Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin I never did get that darn 8 seater pram made in time :mrgreen:

I have a question which may be dumb but Idont care, as I dont know the answer

You have a Sims town full of families and you mainly plly one and then decide
    to go into another one and play them.... Now this is my question

How come when you go in even if they are really reach they normally dont have jobs
    and if they do they dont have any skills at all I went into one
    family and gave them a chess table weights painting easle etc and never played
    them for 4 days to see what would happen. Not one of them gained a skill point.

Is just the way the beast works. If your not playing them they are not gaining skill points likely wont get a job if they dont hve one and likely wont get married
    etc.
    Thanks if your still awake after reading this

• aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    45rpm wrote:
    Hi Aarin I never did get that darn 8 seater pram made in time :mrgreen:

I have a question which may be dumb but Idont care, as I dont know the answer

You have a Sims town full of families and you mainly plly one and then decide
    to go into another one and play them.... Now this is my question

How come when you go in even if they are really reach they normally dont have jobs
    and if they do they dont have any skills at all I went into one
    family and gave them a chess table weights painting easle etc and never played
    them for 4 days to see what would happen. Not one of them gained a skill point.

Is just the way the beast works. If your not playing them they are not gaining skill points likely wont get a job if they dont hve one and likely wont get married
    etc.
    Thanks if your still awake after reading this

Story progression does not feel compelled to actually "play" the sims you are not playing, which is why they don't have any jobs or skills most of the time. I have noticed story progression ravaging some of my previously played families, that I had switched over from when everyone was at the top of their career, only to come back and they're working part time instead!!

While story progression may muck with occupations, in my experience, it has never skilled up any sims. And skills themselves don't seem to matter in regards to promotions in-game with sims that are inactive. That means, your boss at work could have absolutely no skills necessary for the job they hold and once you change active households to that sim, they may actually start getting demoted because they don't have the necessary skills.

Tis indeed the nature of the beast.
  • marty38marty38 Posts: 550 Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    lilybob wrote:
    If you switch to windowed mode, will it make the game faster? or at least faster enough to matter?

Depends. Why don't you try it and find out? I run my business in windowed mode because I have to if I want to use my two monitors (a bit rubbish if you ask me.) Others have reported that running in windowed mode has increased their game's performance, while I have heard the vice versa as well. Just test it out and if you don't like it, turn it off.

Hi Aarin

Trying not to create a pyramid here...I run in windowed cos its the only way my laptop will let me play the game.

martyxxx
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited August 2009
    Does the Compressorizer work for Store Items?
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin, I have a question. So, my legacy founder died at 91 days old, but she was maxed out in athletic skills and had the marathon runner thing because she jogged over 500 kilometers. The description of the marathon runner challenge says that she would live a long life, so I'm really not sure why she kicked the bucket so soon. Her husband died 2 days prior and she was still heartbroken when she expired. Could that have something to do with it or is the marathon runner challenge glitched?
    thanks
    edited August 2009
    SimCrazy wrote:
    Does the Compressorizer work for Store Items?

Yes.
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ooh Thanks so much aarin!
    edited August 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    Hi Aarin, I have a question. So, my legacy founder died at 91 days old, but she was maxed out in athletic skills and had the marathon runner thing because she jogged over 500 kilometers. The description of the marathon runner challenge says that she would live a long life, so I'm really not sure why she kicked the bucket so soon. Her husband died 2 days prior and she was still heartbroken when she expired. Could that have something to do with it or is the marathon runner challenge glitched?
    thanks

Age meter and other such details are a mere suggestion, not a rule of thumb.

Heartbroken does nothing but provide a negative moodlet, afaik. It does make for great story telling though.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    debra1970p wrote:
    thanks

Age meter and other such details are a mere suggestion, not a rule of thumb.

Heartbroken does nothing but provide a negative moodlet, afaik. It does make for great story telling though.

Okay, thanks
  • CherryWillCherryWill Posts: 130 New Member
    edited August 2009
    hey aarin
    why don't other sims in my neighborhood get married....they just have babies but the babies only have one parent
    edited August 2009
    CherryWill wrote:
    hey aarin
    why don't other sims in my neighborhood get married....they just have babies but the babies only have one parent

Story progression not doing a great job, most likely. Get a core mod like indie stone to solve this issue. (Whether or not indie stone has been updated for 1.3 is an entirely different discussion. Read all the documentation before installing core mods.)
  • Casil1Casil1 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I had a bookmarked page that had all the CC hairs released and the download place, but my mom deleted all my "worthless" bookmarks, so I now don't have it. :/

Is there a chance you have the link?
    Thanks.
    edited August 2009
    Casil1 wrote:
    I had a bookmarked page that had all the CC hairs released and the download place, but my mom deleted all my "worthless" bookmarks, so I now don't have it. :/

Thanks.

http://trinity2oo5.vox.com/

Old hair thread directs to this link anyway, so I just saved you a step.
  • prettyme09prettyme09 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin,

Your posts are very helpful... I need your help.

I tried downloading other hairstyles from peggyzone and did all the correct instructions but still the hair doesn't show up in my game.

I put the Resource.cfg in Programfiles/EA/TheSims3
    Then the .package files in Programfiles/Ea/TheSims3/Mods/Package

Everything is in order but it didn't work... I just notice that when I extract the file Resource.cfg the icon appears as Microsoft Outlook... I hope you can help me... I am dying to have new hairstyles and can't even buy simpoints at the Store using my credit card and I dont know why...

Please help me...

thanks in advance... :)
    edited August 2009
    I do not troubleshoot CC.

Others may be willing to come here and help you. For the most part, I am sure anyone who DOES come here will just direct you to this link anyway: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73573.page
  • prettyme09prettyme09 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin,

Your posts are very helpful... However, I need some help from you.

I downloaded hairstyles from the peggyzone and I did all the correct instruction on how to install it.

Resource.cfg => Program files/EA/TheSims3 folder
    .package file => Program files/EA/TheSims3/Mod/Package

But then, it didn't work. I notice that when I extract the file Resource.cfg into this folder, the icon is in microsoft outlook.

I hope you can help me as I am dying to have a new hairstyle... I tried purchasing simpoints from The Store using my credit card and it keeps on rejecting my card even if I already laid it down to the Sims3 team and accdg to them I need to contact the provider of my card. My visa credit card is working here in the Philippines and whenever I tried to purchase simspoint, the website doesn't accept it.

I hope you can help me as I am dying to purchase a lot of things in the The Store...

Thanks in advance... :-)
  • pon_zi1592pon_zi1592 Posts: 291 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hello aarin,

I was wondering, is there any custom content that has caused problems in your game and you wouldn't recommend downloading?
    edited August 2009
    pon_zi1592 wrote:
    Hello aarin,

I was wondering, is there any custom content that has caused problems in your game and you wouldn't recommend downloading?

A lot of the conversion hair from TS2 doesn't break your game per se, but they were shoddily converted, so the hair itself may not look great outside of CAS (or even in CAS sometimes). Otherwise, there's nothing that stands out in my mind that should be avoided.
  • Casil1Casil1 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Casil1 wrote:

Thanks.

http://trinity2oo5.vox.com/

Old hair thread directs to this link anyway, so I just saved you a step.

Thank you very much!
    :]
  • Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    Is it just me, or is 153 and 154 broken? Well, it's in the title, but I'm kind of hoping more posts will push it to the next page, which will hopefully work...so there's a good chance nobody will see this.
  • AlexlockzAlexlockz Posts: 205 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin i need help with Error 12

while trying to save

can you help ?

edited August 2009
    Taylor0628 wrote:
    Is it just me, or is 153 and 154 broken? Well, it's in the title, but I'm kind of hoping more posts will push it to the next page, which will hopefully work...so there's a good chance nobody will see this.

Last two or three pages are permanently broken. It is a set number of posts that have been deleted improperly or lost to a server restart, so they stay idle at the end of the thread. There is nothing I, nor even the mods I think, can do about it without a forum server restart or someone manually coming in and trying to recover the lost posts or properly get rid of them.
    edited August 2009
    Alexlockz wrote:
    aarin i need help with Error 12

while trying to save

can you help ?

If you have read my short troubleshooting check list/guide located on the first page and your problem is still present, please go to the troubleshooting forum. There is nothing I can do.
  • goldlabpupgoldlabpup Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think your missinng the answer for is it possible to have mixed gender multiples. Well, I just did. I had two girls and a boy. The father thought she would have a boy and so mum ate 6 watermellons. However I am unsure if this works for twins. So what I'm trying to say is it's possible but I'm not sure if the method I used works everytime.
    edited August 2009
    goldlabpup wrote:
    I think your missinng the answer for is it possible to have mixed gender multiples. Well, I just did. I had two girls and a boy. The father thought she would have a boy and so mum ate 6 watermellons. However I am unsure if this works for twins. So what I'm trying to say is it's possible but I'm not sure if the method I used works everytime.

I tested a mixed gender twins/triplet bug (in the capacity of needing a doctor to determine gender) along with video evidence a few weeks ago. I simply have not updated the first page to reflect this.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/68047.page
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top