Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't delete wishlist items?

I just bought some items and I want them gone on my WL, but everytime I try to delete them, it still shows up after I refreshed or gone to another page. I know it's no big deal but I'm a little OCD in that aspect and it's just annoying to look at.

Comments

• Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited April 2012
    They are currently working on the Store for quite some time. We don't know how long, try to be patient, hopefully the changes will solve things and bring improvements :-)
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited April 2012
    I can't delete my wish list items either, and I also can't change the order of the items. I'm sure it's just temporary.
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited April 2012
    Can't delete anything from my wishlist either, hope it gets fixed soon :)
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited April 2012
    i had this before what i did was delete every single item, then before reloading the page, clear out the cache on your web browser, then reload sometimes that works sometimes it doesnt, i had to try it twice it worked the second time.
  • Options
    SadistwitchSadistwitch Posts: 814 New Member
    edited April 2012
    krimsonnox........that is what i read the fix is also. i am having this problem too and going to try that.

however, somedays deleting items works and some days it does not. it DOES depend on whatever work they are doing to the store. so annoying.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have tried 4 different browsers and the ineternet on my phone now with no luck :( I can't be bothered anymore but at least should some one gift me something on my list there will be no risk of double buying as I don't put repeats etc. on my list
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    AnnieJinAnnieJin Posts: 141
    edited April 2012
    Alright thanks for all the comments. Hopefully EA will fix it soon.
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    edited April 2012
    Logged out, my wishlist is 6 items. Logged in, it's 8. I am not sure what other members see?

Last time I needed to delete and reorder my list, I had to use IE. I normally use Chrome but deleting and dragging and dropping were not working so I tried it in IE. I eventually got it to work by deleting everything, clearing cache, then putting everything back on the list, then putting them in order. Then when I used Chrome again, the deleted items stayed deleted.

I've been trying that again for two days now and it's not working this time. :(

But it is very weird that logged out, my list does not show the items I have been trying to delete but logged in, they are still there. *shrug*

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Nothing is working for me, won't delete anything. will try again tomorrow maybe? Grrrrrrrrrrr! Also, I was NEVER able to move things around within the list. I see the arrows, and how to do it, but this function has never worked for me. Anyone else have this?
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2012
    Nothing is working for me, won't delete anything. will try again tomorrow maybe? Grrrrrrrrrrr! Also, I was NEVER able to move things around within the list. I see the arrows, and how to do it, but this function has never worked for me. Anyone else have this?

I always had to change my browser from IE9 to IE7 whenever it was time for the ole switcharoo on my WL. Using the F12 button ;)

Site update busted that, too, though. :roll: :x
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited April 2012
    you need to delete every thing on the wishlist at the same time :) I had a friend with this issue and ended up cleaning it for her after she had tried everything :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited April 2012
    You aren't alone.
  • Options
    8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited April 2012

I was able to move things around, but I can't even do this know. This problem for me started before the problem about deleting.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    jacqpinks wrote:
    you need to delete every thing on the wishlist at the same time :) I had a friend with this issue and ended up cleaning it for her after she had tried everything :)

Hon, I did this like 17 times, using both IE and Google Chrome, different computers, on different days.....wiping the cache 100 different times in 30 different ways. The problem lies with EA's bugged out website. I keep trying, and checking back here to see if someone finally got it to work. I am trying to wipe out like 70 items too, not 3.

I thought I had it fixed last night, Google Chrome had my items wiped out, and automatically logged me off the site. As soon as I logged back in, the items came right back. also.....ranting on here is keeping me from hurting meself over this LOL.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    murfeel wrote:

I always had to change my browser from IE9 to IE7 whenever it was time for the ole switcharoo on my WL. Using the F12 button ;)

Site update busted that, too, though. :roll: :x

I believe you, but that's so silly, that should not have to happen.
  • Options
    pandachutepandachute Posts: 589 New Member
    edited April 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    I can't delete my wish list items either, and I also can't change the order of the items. I'm sure it's just temporary.

I've never been able to change the order of items :|
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited April 2012
    I can't delete my wishlist items either, tried both IE and Chrome.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited April 2012
    If you have items on your list that you have bought (or been gifted) and they show up with the blue instead of green, no one else sees those, it is annoying, but they aren't any trouble.
  • Options
    charliejongcharliejong Posts: 907 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm having this same problem. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to give up. Why hasn't a Guru acknowledged this yet?
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited April 2012
    Gurus, please fix this!! :evil: It really bugs me, I want to organize my wishlist.
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited April 2012
    Please, could one of the Sim Gurus respond to this thread to let us know what's going on, if the WL issue IS being worked on or not?

Please!?!

I'd like to organize my wishlist, I'd like to be able to delete items I'm gifted/buy myself, off of it as well. Seems like a lot of people (if not everyone) is having this problem.

So...Could we PLEASE get some feedback from the store team, on it?
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited April 2012
    I just deleted something from my wish list and it worked. hugs
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2012
    I can't delete wishlist items either. I use Firefox, so it doesn't seem to be a browser problem as others have said they use IE or Chrome.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    schattendiebschattendieb Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2012
    I can't delete anything either nor can I change the order. I tried it in Firefox under Linux and Windows and Midori (Linux).
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2012
    Add me to the list of people who can't edit their wishlist. :(