Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spousal Abandonment Glitch

Suddenly, I've had some sort of glitch thing occur to me twice in a matter of 30 minutes(maybe less) and I'm a bit confused. I was checking around my neighbourhood and noticed one Sim Lyle was living by himself-his wife Izzy missing. I thought maybe she died or something, but she moved into a new house! I got excited for a minute, thinking maybe they divorced on their own (is that cruel?) but then I saw that they both have the marriage symbol by each other's picture, but they aren't married in the family tree. Weird...just moved them back in together, but they stand apart in their pictures like strangers now.

So, then I got Brooke married to Kasey. Brooke has a son Mason from a previous relationship, and they her and Kasey had been dating for a long time and living together. I finally get them married, leave, come back, and suddenly Kasey is gone. Except I can't find him anywhere, you can call and invite him over, he says yes, but then immediately it pops up saying actually, something came up. Poor Brooke got pregnant on the honeymoon, still has they wedding day icon, and can't get her husband back! Worse than that, I bet she won't ever be able to get married again if I can't divorce her from Kasey! Oh, and when you hover over Kasey's icon he has no partner, and his step son just see's him as a friend.

Has this ever happened to anyone/any way to find Kasey if he keeps saying he won't come over? I mean, I can take a hint, he doesn't want to be married(no committment issues though), haha, but I really want her to be able to marry again! Any ideas???

Comments

• emailathomeemailathome Posts: 291 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If someone has young kids, especially babies, they might do that 'yes, I'll come over' then cancel thing. My guess is that they said yes, then realize no one is with the kids.
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This guy shouldn't have young kids though! He's just abadonned his pregnant wife, but doesn't have any others that I am aware of! Grr...I've avoided playing this neighbourhood because I wanted to find him...but I think poor Brooke will have to raise her kids on her own and apparently never marry, as she thinks she's married...oh dear. I guess she'll have to have a common law partner-although there is a risk of clone babies if she's not married, as I haven't gotten up the nerve to download the patch yet!! Ah, what to do!