Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why must The Sims Team do this?

Why?
Why do they have to take a game we all respect and love and twist it into something different?

This World adventures doesn't seem like a sims game to me.

The sims is NOT a role playing game. It is not a game where you have to do missions and quests or solve puzzles or even search for treasure chests!

That was not what the sims was designed to be! It was designed to be a simulation.
I don't know about you guys. But I certainly do not spend my holidays traveling to Egypt and searching for treasure.

If this was designed to be a holiday pack I would think it was brilliant!
But these adventures?! No thankyou...

EA have done it again! Do you guys know Spore?
Yeah well guess what the first expansion was...?

Spore Galactic Adventures!

They did the exact same thing to Spore. They changed the concept of the game. The sims is not about doing quests...it about doing what you want to do!
Anyway thats my little rant.
Sorry everyone! :)

BUT...Of course I'll still buy the game mainly because I'm a sim fan! :D But also to see what its like. I maybe completly wrong about the expansion being terrible! :? I'll just wait and see. I won't make my final dudgement until I've played the game. :)

So what do you guys think about this upcoming "adventure" pack?

Comments

• SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited August 2009
    I completely agree with you. But look at it this way. You don't HAVE to go hunting! Just install it and enjoy the new interactions, traits, objects, etc.
    I have University for Sims 2, but never, ever sent a sim to college!
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Snooty wrote:
    I completely agree with you. But look at it this way. You don't HAVE to go hunting! Just install it and enjoy the new interactions, traits, objects, etc.
    I have University for Sims 2, but never, ever sent a sim to college!

Thats quite a good idea!
  • BeechwellBeechwell Posts: 292 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately, I even have to agree with you. From all I've heard so far, it's gonna be an unexciting adventure romp that just uses Sims characters and interface. I still hope I'm wrong though, and there will be some things in the EP that will enhance the standard game play.

But Galactic Adventures changing Spore's concept actually sounds quite good. Maybe it is worth checking out after all.
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Beechwell wrote:
    But Galactic Adventures changing Spore's concept actually sounds quite good. Maybe it is worth checking out after all.

LMAO that's what I thought. Spore sux0red so horribly that any change would have been better :lol:
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2009
    I completely disagree, it time for something new. Not anyone liked what the sims 2 had to offer and the sims has always have roleplaying elements from the start. Being a open ended game they can add anything they see fit. I think someone on this forum said it best. They are not tailoring this game for a few but for all. If it not what you want don't buy it. it's that simple.
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited August 2009
    I LIKE the new Expansion idea. I was so SICK with Sims 2 regurgitating all the Sims 1 expansions. I like that they are braving new ideas and expansions. I'd rather Adventures be something new and fail then the same old thing from Sims 1 & 2. If they release Hot Date/Nightlife or Pets again I think I will drive to Austin just to Vomit on EA's door step.

The only expansions I never bought for Sims 1 or Sims 2 was Vacation. I'm actually looking forward to World Adventures.
    edited August 2009
    Beechwell wrote:

LMAO that's what I thought. Spore sux0red so horribly that any change would have been better :lol:

Okay, Well maybe Spore wasn't the best example seeing as the change of gameplay did make it better. :lol:
  • KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree ): But we don't know what the game will be like yet. Hopefully it will be more open-ended.
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree, but lets get one thing straight. :3

Maxis runs and develops Spore, EA runs and develops Sims.
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:

EA owns Maxis...
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

EA owns Maxis...

Yes, but the Maxis team runs Spore, not EA. As in, EA is in charge of Maxis, but not how they make Spore.
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

EA owns Maxis...

Yes, but the Maxis team runs Spore, not EA. As in, EA is in charge of Maxis, but not how they make Spore.

And EA owns The Sims team...
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

EA owns Maxis...

Which has to do with Maxis... how? Maxis is no longer a part of The Sims team.
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

EA owns Maxis...

Which has to do with Maxis... how? Maxis is no longer a part of The Sims team.

I know. I was just speaking of EA as a whole.
    And EA CAN have a lot of imput in some games disigns.
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    Why?
    Why do they have to take a game we all respect and love and twist it into something different?

The sims is NOT a role playing game. It is not a game where you have to do missions and quests or solve puzzles or even search for treasure chests!

That was not what the sims was designed to be! It was designed to be a simulation.
    I don't know about you guys. But I certainly do not spend my holidays traveling to Egypt and searching for treasure.

They did the exact same thing to Spore. They changed the concept of the game. The sims is not about doing quests...it about doing what you want to do!

BUT...Of course I'll still buy the game mainly because I'm a sim fan! :D But also to see what its like. I maybe completly wrong about the expansion being terrible! :? I'll just wait and see. I won't make my final dudgement until I've played the game. :)

Agreed.
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    Why?

Agreed. But I guess we'll see.
  • Ellie1986Ellie1986 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I really don't like this idea either. If I wanted to do quests I would play World of Warcraft. Leave my Sims alone! If this continues to seem like it will completely ****, I'm just going to wait until the next expansion pack and skip this one.
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ellie1986 wrote:
    I really don't like this idea either. If I wanted to do quests I would play World of Warcraft. Leave my Sims alone! If this continues to seem like it will completely ****, I'm just going to wait until the next expansion pack and skip this one.

There are already quests in the game. They are called opportunities. For most part I ignore them.
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well i quite like what the game is 'turning' into :p adventures sounds fun. Ive been making my sims eat,sleep,work and 'accidently' die for the last 10 or so years since i was about 6 years old :p :shock: so..a change like adventures would be nice..
  • TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Since the game is made primarily for one household, it needs adventures or quest, to keep it from getting boring. I like the indiana Jones feeling to this.
  • Proverb87Proverb87 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited August 2009
    I say you are jumping the gun! Play it or hear the reviews of others who have played it before you form an opinion one way or the other. You DON'T know what it is going to be like.

I think it it going to have some awesome content.
  • benbobbenbob Posts: 152 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It still is a game that you can do what you want in, you can go on adventures if you want but you don't have to.
    Personally I think quests was an AMAZING idea it gives us something to do.
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2009
    benbob wrote:
    It still is a game that you can do what you want in, you can go on adventures if you want but you don't have to.
    Personally I think quests was an AMAZING idea it gives us something to do.

totally agree with you.
  • SPARTAN_GUNNERSPARTAN_GUNNER Posts: 72 New Member
    edited August 2009
    heres a link to my thread which also has a link to an interview by ign about world adventures

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/81992.page
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2009
    I like the direction Sims 3 is going. The only way I'll be disappointed is if the EPs were full of rabbit holes like the mausoleum in Sunset Valley (places you can watch your Sim walk into, but you can't follow them).