Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for their 100 Sim Points to be credited to their account after registering to the VIP newsletter?
I have contacted EA via email and via the official EA Facebook page but haven't heard a thing back :roll: and I'm still waiting for these elusive sim points! :?

I received the email this morning at 11.38am GMT:

420475_2939449237543_1000518392_32800684_1763586847_n.jpg

Comments

• DevilsAngel66613DevilsAngel66613 Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2012
    How do you sign up for the VIP newsletter?
  • TanyaWhanTanyaWhan Posts: 143 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I followed the link in the email EA sent me. I have also logged a complaint with EA as I'm STILL waiting for those Sim Points!! So are a few other simmers I know :roll:
    edited March 2012
    My amazing chat with 'online live support':Bare in mind I waited quite a while between responses!

You are now ready to chat with Treta.
    you:Hi Treta, please could you take a look at my case 03085748 and advise me. Thank you.
    you:Hello?!
    (*waited 4 minutes for a reply)
    Treta:Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Treta how may I help you?
    you:Hi Treta, please could you take a look at my case 03085748 and advise me. Thank you.
    Treta:I am sorry.
    Treta:I would not be able to open it.
    Treta:Could you please elaborate your issue?
    you:So how can I resolve the outstanding issue?!
    Treta:May I know your issue please?
    you:I received an email 3 days ago with a promotional offer regarding Master Suite Stuff for the Sims 3...offering free sim points to sign up for the sims VIP Newsletter.
    you:I followed the link and registered, which I received a confirmation email back and am still waiting for the promised Sim Points to be credited to my account.
    Treta:Okay.
    Treta:Please allow me some time.
    you:Okay.
    (*waited what seemed like an eternity!)
    you:Is there an email I can forward the original email that I received to you or to someone that can resolve this issue? I have waited 3 days with no reply to the EA official email help.
    you:Sorry I'm not following? Okay what?
    (*waited another god know how long for a reply)
    Treta:I will forward your complaint to the complaint department.
    you:How do I get this resolved without waiting with no replies etc? Do you have a case number and advise me where I can actually contact someone to resolve this issue?
    Treta:It will be forwarded to the higher support.
    you:How would I check on it's progress?
    Treta:You will get the email.
    you:I've had an email and still have the outstanding issue....how long will this take?!
    (*waited 5 minutes for a reply)
    Treta:It will take some time.
    you:Wow. Appalling customer service.
    you:So do you have a case number or a receipt of proof that this has actually been sent to the complaints department?
    (*waited another 5 minutes for a reply)STILL NO REPLY! So I typed the following:
    you:Hello? Are you actually concentrating on one issue here because I am sat here waiting for a response?!(Waited another 4 minutes for a response)
    Treta:Yes.
    Treta:I am here.
    Treta:I have already forwarded the information.
    you:Seen as you haven't actually answered the above question I think you should be included in the complaint; I have sat here waiting for you to actually respond for some time and not only that you haven't answered what I asked prior to this. I look forward to hearing from the complaints team; it can't possibly be as shocking as this!(waited 5 minutes)
    you:If you feel this is good customer service you clearly need more training. I am signing off now. Thanks for referring my issue to the complaints department if you actually have even done that seen as I have no confidence in this 'so called service' at present or any proof that you have indeed done so.

At this point I ended the live chat as it was about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    I am in awe, never have I received such appaling customer service in my life and I'm someone who has a wealth of experience in over 10 years of customer driven roles....this is so bad it's laughable! 44 Minutes in total sat waiting for the above replies.

EA FAIL.
  • KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    edited March 2012
    I too got this e-mail offering simpoints for signing up for the newsletter. A few days later: nothing.

Live chat are never that helpful, they never seem to have any knowledge of the game or any communications players might have been sent. They basically have no idea, as proved in your conversation above.

Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This is the level of service we've come to expect from EA. And it really isn't good enough.
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • anelcaanelca Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2012
    This seems to be the standard nonsensical style of the EA Live Support facility.
    I spent a similar amount of time 'talking' to an advisor about a similar issue.
    The speech pattern is unnatural and the pauses during the conversation are appalling and extremely off-putting.
    This cannot be called anything near Customer Service.
    edited March 2012
    To be honest all I wanted is someone to resolve the outstanding issue, not refer it as a complaint. However after this then yeah I'll complain because this is absolutely ridiculous...lack of anyone official that actually knows how to resolve an issue and stop the customers patience escalating to boiling point would be a good start.
    First rule of customer service is to listen...this inept employee couldn't even get that right! :x

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/508281.page#7869274
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BettySwolluxBettySwollux Posts: 300 Member
    edited March 2012
    I had a pretty large case involving lost simpoints on the store. I could shrug off the odd 100 points here or there, but its become a substancial amount, so I included the newsletter promotion. If your entitled to it, then why not.

A rep finally got back to me today
    They said no such promotion was going on for any sims 3 product other than WA + Base Game

And I'm still waiting for a resolution for the store issue itself
  • twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited March 2012
    What we get free Sim points? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Maybe its a scam of some sort?
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I got the same email and no points after signing up. Also it wasn't a phishing email it took me directly to this site.
  • Dahanain13Dahanain13 Posts: 132 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I think it usually takes a few days for them to come through. I've also signed up (I can't say no to free sim points, they're like gold), but maybe it was just too good to be true.

-Fran
  • BunnyFatBunnyFat Posts: 199 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I received the same email, but it was a promotion for buying Showtime. It said the same thing - get 100 free points when I sign up for a VIP newsletter. I signed up and got the confirmation that I signed up, but I never got any points or any other email with a code for free points (like it said). Like you, I also have never received any help regarding the matter no matter who I go to. I know 100 points isn't much, but I would still like it.
  • sfw1962sfw1962 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Also got the same message regarding Showtime. Live chat was no help whatsoever. Have already sent two emails and gotten no response. WTG EA. Nice Customer Service. :evil:
  • evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2012
    I received that email also, and that was last week. So far I have not seen the 100 simpoints.
  • Dahanain13Dahanain13 Posts: 132 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I received my 100 Sim points yesterday in an e-mail. Has anyone else gotten theirs yet?

-Fran
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    TanyaWhan wrote:
    My amazing chat with 'online live support':Bare in mind I waited quite a while between responses!

You are now ready to chat with Treta.
    you:Hello?!
    Treta:Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Treta how may I help you?
    Treta:I am sorry.
    Treta:I would not be able to open it.
    Treta:Could you please elaborate your issue?
    you:So how can I resolve the outstanding issue?!
    Treta:May I know your issue please?
    you:I received an email 3 days ago with a promotional offer regarding Master Suite Stuff for the Sims 3...offering free sim points to sign up for the sims VIP Newsletter.
    you:I followed the link and registered, which I received a confirmation email back and am still waiting for the promised Sim Points to be credited to my account.
    Treta:Please allow me some time.
    you:Okay.
    (*waited what seemed like an eternity!)
    you:Is there an email I can forward the original email that I received to you or to someone that can resolve this issue? I have waited 3 days with no reply to the EA official email help.
    you:Sorry I'm not following? Okay what?
    (*waited another god know how long for a reply)
    Treta:I will forward your complaint to the complaint department.
    you:How do I get this resolved without waiting with no replies etc? Do you have a case number and advise me where I can actually contact someone to resolve this issue?
    Treta:It will be forwarded to the higher support.
    you:How would I check on it's progress?
    Treta:You will get the email.
    you:I've had an email and still have the outstanding issue....how long will this take?!
    (*waited 5 minutes for a reply)
    Treta:It will take some time.
    you:Wow. Appalling customer service.
    you:So do you have a case number or a receipt of proof that this has actually been sent to the complaints department?
    (*waited another 5 minutes for a reply)STILL NO REPLY! So I typed the following:
    you:Hello? Are you actually concentrating on one issue here because I am sat here waiting for a response?!(Waited another 4 minutes for a response)
    Treta:Yes.
    Treta:I am here.
    you:Seen as you haven't actually answered the above question I think you should be included in the complaint; I have sat here waiting for you to actually respond for some time and not only that you haven't answered what I asked prior to this. I look forward to hearing from the complaints team; it can't possibly be as shocking as this!(waited 5 minutes)
    you:If you feel this is good customer service you clearly need more training. I am signing off now. Thanks for referring my issue to the complaints department if you actually have even done that seen as I have no confidence in this 'so called service' at present or any proof that you have indeed done so.

At this point I ended the live chat as it was about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    I am in awe, never have I received such appaling customer service in my life and I'm someone who has a wealth of experience in over 10 years of customer driven roles....this is so bad it's laughable! 44 Minutes in total sat waiting for the above replies.

EA FAIL.

This is why I used the call back option. At least you know the language they are speaking and that they are just talking to you. I have gotten very good attention and solutions that way. The only problem is that its only available during business hours PST so if your overseas I realize that could be the middle of the night when they call you back. The most I have ever waited for a call back was 5 minutes and I did get undivided attention and no 4 minute pauses so the wait was worth it.