Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Patch or Not to Patch?

2...Next

Comments

• Agent_66Agent_66 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think it clearly depends. If you were having problems before - like with SP and the other lists of things - then install the patch (removing any mods or CC if you use them). It's always a good idea to keep your game (and computer) updated with the latest patches.

With that said, I personally only had 1 or 2 issues with BOTH patches, however, not wanting to be one of the apparently thousands of people who were losing legacy sims due to story progression, I went ahead and installed Indie Stone.

I can say right now, for those that were using Indie Stone, there is an updated Awesomemod that will let you use Indie Stone. Out of all my CC, IS was the only one that had issues.

However, again as people mentioned, even people WITHOUT mods and CC are still having issues with update. Some are not. As SmustleQueen bove said, it's your choice, but from her experience she says no and she has mods.

Someone earlier who didn't have any mods also says no because it crashes her game. Mine crashed until I removed mods and placed them back in one at a time to see what was causing the issue (IS) and I'm fine now. Obviously uninstalling the game and reinstalling doesn't work.

It depends on what you have - have you just started and don't mind losing sims? Do you have a legacy family? What you do in the game will most likely be the deciding factor for you.
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for all the input! I'm still not sure...I have lost families and have had many annoying clone babies, so I'm excited about that being gone....however, I like playing and don't want to cause problems. I will probably hold off downloading it for awhile while I decide(and hope I don't lose anyone important sims in the mean time...I am backing up sims to the library like crazy and moving other people out frequently to try and avoid this!)
  • cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited August 2009
    my game didnt have any of the problems that the patch said it would correct. except with story progression, but i get bored with my sims really quick and i have the indie stone mod. im not downloading it because i KNOW with my luck it would crash my game even if i did delete all my mods and cc.

if it aint broke, dont fix it, in other words.