Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help US, Please Man Up And Fix The Problem You Caused (Sign Please)

BellaJeanBellaJean Posts: 69 New Member
HELP US PLEASE!!! My first Sims 3 didn't work and I even returned my copy to the store that I bought it from and they laughed at me when I told them I put the disk in my computer and it would not load or recognize it...they told me "there is no reason for ti to do that and maybe it is just my computer." I have 3 computers in my house one of which was built not even 3 months ago and I spent over 3,000 to build it...after a lot of back and forth rudeness they finally exchanged my copy...My new copy will start to at least load onto my computer and then it freezes about 1/4 of the way through and an error message pops up that tells me that the 1% on disk can not be read to continue please put %3 disk into drive %2....🐸🐸🐸🐸??? There is only one disk that is supposed to be 100% full? What is a drive %2...I have been counting down the days & hours for this release since NOVEMBER!!! You think they could take a moment to actually fix the game when they delayed the release...which they obviously didn't do...and now what? Are we just supposed to sit here and wait wait for E3 to be over...wait for them to release a patch...cause they really need to work on it a lot faster...they have a TON of loyal unhappy customers that are out their money and time...I have purchased every game and stuff pack for all of the Sims series from the Sims 1 to the Sims 2 and now the Sims 3?...you think they would be able to get it right by now? PLEASE HELP US!!! We are sitting here ripping our hair out and are frustrated a F! We are all at you mercy and power, so PLEASE HELP!!!\
Does everyone agree???

~Belle

/Sign if you agree

Comments

• BellaJeanBellaJean Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2009
    After lots of frustration and tears I figured out what is wrond and how to fix it here is the link to that post. Good luck to everyone that is still having trouble.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/8458.page#49662

~Belle
  • BizzairBizzair Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can se ebeing frustrated? But crying?

Its a game.. chill out!! Go for a drive or out with friends or something, its not the end of the world if your sims 3 wont run lol. Usually things like that tend to be more computer oriented. Since you dont sound very computer savy, try getting someone in your family to try a few things out like Defragging, etc.

Could be such a minor thing being overlooked or a specification not being met,
    edited June 2009
    Bizzair wrote:
    I can se ebeing frustrated? But crying?

Its a game.. chill out!! Go for a drive or out with friends or something, its not the end of the world if your sims 3 wont run lol. Usually things like that tend to be more computer oriented. Since you dont sound very computer savy, try getting someone in your family to try a few things out like Defragging, etc.

Could be such a minor thing being overlooked or a specification not being met,

No it was the game, I went and purchased my third copy and it installed and plays perfectly. I have built the last 2 of my computers, just because I am girl doesn't mean I am stupid. I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core, 8GB DDR3 Corsair Memory, 1000 Watts Corsair Power Supply Unit, ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB DDR5 Video Card...just to name the most recent computer I have built... Thanks for being an *** I was just trying so share how I felt and try to help others that are having issues with the Sims 3. Like said before, I bought a 3rd copy of the game and it installed and played just perfect, unlike the first two...I really have a feeling it was the game...
    ~Belle
  • gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    puhlease. My sims2 did the same thing. It ran fine on my computers for a while but after trying it on other computers yeah it did the same thing u are describing. Now i have my laptop and it did it again but after a few tries it worked. it wasn't the game because it worked fine before. my computer had something off.
  • JosieGallerieJosieGallerie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nice work pwning him BellaJean. My face hurts from laughing.
    My fav part was where he suggested getting someone from your family to defrag. Ow my cheeks.

Also my Sims won't run and even though it's not the end of the world I'm pretty sure it is one of the signs of the impending apocalypse.
  • gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i never saw a pwn.. lmao
    edited June 2009
    Thanks guys :) I am sad to hear that the Sims 3 isn't working for ya guys. It wasn't the end of the world when mine wouldn't work...twice...it was just really frustrated. You guys probably understand cause we have all been waiting for this game for a long time and to finally get it and not have it work...it just plain old sucks. I was so bummed about it my husband jokingly told me I should just kept telling me to buy copies of it until it worked...lol...I took what he said seriously and I did. I knew it wasn't any of my three computers. He wasn't to thrilled when I bought home my third purchased copy of the Sims 3...oh well it works :) I hope they get this mess fixed soon so everyone can enjoy the game that they paid for. Good luck guys!
    ~Belle
    edited June 2009
    Nice work pwning him BellaJean. My face hurts from laughing.
    My fav part was where he suggested getting someone from your family to defrag. Ow my cheeks.

Also my Sims won't run and even though it's not the end of the world I'm pretty sure it is one of the signs of the impending apocalypse.

Lol, it sure seems like it. I totally agree :) Hopefully they will get the bugs and quirks out of it soon before it becomes the end of the world.