Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why must The Sims Team do this?

Comments

• Options
    DglfDglf Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2009
    Don't like it don't buy it.
  • Options
    HypesesHypeses Posts: 171 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Penelope wrote:
    I like the direction Sims 3 is going. The only way I'll be disappointed is if the EPs were full of rabbit holes like the mausoleum in Sunset Valley (places you can watch your Sim walk into, but you can't follow them).

I'll bet we'll get the rabbit holes. [and maybe a cut scene, if we're lucky].

If you think it'll nose-dive like your sims3 did, read two opposing reviews [one praising it, one destroying it] and make a choice to get or not get.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2009
    This type of game is not new.

Back in the days of Sims1, Makin Magic had sub-games, as did Superstar.

So what if this EP has m.in.i.-gam.es like in S1? I liked having the option to do them or not; I never did any of that magic stuff but I did enjoy the new stuff in the game.

edit: why does mi.ni.ga.mes. (spelled normally of course) come up censored??

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    BlondeGoddess20BlondeGoddess20 Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2009
    Doesn't anybody ever read the whole post before they reply? He said that he was going to buy it ANYWAY, just like over half of the people who say that they don't want it.
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Zolt65 wrote:

So what if this EP has m.in.i.-gam.es like in S1? I liked having the option to do them or not; I never did any of that magic stuff but I did enjoy the new stuff in the game.

Because of the "N", "I", "G" and the "A" in the middle :P
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited August 2009
    4katsuki wrote:
    Zolt65 wrote:

Because of the "N", "I", "G" and the "A" in the middle :P

:lol: Silly censoring...
  • Options
    WonderObeliskWonderObelisk Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Dear person who started this thread:

Stop complaining please. There are going to be adventuring themes to this game but it's also another way to reintroduce vacations and the possibility to play the sims in a more diverse world with different cultures than the suburban pleasantview map. The expansion has some adventures elements to it, but I doubt it's *all* about adventure.

France seems like more of a vacation spot than and adventure spot, because I'm pretty sure French people would be annoyed to have some random tourist begin to excavate their home or dodge darts in their hotel room.

And if people are are angry about the possibility of this being a vacation rehash then I'd appreciate it if they woke up.

The sims three is missing so many features from the old games that rehashes are inevitable. I feel like the primary invetion of the sims 3 was to introduce the seamless neighborhood and to introduce a game about living and aging that could grow efficiently along with being upgraded grahically. An expansion couldn't completely revamp the game engine, so they had to restart with a third game.

So now that we have a much better base game than the sims 2 by itself, I want to see pets. I want to see Seasons. And yes, I want vacations too.
  • Options
    BeechwellBeechwell Posts: 292 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Zolt65 wrote:

My beef is not so much that it has mini games, but that the gameplay seems to be completely removed from the usual lives of the Sims. Plus I can't imagine those "quests" being interesting once you did them the first time (withholding definite judgment until we see the EP at work of course).
    Superstar, and to an extend also Magic tied in with the lives of the Sims. You got to control them at work and make them rich and famous; or live Sim lives of sorcerers.
    I don't see how WorldAdventures will tie in with the rest of the game at all, and what thrill those adventures can be when you have seen all the locations already.

EDIT: maybe mini games as one word in censored because it contains ni.ga?
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Stop complaining please. There are going to be adventuring themes to this game but it's also another way to reintroduce vacations and the possibility to play the sims in a more diverse world with different cultures than the suburban pleasantview map. The expansion has some adventures elements to it, but I doubt it's *all* about adventure.

France seems like more of a vacation spot than and adventure spot, because I'm pretty sure French people would be annoyed to have some random tourist begin to excavate their home or dodge darts in their hotel room.

And if people are are angry about the possibility of this being a vacation rehash then I'd appreciate it if they woke up.

The sims three is missing so many features in the old games that rehashes are inevitable. I feel like the primary invetion of the sims 3 was to introduce the seamless neighborhood and to introduce a game about living and aging that could grow efficiently along with being upgraded grahically. An expansion couldn't completely revamp the game engine, so they had to restart with a third game.

So now that we have a much better base game than the sims 2 by itself, I want to see pets. I want to see Seasons. And yes, I want vacations too.

Well it has been mentioned in interviews that the adventure in France will be searching the catacombs for treasure... :x
    I still stand by what I said earlier. At the moment this expansion is not looking remotley like a sims game. But my view may change. Everyone has a right to complain. Just how you have the right to complain about me complaining. :wink:
  • Options
    TheWrongLaneTheWrongLane Posts: 70 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Personally, I think this expansion pack sounds great. Nobody's forcing anybody to get it, but it's being manufactured, and some people are excited about it.

People did this with TS3, I was here when people did non-stop complaining about the idea of TS3. I know several people who love the game when they were completely retaliating against it. It seems this happens with every EP/continuation of the franchise. I remember when people whined about Nightlife.

*shrug*
    I'm excited for the pack, and like I said, nobody's making anybody buy it..
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:

The sims three is missing so many features in the old games that rehashes are inevitable. I feel like the primary invetion of the sims 3 was to introduce the seamless neighborhood and to introduce a game about living and aging that could grow efficiently along with being upgraded grahically. An expansion couldn't completely revamp the game engine, so they had to restart with a third game.

Well it has been mentioned in interviews that the adventure in France will be searching the catacombs for treasure... :x
    I still stand by what I said earlier. At the moment this expansion is not looking remotley like a sims game. But my view may change. Everyone has a right to complain. Just how you have the right to complain about me complaining. :wink:

If they're introducing an 'adventurer career', than I think you can have opportunities to search for treasure everywhere, including pleasantview.

Wouldn't it be nice to finally see whose yellow eyes in the abandoned mine shaft belong to? ;)

*Edited for typos. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:

If they're introducing an'advunterer career', than think you can have opportunities to search for treasure evrywhere, including pleasantview.

Wouldn't it be nice to finally see whose yellow eyes in the abandoned mine shaft belong to? ;)

I suppose...
    But I would still rather keep the "sim" feel to the game. :?
  • Options
    cyberkittycyberkitty Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Honestly I'm looking forward to the new expansion pack and I have to agree that it would be annoying if they released expansion packs that are similar to the sims 1 and 2.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:

If they're introducing an'advunterer career', than think you can have opportunities to search for treasure evrywhere, including pleasantview.

I suppose...

I think it will still have the sims feel, and you'll only get the adventure experience by choosing that career path wheras normal sims can just vacation there.

But I honestly don't know, so if it does force your sims to adventure for treasure than I think your complaints are justified.

Regardless, I'm excited for being able to take my sim to China. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:

I suppose...

I think it will still have the sims feel, and you'll only get the adventure experience by choosing that career path wheras normal sims can just vacation there.

But I honestly don't know, so if it does force your sims to adventure for treasure than I think your complaints are justified.

Regardless, I'm excited for being able to take my sim to China. [/quote]

Its not that I hate the idea, I just hate that it is probably going to be compulsary. But thats just what I'm getting from the interviews. If you get to choose wether to do all these mini games then I'm fine with it! But as long as its a choice. I just hope we are able to go to all these places without having to do those silly quests.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Where the games mandatory in Bon Voyage? I don't think so but I've never actually played that expansion.
  • Options
    elainawainaelainawaina Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im actually excited about the adventures. :oops:
    I guess because it reminds me of Fable II and I absolutely loved that game!
    Its hard to see our game go in a different direction because we've been attached for so long lol but as long as the adventures are optional I'll buy it just for the furniture and clothes (they better have TONS!) :D
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    For me i cant wait for this ep to come out. Not everyone is going to like the idea of it. You dont have to buy it if you dont like the sound of it.
  • Options
    subzerosubzero Posts: 138 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I totally agree with you, doodlesam. It seems that the Sims 3 is becoming a collect-a-thon adventure game rather than a simulation game. Adventures are cool but there shouldn't be an entire EP focused on them, they could be combined with vacation
  • Options
    planieguyplanieguy Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm very dissapointed that it's going to be all about adventures like an adventure game. Like you said, The Sims is a SIMulator. It's not the Legend of Zelda. >_>

To be honest, I wish Will still worked on the Sims.
  • Options
    The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :?
    subzero wrote:
    I totally agree with you, doodlesam. It seems that the Sims 3 is becoming a collect-a-thon adventure game rather than a simulation game. Adventures are cool but there shouldn't be an entire EP focused on them, they could be combined with vacation
    that is what they r doing *facepalm* :|
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bump
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, I hope the EP isn't all about adventure and that it'll give our sims a choice between a vacation and a quest.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2009
    Actually this is the Sims game Will Wright wanted us to have and apparently you do not play Sims 1 Makin Magic as it was all about puzzles, questions and hunting down things. When Will Wright used to talk about the Making of the Sims (prior to the game coming out) especially on the interview with A & E, this is precisely the vision he saw for the Sims and why he ended the Sims 1 series with the Superstar and Making Magic as both incorporated this, but especially Making Magic. It was the most fun ep of all the Sims 3 eps and I wouldn't have given it up ever had it not been for the fact there weren't genes and generations.

I am totally excited for this very excellent idea expanding on the very games creators ideas. That has to be respected too, you know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Bump