Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help Us Gurus! *Exception Raised Error and Game Crashes*

Comments

• PrincessmangolimePrincessmangolime Posts: 22 New Member
    edited April 2012
    bump
  • ShaniibbyShaniibby Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    This error comes up when I try to refresh my updates for my game!

zk5wcl.png

You see, I recently fixed another error that would show up when trying to run my game about an hour ago. I loaded all my software updates for my mac and the game started to run again. But when I did that... majority of my CC was un-runable! I had to delete it ALL!

Now I am trying to download new custom content from the exchange and lots of beautiful sims have the "please update your game" symbol next to it. What do I do?! I need my CC, but I can't update my game! I own Showtime, Pets, Generations and the Late Night expansion packs. Plus the Loft Edition Stuff pack.

PLEASE HELP.
  • ShaniibbyShaniibby Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    bump
  • BeautyLavenderBeautyLavender Posts: 34
    edited April 2012
    So I looked around and found this https://help.ea.com/article/sims-3-crash-freeze-troubleshooting-after-patch-1-33
    It honestly doesn't help though... And why should 4gb of ram be a problem if it was the recomended graphics to be able to run the game ... If its really an issue of having to many ep's guess I won't bother getting them anymore.... I hope the link helped some -__-
  • kiki1978kiki1978 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I just started having this problem today. I try to logon and I can't even get the game started. I get the exceptions raised error and when I try to debug it, my game crashes.
    edited April 2012
    bump...
    edited April 2012
    bumpity-bump.
  • markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I think the main cause of this (Well, for my game) is CC. Technically, whenever I have some installed, either as sims3pack or package files, the same annoying error crashes my game while playing and/or building (even if the CC is clean and uncorrupted). If my game is free of CC, nothing happens and it's fairly stable.

However, it does happen to me (even without CC) only when I'm exiting the game (i.e. post-saving) when the screen is already black and about to close. It pops up at the very last moment, but does not do anything to my game or my save files.

Oh, and does this happen to Windows? :evil: Or is it really just us beloved Mac folk?

I really hope this can be fixed soon (but I highly doubt it with EA's sloppiness) because I really want to use some CC objects in my game. :cry:
  • BellinzonaBellinzona Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2012
    One thing I know for sure IT'S NOT CC!!!! (Or if it is, it's from the STORE, but I read too many comments on here about people getting this error, who don't even know what CC is!!) So, EA, you better do something about it, we all paid a lot of money for your games and we're surely not buying EA games any more if you don't fix this right away! You cannot test your games on people paying that much money for them! If I got the games for free from you for testing them, ok, but we are paying customers and you are treating us as if you don't care!! I think it's actually EVERY MAC user who has this problem how can you afford to lose that many customers? I'm so upset, I was a HUGE fan of yours up to the Sims 2 and now I start to hate you for selling me a game that is so full of bugs it isn't worth 2 cents!!! How can that be??? Did something change in your management, if so, that was the worst decision you ever made, people are so angry with you!!!!
  • MissRedsox19MissRedsox19 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I have a Mac desktop and a brand new Macbook Pro - both have more than enough RAM, GB and a very good graphics card. I have kept up with every patch, and make sure the only CC I download is from the Sims 3 Store - not the exchange.

I have been playing since day one, and own every single game, expansion pack and stuff pack that has come out since. If you add up how much each has cost since day one... it's a TON of money. Not to mention the amount of money I've spent in the Sims 3 Store.

Now, I can barely play for 15 min, my game doesn't always save, and it crashes for the reasons stated above. I realize that when the Sims first came out, PC was the dominant computer. But not anymore. More and more people buy Apple computers, in fact I LOVE using the Sims 3 on my Mac's over PCs.

I don't know why EA has been so neglectful of it's Mac users, but it's getting to the point that they should start worrying. Word of mouth, and the constant PITA glitches, can cause a lot of damage to a company - and right now Mac users are livid. I looked past the fact they didn't make a World Creator tool for us, I looked past a lot of PC only things... all because I've adored the game.

Not anymore. The Sims have been a major part of my life, and I had hoped to continue with my happy obsession/hobby. The Sims is my escape, my relaxation, and a part of me. My happiness with it is dwindling, and I am playing less and less because of these issues.

Listen to your customers EA. Listen to the fact that you're upsetting a chunk of your customers. Listen to the errors you continue to make with the games. Listen... learn... AND PLEASE FIX THEM.

Don't disappoint us anymore.

ps. I am not looking for argumentative responses for this. Its my opinion, and I'm venting here because I know others understand. Things need to get better for the Sims Mac users.
  • xxkatherinxxxxkatherinxx Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    I have the same problem.. :cry: and it's so frustrating!! i haven't played in a month because of this glitch, this started happening with the new patch after i installed showtime. now i only get about 20min to 2hours it just crashes randomly with no telling why or how. EA please help!!!

I have the 2011 MacBook Pro 17in
    Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b)
  • JennyMoonlightJennyMoonlight Posts: 421 New Member
    edited April 2012
    MissRedsox, you put it beautifully for us Mac Users. I just got a brand new late model 2011 15" MBP and upgraded to the 8 gigs of RAM. Specs are fine. I started crashing and experiencing the typical problems almost immediately on my new Mac. My old Mac was a 2009 MBP 15" running Snow Leopard and overall did not have the same problems, but it could not really handle anything past Master Suite and was showing its age.

I had just found it impossible to run on Lion so I had my husband install BootCamp partition and Windows 7 64 bit and now I can play the game fine except now I am experiencing glitches that are associated with PC's and Origin, namely the red x's in my launcher window. (Something Mac users don't seem to get).

It runs very well on Windows 7 and that's an option to consider. But the graphics are not as beautiful and crisp as they were on Mac OS.

So, I've found a solution but it is not my ideal one. If I could return to playing in Mac OS and enjoying the superior graphics again, I would.
  • JennyMoonlightJennyMoonlight Posts: 421 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Update...I returned the 2011 MacBook Pro I had and got the higher end one instead. The difference between the first one and the second one is that the first was 2.2 ghz and had only 512mb video ram and a slightly slower video card. The newest one is 2.4 ghz and has a full 1 GB video memory and a slightly faster card. First one was running Mac Lion version 10.7.3 and the new one is running the 10.7.2 version of Lion that came with the machine and I decided not to upgrade the OS just yet. It's running well so far. I had 2 pauses in Starlight Shores (the world for the Showtime EP) that looked like they could have turned into full blown freezes...but they didn't and the game resumed normally.
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Ok I'm back i know it's been a long time but that was kinda good i updated to 1.33 back about 3 weeks ago and it's been better then the Pets patch i have less error messages but the problem is i still have them i started off with no cc but the errors still came so i was like f*** it i'm going back to my beloved cc and i still have the same amount of errors i have them cas know and now its rare for me to have this error while playing but sometimes while in live mode it while crash unexpectedly and it does that at other times to but i do get a lot of errors and THATS STILL A PROBLEM!! i just wish EA would fix this it. I have the 2010 macbook pro 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive, 2.66ghz Intel Core i7. I'm in love with my mac! I've been on a pc my whole life and got the great chance to get this mac (if you go back in the post you can see how i got it) and i don't regret my choice to get it, but i just hate the best computer i've ever had can't play my game. I mean my mac gives me no problems at all. But my game does and it's EA fault not mine and thats what gets on my nerves! EA tries to say it's our fault! and it's not!
  • livingsoul12066livingsoul12066 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I posted about my recent game problems in another thread a couple days ago, but as this seems to be a much more popular thread, I shall post them here.

First, let me state that I have never gotten a "raised error" message. I also do not play Sims 3 very often (five two-hour sessions per month at most). Last Friday (4/13/2012) I started a new game, and aside from getting an "oops, we cannot connect" message when I first opened the launcher, nothing went wrong. All very normal game play. I made two Sims in CAS with no incident, and I even built their house before I got tired and decided to stop for the moment. I saved, then saved and quit, and went on with my day.

The next time I played Sims was the following Sunday (4/15/2012). This is when I started to have problems. Nothing was out of the ordinary for the first hour or so. I bought furniture for my Sims, saved the game, had them interact, and was able to play through almost three days.

The first sign of trouble was when, near the end of the third day, I had my Sims adopt a kitten. At one point, one of my Sims picked up the kitten and it became deformed and stretched out. He then put the kitten down and it returned to normal. "Huh," I thought to myself, "I've never gotten that glitch before. But I know it's common so whatever."

While my Sim went to fill the kitten's food bowl, the kitten sat down in its brand-new cat condo. Only it didn't really sit inside, but kind of fell through the floor of it. However, I have seen this happen with Sims going through objects and didn't think anything of it. I then told the kitten to go eat food from its bowl. That's when the game froze.

Luckily for me, I was not running the game in full screen, so when I hit "command+option+esc", the window for force quitting applications came right up. I hated having to force quit Sims, seeing as I had not saved the progress I made over those three days. However, the game was unresponsive and I figured I could just do it all over again, seeing as all I had really done was build some skills and adopt a kitten.

After force quitting, I started up the game again, intent on redoing the things I had done before. I got through one day of game play, doing very normal things with my Sims. After both Sims had gone to bed and were sleeping, the game suddenly crashed.

Between the game play, I had seen items in the in-game store that were free. I figured "hey, let's get some free stuff!" and went to download it. I was prompted for game updates, and clicked to install them, but nothing happened. Now when I check for game updates, the launcher tells me I am up to date.

Today (4/18/2012), I decided to try to play again, see if I could just save more often and be fine. No such luck. I opened the launcher, got the "oops" message, clicked the play button anyways because I've been getting that "oops" message every time I open the launcher. The game gave me a black screen as if it was going to go into the opening animation. But then it just showed me my cursor, and nothing happened. I hit "command+option+esc" and was able to exit the black screen. I went to see if any Sims 3 applications are open on my dock, and they weren't!

I am very upset by this, especially since I just created these Sims and I want to play with them!

My computer is an iMac running on OSX 10.6.8. My Sims 3 game is on update 10.0.96.015001. I World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, and Pets.

Thank you for your time and help.
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Ugh, just experienced this twice in the last 2 hours. I honestly don't know why I update my game when I see a new update comes out. Every time I do, it causes nothing but headaches until the developers get around to releasing a patch to fix it.
  • BeckyhbinksBeckyhbinks Posts: 179 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm so fed up with this now.

I can't play my game at all because as soon as it loads up I get the "exception raised error."

I've never had any custom content and my specs are more than capable of running the game.

I was so looking forward to Pets and Showtime but haven't purchased them as since my game doesn't work, what's the point?

I'm tired of EA taking our money, for games that don't work, that they won't fix.

I can't believe there still isn't a solution for this.
  • plumchumplumchum Posts: 376
    edited April 2012
    ^

do you also have the problem when it shows up as soon as you get to the loading screen.
    please
  • augustxdreamsaugustxdreams Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2012
    is anyone else having an issue with their sims disappearing? mine's real bad, i can't even play for more than 15 minutes and i have to force quit every time i do. sims was my favorite thing ever, now I'm starting to despise it.
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Has anybody been messing around with the game files and stuff? I have i've moved some patch files and the game stills runs fine but i still have this problem and random freezes and crashes. I've delete most cache files and the reload them selfs. I've been reading in to the error notes and the console messages and i'm not quite sure what they mean as far as helping out this problem and making this game run right. I wish there was some way to make the game work like it did when late night came out but still have all the stuff that we have now with Pets and so on. Please tell if you been working on this problem to maybe we can get some people working together and fix this problem since EA isn't. Also others post your Error messages in your Sims 3 folder and also post your console messages you can find that in your utilities folder on your mac so we can see what your mac was doing before the error popped up. SO LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER PEOPLE AND HAVE SOME FUN AND GET OUR GAMES WORKING!!! YEAH! :D
  • gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I have had the exception raised error on and off for a long time (a year?) and I do not have Generations, Pets, Town Life, Master BR or Showtime--I have everything else. It always pops up with the question "Would you like to de-bug?" and it doesn't matter if you say yes or no, the game crashes to desk top. I have found that if I keep my caches cleaned out and clean out my cookies every single time before I play that it reduces getting this error. I also keep my disc very clean and clear of dust. I just recently decided to get rid of ALL my CC in my game, including CAP and CC patterns because of game lag. SInce I did that I have not received the exception raised error and it has been about 2 months now. I always report when Cider crashes in the hopes that somebody will notice.. :? Before I did this I also noticed that if I left the disc in and was playing/building a long time, several hours--that I would then receive the message too. After it crashes, clean out your cache files, empty your cookies, clean your disc if you have one and start a new game when you start up again. I can empathize with those people that lost builds etc. That has happened to me many times. This is my equipment if that helps:

IMAC Mac OSX 10.6.7, Snow Leopard
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
    1 processor 2 cores
    4 GB memory
    AT. Radeon HD2600 Pro
  • BeckyhbinksBeckyhbinks Posts: 179 New Member
    edited May 2012
    plumchum wrote:
    ^

do you also have the problem when it shows up as soon as you get to the loading screen.
    please

Yes. I can open the launcher, but right after I press play I get the exception raised error.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2012
    I get them too. I recently added memory, so my new spec are:

2009 iMac
    Mac OSX 10.6.8
    3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GT 130 512 MB graphics card
    1TB hard disk with almost 600 GB space left

My game works fine fully patched up to Generations. Town Life Stuff and anything that came after cause 'exception raised' errors, and the more I add, the worse it gets.
  • kavon646kavon646 Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2012
    HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP I WASNT ABLE TO PLAY SINCE I BOUGHT GENERATIONS WHICH IS THE DAY IT CAME OUT PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • SunshinePuppy13SunshinePuppy13 Posts: 14
    edited May 2012
    I'm having the same problems, and it's getting on my last nerve. It's getting to the point where I don't want to play the game any more because it continues crashing and I lose everything. I've only been (trying to) play for one hour today, and it has now crashed four times. I am getting really tired of it, and I really wish that EA would fix this problem.

Edit: Now it's crashed while I was attempting to save a game to prevent losing anything, resulting in my losing it anyway.
    Post edited by Unknown User on