Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It... might be fun....

I don't know, I've never been a fan of the adventure expansion packs... I always felt they detracted from the true nature of the game.

It seems The Sims has always been about advising your Sims to me, choosing their clothes and looks, creating their house, telling them how to survive and succeed in whichever way you see fit, a third person aspect.

But the adventure serious always pulled you down into a first/second person approach with your Sims, instead of a broad adventure of life it's not let's explore this, or see that. It just seems like a skin-layered expansion rather than the deep ones others gave.

I mean if I suddenly decided I'm not so much a fan of The Sims right now, and I'd like to play an adventure game then yeah this would probably be ok, but motive management is so annoying when your trying to adventure...

Comments

• qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2009
    I think some times it's nice to have a little break from the advising of the sims to just play a game or a mini game so I'm kind of excited for the new EP but I would have preferred Seasons
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • nickistanickista Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im not to excited for it becuase Id rather have a expansion that affects household game play. If you havent noticed the game is missing a lot of objects like a piano or hot tubs. Id rather an expansion like Seasons or Pets that really affects the household gameplay and doesnt just add zones.
  • kethry89kethry89 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have to agree. While I usually get the expansions, I find that after the "newness" wears off, I don't send my Sims on vacations. That's not what the game is about for me. I'd rather see game play changes, an expansion like University, Hot Date, something like those. I'd like to see online dating added to the game. (all the sims my sims meet "on the street" turn out to be married or in a relationship already)

I'd also like to be able to explore the buildings in town more. I want to see the inside of City Hall or the restaurants, or the school.

Pets would be nice, but with the gardening skill, how about adding farm animals? Cows, horses to ride, chickens or pigs to take care of.

And DEFINATELY bring back the piano!!!

• CaptainToastyCaptainToasty Posts: 437 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't think I'll get this one, and I have every EP since TS1!

I never really liked the vacation EP's, except I did like the tanning feature from Bon Voyage
  • EastTexasRedHeadEastTexasRedHead Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    nickista wrote:
    Im not to excited for it becuase Id rather have a expansion that affects household game play. If you havent noticed the game is missing a lot of objects like a piano or hot tubs. Id rather an expansion like Seasons or Pets that really affects the household gameplay and doesnt just add zones.

I agree!

But as far as this EP goes, I'm wondering...the second screenshot they have in the announcement post of the EP, it shows the female Sim inside what looks like a tomb or something. Does that mean we will actually be able to "follow" our sims into places, or will they be more "rabbit holes"? This was something I found annoying about the release of the Sims3...they showed screenshots that were misleading. Even the opening of the game shows a guy inside a gym working out. Not the way it is in the game.
  • Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also agree about adding more to the home game play over giving us exotic locations to visit.

I was hoping the first Sims 3 ep would be about either weather and/or season changes or adding pets, or even something like Open For Business, where our Sims can sell pretty much anything. And let's not forget about those boring "rabbit holes"! There are many more interesting changes/additions that would go over much better than a "vacations" ep right off the bat!

And we're still waiting for that promised Neighborhood tool!
  • samwuvssimssamwuvssims Posts: 128 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, the tomb thing is maybe the only one we can actually see our sims in when they are inside. Maybe there are only a few but not all.

This game is not looking to good for me...yet. Yeah, I agree with someone that said that the EPs should take part in household things. This soon-to-be-released EP is like Bon Voyage...is EA running out of ideas?? :(
  • lmsmbulfroglmsmbulfrog Posts: 793 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Even the opening of the game shows a guy inside a gym working out. Not the way it is in the game.

Little off topic .. you do know you can follow them to the gym and control them inside right? The only buildings that you can't get into are career buildings. But places like the gym, library, public pool etc you can.

Ok back on topic. I must admit that this seems to me like a sort of let down. I agree with the poster that said they wanted something the changed household gameplay. This is the first XP where I'm actually contemplating not getting it. I guess for me it will come down to what sort of items come in it to see if it will be worth while, as it is going on vacation er.. "adventures" is not enough to draw me in. But I hold judgment until I see more information... well if we get more information.
  • babybadoobabybadoo Posts: 453 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Personally, I am thrilled with this expansion pack. But it could be because I love other cultures and am a history/art history buff... I don't know, I think the sims does need more culture in it and this expansion pack does just that! Learn to love other cultures... I'm excited to decorate my house with stuff other than modern/same American/Western Europe crap for everything.

:]
  • shboogiesshboogies Posts: 231 Member
    edited August 2009
    Like others, the vacation expansions are usually my least favorite, but oh well. This may surprise us. I was hoping more so for a Nightlife type deal that would expand more on building relationships, attraction, etc. I really miss those little lightning bults! :(
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    kethry89 wrote:
    I have to agree. While I usually get the expansions, I find that after the "newness" wears off, I don't send my Sims on vacations. That's not what the game is about for me. I'd rather see game play changes, an expansion like University, Hot Date, something like those. I'd like to see online dating added to the game. (all the sims my sims meet "on the street" turn out to be married or in a relationship already)

I'd also like to be able to explore the buildings in town more. I want to see the inside of City Hall or the restaurants, or the school.

Pets would be nice, but with the gardening skill, how about adding farm animals? Cows, horses to ride, chickens or pigs to take care of.

And DEFINATELY bring back the piano!!!

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing, although I'm trying
    really hard to be optimistic... :wink:
  • KayleeMay16KayleeMay16 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree, i think that there are a lot more interesting topics than vacationing/adverting (whatever you want to call it). EA could have done so much better on Sims 3 alone, no pianos (which was a big bummer for me), no hot tubs, and it was really horrible not being able to go into stores and things like that. I have to say if I was going to make an ep for Sims 3 i would have done something more fun like pets or seasons, apartment life was kinda fun,also nightlife (vampires were sooo cool) because if you had pets and seasons you could have been able to do more fun things like walk the dog in the snow :D I think that this ep won't really be that interesting let alone all that fun. (This is my opinion of course) I also hope that there won't only be like 2/4 places that you can go, i want choices and by the looks of it there will only be 3.
  • VirdogVirdog Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would have much preferred Seasons or Pets or even... GASP... filling in the empty buildings in the game! :)
  • MissBeckersMissBeckers Posts: 1,058 New Member
    edited August 2009
    oh yes, seasons, i would love that !
  • vellucciovelluccio Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm grateful for any expansions and though I'm excited about this expansion pack, I'd really be interested in a Creator's Pack. Even as a stand-alone program. I'm itching to get in there and really customize, morph, recolor, reconfigure and create my sims' world without constraints.
  • CheranBCheranB Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons would have been my choice too or something with vampires and magic have always missed making magic since TS1 but will still probably get this one too since I have them all.
  • BlondeGoddess20BlondeGoddess20 Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2009
    velluccio wrote:
    I'm grateful for any expansions and though I'm excited about this expansion pack, I'd really be interested in a Creator's Pack. Even as a stand-alone program. I'm itching to get in there and really customize, morph, recolor, reconfigure and create my sims' world without constraints.

creator's pack would be awesome!
  • nickistanickista Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I still think we should have the first expansion be something that affects overall household game play. I believe that Sims always has and always SHOULD be centered around the household. ADVENTURES just doesnt sound appealing to me.
  • ZebratiZebrati Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I dont know if they dont tell more about it that would make it seem like anything other than a bunch of famous places to go and the new ability to take photos Im not buying.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This EP was not what I was anticipating would be the first EP up for grabs. I was hoping something more on the lines like the previous posters have commented on… something to enhance the current household game play. Vacation (if it is indeed one) packs are not my thing and I didn’t purchase BV for my Sims2 game.

But I shall keep an opened mind about this new EP and wait to see what other info comes out. And I might wait for other people to play it first to decide upon it myself. : )
  • MalinneMalinne Posts: 321 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im sure they'll do more EPs after this one so Im happy.
  • MissCalienteMissCaliente Posts: 386 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, moi aussi. I've always seen the Sims games as an outlook on an imaginary world with imaginary people and their lives. I'm more of a "get them married and have kids" or "have the dad cheat on the mom with the aunt" type of player, if it makes any sense. :P Bon Voyage did take the game to a new level, but not the kind of one that I enjoy. I have a feeling that World Adventures will have a similar effect.
  • alexdobeckalexdobeck Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree that Bon Voyage was more of a "side-quest" it added more content, but it was limited and separated from the main spectacle of Sim life.

I had hoped with a new Sims would've come new amazing expansions, much better than the sell-outs and wagon jumping that was in The Sims 2.

I felt all the expansions for the original Sims was worthwhile, I didn't feel pets brought alot but it wasn't horrible, but The Sims 2 was terrible.
    Pets had no real addition to game play much less than any other expansion, Seasons really should have been included in the base game, Bon Voyage was pretty boring, Apartment Life was just felt like they pulled out the dorms from university and just opened them to everyone, though it did have magic it was pretty half-baked, not being nearly as comprehensive as the original sims.

I had just hoped the line-up this time around would be inspired by the genius of Will Wright, rather than by Marketing, I have always believed a quality product will out-sell a brand-name any day.