Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope rabbit holes are not in this EP

I'm sick of them already in the base game, having rabbithole pyramids and eiffel towers would totally ruin it for me.

Comments

• simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Rabbitholes can be fun if you allow it. This expansion pack has to do more with story progression than it does with just looking around. At least that's what I think anyway :!: :D
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree... I just hope I don't
    get bored sending my sims into a
    restaurant or something and
    watching the building while they're
    in there.
    edited August 2009
    Ceeecee3 wrote:
    I agree... I just hope I don't
    get bored sending my sims into a
    restaurant or something and
    watching the building while they're
    in there.
    That's the difference between a boring rabbithole, and a fun one :!: :D
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have to agree with OP, less rabbitholes in eps. In games like GTA which is similiar to the sims 3. To entry a buildings there's a brief load screen. So even if they add a quick load screen, and made the inside of buildings a seperate game I wouldn't mind.
    edited August 2009
    Renyc7 wrote:
    I have to agree with OP, less rabbitholes in eps. In games like GTA which is similiar to the sims 3. To entry a buildings there's a brief load screen. So even if they add a quick load screen, and made the inside of buildings a seperate game I wouldn't mind.
    Sims are nothing like GTA, except for the running around town part. The Sims game are much more of an advanced game series, since you can enter any building. Or even do just about anything in the Sims games, especially S2, and S3. Since they are far more advanced than S1. In the GTA games, you are limited to those buildings that are tied to the story. See the difference between GTA games, and THE Sims games :? :!: :D
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2009
    simdo wrote:
    Renyc7 wrote:
    Sims are nothing like GTA, except for the running around town part. The Sims game are much more of an advanced game series, since you can enter any building. Or even do just about anything in the Sims games, especially S2, and S3. Since they are far more advanced than S1. In the GTA games, you are limited to those buildings that are tied to the story. See the difference between GTA games, and THE Sims games :? :!: :D

So untrue you must don't play many gta games.they are very similar indeed specially gta with the sims 3. remember i stated similar not exactly like, they do focus on different things.

sims being about everyday life and creativity within the game world
    and gta about driving and mission based gameplay
    but they are still both sandbox style and open-ended games.
    making them similar in design not necessary in gameplay.

Also being able to entry any building in a game doesn't make that game more advance, it's a nice option to had though. It gameplay mechanics and in some cases graphics that make a game more advance in my opinion.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well reading the info on this EP they have said that there will be some building we can enter and some will be rabbit holes .

I wonder as well if they have decided on a far east location so they can be cheapskates and use even more objects dragged from TS2