrown into a black hole so it can never again taint the series

When SimWorld arrives this kind of pathetic will never happen!
  • Options
    BobbyIsraelBobbyIsrael Posts: 49 New Member
    edited August 2009
    4katsuki wrote:
    Unfortunately this petition cant exactly be doing much since we get another 1000 simpoints with the next Expansion pack i believe..

hmmmm really........EA if you make it 2000 i'll keep my mouth shut and even take my sig off.