The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one who likes this new EP?

I think it sounds and looks great!

Who else likes it?
Don't start a flame war, please!
Posistive messages only please!

Comments

• Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It seems like a cool EP to me, you're not alone.
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2009
    No you're not the only one. I like this idea as well.
  • The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i like it so far
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2009
    Seeing this entire EP sounds very much like a new idea suggestion I made back right before Sims 3 came out, I love it! Although I know better, it's as if they read my idea and followed it almost precisely - except my idea also included a photography and rare plant safari to africa (no wild animal killing), and possibly a dessert Island mystery and exploration. So who wouldn't love their own idea?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the locations look great, but I'm not too keen on the 'adventure' part - I hope that's going to be optional, so some of my sims can be explorers, and have adventures, but some can just have a 'normal' holiday in an exotic location.
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2009
    SimCrazy wrote:

Can't handle negative comments on the Internet. Bawww.
  • EloxlyEloxly Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know, I thought it looked kinda fun. :)
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited August 2009
    SimCrazy wrote:

Um...shut up
  • brundlebrundle Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Don't know yet... I know it wouldn't have been 'my' first choice but it looks cool.

My only issue is that the game we have isn't completely patched; now an EP. That's my way of saying I wont be pre-ordering. Once it's a few months old I'll most likely get it.
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SimCrazy wrote:

No, its just annoying. people jave been complaining about this EP too much so maybe the OP doesnt want that in this thread.

Also youre not alone ;p i think the EP looks great so far 8)
  • pon_zi1592pon_zi1592 Posts: 291 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't wait! :]
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This is the internet.

No matter how bizarre your opinions are, you will never be alone.
  • KourtglamisKourtglamis Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No, I really like the idea of the new EP. I will be different from other EP which will be a lot of fun. I can't wait for it to come out. :lol:
  • nickandashnickandash Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    for a first ep, this is horrible. this should have been third or fourth down the line
  • FatalTemptressFatalTemptress Posts: 757 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think it looks great, I'm looking forward to the release. (:
  • titanvolsfantitanvolsfan Posts: 402 New Member
    edited August 2009
    nickandash wrote:
    for a first ep, this is horrible. this should have been third or fourth down the line

agreed :?
  • DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2009
    nickandash wrote:

agreed :?

What should have been 1st then? I think this one is as good as any.
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    The idea is great just not the right time for this type of expansion. they should be focusing on Sunset Valley and Riverview.

Adding more building that are not rabbit holes for us to go out at night. As of right now their is no nightlife anywhere in these two towns.

You mean I have to go to China for some action after dark? Get real guys! I should be able to do this in my own town first. Heck by the time you can afford to go to China you're almost ready to kick the bucket!

So for me wrong expansion for the wrong time.
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2009
    well in my opinion this is creative. it hasn't been done yet in the sims franchise (bon voyage doesn't count until further info is given) and it would be predictable to follow the same pattern of expansion releases as TS2.
    although not a huge amount of info has been released i am optimistic and i see it this way; they have mad and expansion and i like it.

for those people out there complaining i am not saying you can't but the easiest way to solve this is wait until the expansion you like comes out then buy that one. the world is bad enough we don't need people complaining about this should be first or last or in the middle. just be happy they have made it.
  • marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I cant wait till this ep comes and i'm happy this is the first one. Ea cant please everyone. If it was a differnt ep they would still find a reason to complain about it. You are not the only one.
  • BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think this is a great idea! And I love China, so I'm glad that will be one of the locations. :D

I think the idea behind this expansion is to take the "seamless neighborhood" idea and make it BIGGER. I agree that the base neighborhoods could use some nightlife and more playable community lots, but this expansion seems like it will be really fun!
  • Slit518Slit518 Posts: 643 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I just wanted to say I am definitely into the exploring aspect. I can't wait to try this game out.
  • KrazyKaylaKrazyKayla Posts: 215 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i love it! the only reason why i didnt like bon voyage in ts2 was because it had loading screens
  • Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think its nice that theres a new idea for an expansion pack coming out. i mean, don't get me wrong, all of the expansion packs for both the original sims and sims2 were great, but they got kind of old, and the expansions from sims2 started to just become repeats from the original sims. things like pets and stuff are good expansions to have, but i think i'd rather see a fresh idea for the first sims3 expansion pack rather than an idea taken from the previous generations of sims.
  • keithie13keithie13 Posts: 2,722 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think its going to be ok but not great :!: :?