Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your hopes for World Adventures?

So, we all know that the first expansion pack for the Sims 3 will be World Adventures. (If you surprisingly don't know already.. here is the link: http://ea.gamespress.com/link.asp?i=1151&r=1249&r2=9100 )

All we know is that our Sims will be able to explore cities around the world.. so what are you hoping for?

My first thought about this EP was that I want it to be a lot more involved than Bon Voyage was. I hope that our Sims have more to do and interact with and it isn't just a bunch of preset actions. I also hope they include real dating in the game because it mentions in the press release that they can also go on romantic getaways. :wink:

Your thoughts?

Comments

• 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well for one, i want MORE adventures like rainy places snowy places etc..but that would have to include weather which i doubt they will add.. :cry:
  • grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2009
    I would like to go skiing in France so I guess that would mean that we would need snow which would mean that they need to add some weather. Just wishful thinking on my part. I was really hoping for weather before anything else. The everlasting green & sunshine just makes it so hard to put a nice long sleeved outfit on my Sims.

Anyway, it should be fun if they put more interactions and things to do than they had in the other vacation/travel expansions.
  • RaineRaine Posts: 163 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That sounds so amazing... I think that EA shouldn't be so worried about "playing the game on your grandma's computer". I mean, come on, basically all of us got crazy computers to be able to handle Sims 2 with all the EPs, so there's not much worry there...

And since their main focus has been on graphics (and should be on game play as well), they should definitely think about including weather and more destinations.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2009
    Very few rabbit holes if none at all.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited August 2009
    my one hope is that it doesnt su.ck lol.
    im a little dissapointed seeing as were getting 'bon voyage' as our first EP. i was never crazy about the vacation eps.
    but if it at least adds weather and romance interactions, i might buy it (i miss weather!)
  • MoreOrLessMoreOrLess Posts: 279 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Omg I'm sooo excited. At this rate I actually don't care what they do as long as there's more traits, socials, skills, and objects.

But this would be a good time to give us more hair and clothes that we got cheated out of with the store.
  • Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2009
    Im happy with whatever but Im not sure yet..... I really just need more info
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am disappointed right now. I wasn't a fan with the bon voyage. I do like the mention of martial arts in the China spot ... maybe they will get to do martial arts/yoga .....
  • violasrock95violasrock95 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Me too. I hope that either they come with more destinations or we will be able to create our own. I would love to make Valencia, Spain, as I am traveling there next summer. My Sim and I could both be there. It would also be cool if they were more than just vacation neighborhoods. It would be awesome to see my sims traveling to France all the time and then having a wish to move there permenantly.
  • linesal83linesal83 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that yet! :D

I hope it will be as awesome as it sounds. ;) I also hope that it will include new gameplay in the towns as well, so that we don't have to take our Sims traveling to see something new. For example, the possibility to actually use the beaches, go swimming in the ocean, and maybe also use a rowing boat and fish from it.

I also hope our Sims can go hiking/camping not only at the vacation destinies, but also around their own town.
  • Rockermonkey999Rockermonkey999 Posts: 1,953 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hope they can do my laundry and pick up after my dogs. I'm not good with cleaning it up when they go to the bathroom on the floor... *pukes*

Oh, right. I'm not going to hope for anything this soon. I'll then be destined for disappointment.
  • ChessackChessack Posts: 227 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Mehhh... I am not all that jazzed about this. I feel like the current neighborhoods are very small and restrictive compared to how they were in Sims 2 + expansions, especially with the rabbit-holes. I understand it's small because there have not been expansions yet, but I was hoping for a town-expanding expansion, if you take my meaning -- something more along the lines of Night Life, or University, or Open for Business. These things essentially made my neighborhoods "bigger" by putting in more places and more things to do in the neighborhood. Of all the expansions I bought, I think I liked BV the least, and used it by far the least, whereas I got tons of use out of University, NL, and OFB.

I don't think this expansion idea is a bad one... I just question whether this was the best idea to do first. I'd really have rather seen them do something "closer to home" instead.

Now, if the expansion includes the ability to make our own neighborhoods, so we can self-expand our towns, then I would rescind this objection. But as it stands now I really am not thrilled about this as their first choice for an EP.

C
  • MJ902008MJ902008 Posts: 818 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i hope there will be a plane or maybe private jets. i didn't really like bon voyage, i installed it just to have it but i didn't send them on holiday that often.

i also hope that they let you build summer homes and that you can swim in the ocean.
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2009
    I hope there are more than three destinations, overall I just hope that it's packed to bursting point with features.

I'd like to see these destinations:

Forest/Camping destination
    Snowy Mountain destination
    Disneyland type destination
    Holiday Cruise
  • debw1223debw1223 Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2009
    hey guys i saw this link in another thread about the new EP might want to check it out!!
    http://simoperations.com/index.php?page=thesims3/worldadventure
  • GinypumkinGinypumkin Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2009
    Great! Did not play bon voyage so don't know about it, but according to the screenshot we will go to other cities.. How about families ?.? I hope we can go all together. AND I hope we will have new stuff for our regular cities because there are not enough objects in our home to use. I wonder how long will last these adventures, is it expensive, will it have an influence on your career to go. I wanna know mooore :lol:

The screenshot are great I am sure we will get a all bunch of new interactions, and not too mucj rabbit hole according to the pictures we can visit.

Oh yeah and I live in Tokyo so I would have prefer Japan over china. Karaoke, love hotels, shrine, restaurants! I guess I have to be glad France is in it already :mrgreen: (and I love travels so I am very exited wish they add weather though)
  • OGPoohOGPooh Posts: 276 Member
    edited August 2009
    I just hope that the new destinations will add weather.

Oh, and I'd love to see a height slider in CAS.
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hope that there is some weather added in this expansion. It could technically have weather aspects, can't tell you how many time I have gone on vacation somewhere and it rained the whole time, or snowed us in, or was so unbearably hot that I couldn't leave the motel. Will be interesting to see how the expansion pans out.
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ok people, this is nothing like BV. This is not a vacation pack!! It's an adventure pack!