Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maternity Clothes?

Hey, so far I've had two sims get preggers. One had her baby, the other is in the early stages. Is there any other maternity clothing other than the track suits? And where can we get it? I can't find where to buy new clothing in the town.
Thanks.

Comments

• DolletDollet Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No.
  • TabathaMorteTabathaMorte Posts: 311 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bebemum wrote:
    Hey, so far I've had two sims get preggers. One had her baby, the other is in the early stages. Is there any other maternity clothing other than the track suits? And where can we get it? I can't find where to buy new clothing in the town.
    Thanks.

Mine gets this little white dress...
  • velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can't buy clothes, that why you can't find it. Go to the dresser and select Plan Outfit. You can't do it when your pregnant though. You have to stick with the clothes, its only for a few days...

Edit: My pregger sims usually where a long sleeve tee and and either jeans or sweatpants but not sundresses :(
  • BebemumBebemum Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    really? :( Mine's every day is a sweater and sweat pants.
    Do you know where I could possibly change it?

EDIT: ohhh are all clothes availble throught the dresser?

I guess I'll **** it up, I just wanted to make my preggers girl a little more stylish lol.
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wish there was more maternity wear. lol
  • sgna04sgna04 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2009
    I was so annoyed when I realized my sim was stuck in her ugly track suit and long nightgown for pregnancy! She would have looked adorable in her peasant top and skirt. If they could make all the clothes compatible for different body sizes, I don't know what they couldn't have made them work for pregnancy.
  • Brenari2Brenari2 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine wears a different little sun-dress each time they get pregnant. For instance, one sim wore a gray sun-dress for her 1st pregnancy, a purple one for her 2nd and a green one for her 3rd.

I have to admit, I'm relieved that mine are not wearing track suits! :D
  • BebemumBebemum Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    awwh I'm so jealous. All you guys and your sundresses, while mine waddles around the house in a sloppy tracksuit. :(
    lol I guess I'll just have to keep on getting em preggers!
  • RivvyGibbyRivvyGibby Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2009
    One of my sims was wearing a dress once, and then the next time she changed her clothes (while still pregnant) she was wearing her everyday outfit (a long sleeved top and jeans).

However with the family I'm playing now, she only wears the dress. So I'm not sure.
  • alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't mind the track suit so much, but.. neon pink? Yeeeurgh.

Maybe they could modify the code to detect which color, pattern, or set of colors is most used in the Sim's other clothing.. and color the maternity clothes to match, or at least resemble, the Sim's other outfits.

For example, my Evil Empress Sim wears pretty much all black and red, all the time. If I'd had black and red maternity clothes, that would've been THE BOMB. :)
  • DaisyShangDaisyShang Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    sgna04 wrote:
    I was so annoyed when I realized my sim was stuck in her ugly track suit and long nightgown for pregnancy! She would have looked adorable in her peasant top and skirt. If they could make all the clothes compatible for different body sizes, I don't know what they couldn't have made them work for pregnancy.

I second that! My sim seems to keep her ugly maternity clothes on even after she's given birth. I have to make her change... She usually wears an non- matching track suit with non-matching sandals. It's like she's color blind... No wonder those sims need us to do everything for them... They can't even dress themselves. I usually make her wear her nightgown until she gives birth. I am trying to get twins, so she stays home and reads kids books while listening to kids music. Of course she does have another infant that she has to look after before she pops the new one out.
  • HappySimmingHappySimming Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    I noticed something with this pregnancy. If my sim is wearing a two piece outfit she gets the ugly track suit. If my sim is wearing a one piece outfit she gets the cute little sundress!! If you try for a baby make sure you are wearing a one piece outfit to get the cute sundress during pregnancy.
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited June 2009
    THANK YOU FOR THAT HAPPYSIMMING!
    I was so P.O'd when my cute Harley got pregnant and wore that ugly sweat suit...
    Speaking as a formerly pregnant woman, I'm appaled. There are so many things they could have created to make them look adorable... I LOVED being pregnant, and although I hated the maternity clothes for different reasons, thought they were generally very cute. What's the point of having a cute baby bump and wearing an ugly track suit to cover it all up?!

Also... why do all the preggo sims just look fat. That's saddening to me also. LOL
  • HappySimmingHappySimming Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    No problem!
  • gemmax89gemmax89 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine also wears cute little dresses which change colour each time :)
  • SchweetassdahlSchweetassdahl Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Also... why do all the preggo sims just look fat. That's saddening to me also. LOL

Mine did the whole preggo waddle while she was preggers. Towards the end of the pregnancy it got a bit ridiculous with how far back she'd lean.
  • crystalr7878crystalr7878 Posts: 232
    edited June 2010
    8)You are all lucky. I would love to have an ugly track suit. My stupid prego sims wear the V cut swimsuits and will not stay in everyday prego clothes. Some one please help me keep them in the track suits.....

I am very upset with the nasty swimsuits....

Thank you/
  • itsjustdawnitsjustdawn Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yeah I wish they had a "plan outfit" option for maternity, just for currently pregnant sims.
    My currently pregnant girl is in a pair of jean shorts and an ugly green top, with shoes that are far too dressy!!!
  • bookwormtraitbookwormtrait Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2011
    My sim always wears that ugly dark-purple-bluish sweater during maternity. UGH. Except I like how her nightgown has little sheep on it. :P
  • pieceofme07pieceofme07 Posts: 348 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I was going to make a thread asking if they had add any new maternity cloths cose iv been gone for a few months...Im guessing they havin't?
  • PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2012
    Has anyone thought of CC? There's a heck of good maternity clothes if you look. :mrgreen:
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited April 2012
    This thread started in 2009 and still there's really nothing new that I know of.

Poppysims makes a ton of CC.
  • AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    edited April 2012
    Some of the outfits that came with Generations are usable for maternity. PoppySims has some maternity clothes.
  • labrams1228labrams1228 Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2012
    I know most don't like The Sims Resource, but I did a search on their site for maternity clothes and found some good ones (they weren't glitchy, either). There's one set that's even goth maternity inspired.
  • crissylinecrissyline Posts: 123 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I always get the ugly track suit... but that's not the worst. Because my current sim, randomly changes into a centaur costume...T_T I hate it. It came with cc for a sim I got off the exchange. Gotta find it and delete it.