Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confused And Very Angry

Comments

• Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    people from u.k complaining about 25gbp price, danes gotta pay 249kr, which is around 27gbp, 2gbp more than you guys, you don't see them coming here ******** about it.

lol. Do the dutch have their own area. I'm sure we'll make them welcome if not.

not sure about the dutch, but danish people don't :mrgreen:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2012
    Schantal wrote:

Oh gawd... :roll:

The reason it's more is because they have to pay Katy perry as well. So, SimGuruJen can't say it's because it's a "SUPER" pack. If they charged the same amount then how would Katy Perry get paid exactly? So, no, it isn't $10 more because it's a "SUPER" pack. That's just not realistic.

Roll your eyes all you want.. Kinda obvious it's hard for you to see the price IS realistic? They probably already Paid Katy!.. & to add the extra costs more! Flat Out.. The content clearly shows more **** in it than an original SP.. Who are you to call someone a Liar?!....

Sn: I need to stop right here before I get upset..
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    people from u.k complaining about 25gbp price, danes gotta pay 249kr, which is around 27gbp, 2gbp more than you guys, you don't see them coming here ******** about it.

lol. My bad.
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:

lol. My bad.

not a problem, i'm not danish but my hubby is :mrgreen:

anyways, I think things in europe are more expensive than u.s because of VAT. but hey, you guys get free health care, so it's not that bad. :wink:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2012
    Tina180 wrote: Roll your eyes all you want.. Kinda obvious it's hard for you to see the price IS realistic? They probably already Paid Katy!.. & to add the extra costs more! Flat Out.. The content clearly shows more **** in it than an original SP.. Who are you to call someone a Liar?!....

Lol, I never said it wasn't realistic. I said it's that much because she has to get paid as well. Did you read my post at all? I simply said that they shouldn't lie about why it costs that much, I never said it wasn't realistic ;-).

I didn't call YOU a liar so calm the heck down. If you can't have a calm convorsation you don't belong on the forums. No one is attacking you...and I rolled my eyes because you asked her to add you as a friend after writing your rant and it just seemed random lol, not because of what you said... :roll:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2012
    Personally I like every stuff pack they did with Fast Lane being the weakest in my opinion it still had some cars I liked and Master Suites being the best so far.

Townlife was very useful as it lets me add some of the modern venues to other towns case and point the laundromat and the tl bistro. The tl bistro is needed in Starlight Shores because the bistro they have doesn't let sims eat outside together even though it has tables and chairs.

Outdoor Life was my second favorite as it adds a lot of stuff for the outdoors including 5 hottubs some of which looks better then the ones from Late Night.

Highend Loft another one of my favs goes great with the future shock theme in the store and also works great in Lunar Lakes.

I think Jennifer and the stuff pack team do a great job and this is my personal opinion so please no one flame me for it. Just my two cents.
    edited April 2012
    Personally I like every stuff pack they did with Fast Lane being the weakest in my opinion it still had some cars I liked and Master Suites being the best so far.

Townlife was very useful as it lets me add some of the modern venues to other towns case and point the laundromat and the tl bistro. The tl bistro is needed in Starlight Shores because the bistro they have doesn't let sims eat outside together even though it has tables and chairs.

Outdoor Life was my second favorite as it adds a lot of stuff for the outdoors including 5 hottubs some of which looks better then the ones from Late Night.

Highend Loft another one of my favs goes great with the future shock theme in the store and also works great in Lunar Lakes.

I think Jennifer and the stuff pack team do a great job and this is my personal opinion so please no one flame me for it. Just my two cents.

Not dissing (or even trying) the work that the SP team do. They do a good job. It's marketing I'm annoyed with. We need one of them to try and convince us that the prices they're selling it for are reasonable.
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2012
    Schantal wrote:
    Lol, I never said it wasn't realistic. I said it's that much because she has to get paid as well. Did you read my post at all? I simply said that they shouldn't lie about why it costs that much, I never said it wasn't realistic ;-).

I didn't call YOU a liar so calm the heck down. If you can't have a calm convorsation you don't belong on the forums. No one is attacking you...and I rolled my eyes because you asked her to add you as a friend after writing your rant and it just seemed random lol, not because of what you said... :roll:

There's Holes all in your story, Clean it up!..
    Schantal wrote:
    So, no, it isn't $10 more because it's a "SUPER" pack. That's just not realistic

Schantal wrote:
    not a big deal, but don't lie about it please. Let's call a spade a spade :hunf:

Like I said who are you to say she's Lying? You were not talking to me but you should have never referenced "My" Comment to make your statement!

Further more.. Do you have any Idea how long ago I sent GuruJenn that request?.. I just used this opportunity to get her attention and that request was sent long ago! So roll your eyes because it appeared I had just sent the request right? Ha.. No!

Sn: A calm conversation was not offered after you quoted me to roll your eyes.. Your tone was addressed to me when I wasn't even talking to you.. Now LOL at that...... :roll:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2012
    Umm, to answer the one with the Danish hubby - we don't have free health care. Just for me and my hubby our healthcare costs 183 dollars a week and we still have to pay co-payments for doctors visits, prescriptions, and everything, plus have deductibles to pay in each area - doctor appts, prescriptions, and hospital visits per year. I wish we had free health care, but one third of our monthly income goes to healthcare here - at least in my house. If we had kids our costs would double for every child over 2 kids.

Now back to KP and the Sweet Treats - which by the way I know I am happy enough about. I love the three Venues - that's something one does not usually see in stuff pack unless it is a whole stuff pack of Venues - but this stuff pack has some furniture, Venues, clothes, and hairs. And where I live it is about 6 dollars more than the normal stuff pack. So seems fair to me. Have any of you been to the grocery store lately? Not only has every thing gone up they have shrunk all the packages so they have lots less in them. Open a can of tuna - it's half water for crying out loud and over a dollar a can. I used to get 5 sandwishes out of a can of tuna - now you are lucky to get 2 and the cost is 3 times what it used to cost for a can that is the same size - just half is water.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited April 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Umm, to answer the one with the Danish hubby - we don't have free health care. Just for me and my hubby our healthcare costs 183 dollars a week and we still have to pay co-payments for doctors visits, prescriptions, and everything, plus have deductibles to pay in each area - doctor appts, prescriptions, and hospital visits per year. I wish we had free health care, but one third of our monthly income goes to healthcare here - at least in my house. If we had kids our costs would double for every child over 2 kids.

I know, i was saying europe pays more because of higher tax, but that tax goes towards free health care. I'm from the state, so i know how that goes, my dad had to go to an emergency room without health insurance, ended up paying 3000 for ambulance + emergency care. My in-laws think u.s is some backward country after they saw that documentary 'sicko' :roll:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    edited April 2012
    Tell me about it. I live in fear everyday as I have leukemia and if it comes to the point I need the full blown meds to keep this from killing me, I can just kiss my bottom good bye, as my insurance will not even consider those kind of medications and they are 30,000 dollars a dose. So I just bide my time and pray a lot. As it is I have to pay over 300 a month just for what I have to take and half of it makes me ill at times. I have been ill all this week from it. Oh well - at least this happy pack will make me smile a little between my tears. It is for my fantasy world where I'll be wishing I can jump into and become a sim where they don't get leukemia out of the blue with no warnings.

Anyway thanks for replying. I thought you were talking about us over in the USA.

I should move to the UK - but they probably wouldn't want me. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited April 2012
    And i bet the extra they are charging does not all go to her i bet Ea keeps a nice fat chunk of that for their own greed .

Some might go to EA since it does have more stuff in it, by a few things, but KP gets her big cut. What do you think the Katy Perry Collector's Edition cost so much more then the Showtime Edition? Not cause EA added a sim of KP but because KP wanted a hefty sum to splash her name and likeness across a box and some advertisements.

So you can't blame EA for all of it just to save KP from her involvement. She is counting the royalties more then she is playing her self-sim in ST. :)
    edited April 2012
    I figure if it gives me some joy and seeing I am limited in what I can do to find joy, it is still cheaper than a pair of theater tickets, and the thing about the theater tickets, once you see the movie - that's it - no more joy. I can have the joy for as long as I want to play it (God willing) - so it is worth it to me.

I totally play this game to escape real life - you would too if you were in my shoes - so I have no intentions of playing this game like life or realistic for about 90 per cent of the time (beside measured to my life now - it is not realistic anyway, I assure you). When I get content that helps me make my game more fantasy - all the better. This makes it easier and is more than worth a few bucks more - I don't give a heck who's name is associated with it aas long as it is for the Sims 3 and made by EA.

But I do get where not everyone walks in my shoes and likes realism 24/7 or even those that do not, but can't take this particular pack - I get it. I am just glad EA thought about those of us like me or who did like this kind of thing - what ever the reason.

Believe me when you walk a mile in my shoes you sure do see things a whole lot differently than even the day before you started on the journey. I mean like a complete 360. Two years ago I probably would not have given a pack like this a second thought and would have silently passed it up.

So there are lots of very good reasons why some of us might like it now that are not 12 years old or girlie girls or even great big KP fans.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Tommy92Tommy92 Posts: 230 New Member
    edited April 2012
    And i bet the extra they are charging does not all go to her i bet Ea keeps a nice fat chunk of that for their own greed .
    sue6661 wrote:
    The price for this pack is because it's a special edition that we're calling a 'mega stuff' or 'super stuff' pack. It has a lot more content than a standard Stuff Pack.
    Mega stuff pack my **** you are just getting greedy plain and simple i have bought every sim ep and sp from day one of the sims and im not happy about this it should be no more then £15.00 :thumbdown:

^ This.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It's also much bigger than other Sims 3 stuff packs.

This is not true at all. It's an increase of just 2 items from a standard stuff pack. Majority of it is clothing. The 3 open venues are nothing but a hangout (which we can already make), a pool (which again you can already make), and a park (which again you can already make). It does not have more items than a standard stuff pack, it has one song extra from katy perry but last i checked a single song didn't cost a customer 10 bucks.

10 dollar royalty a pack and it's nothing but 2 items more is a rip off.

Let me also add that the park doesn't even have any icecream themed playground toys, the pool doesn't even have any fun toys to play on like a poolside or anythng of that nature, and the hangout is is just as dull.

Again why is this called a mega stuff pack it costs close to the amount of 2 stuff packs however I don't see players getting double the amount of items.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2012
    TINA180 wrote:
    Schantal wrote:

The reason it's more is because they have to pay Katy perry as well. So, SimGuruJen can't say it's because it's a "SUPER" pack. If they charged the same amount then how would Katy Perry get paid exactly? So, no, it isn't $10 more because it's a "SUPER" pack. That's just not realistic.

Roll your eyes all you want.. Kinda obvious it's hard for you to see the price IS realistic? They probably already Paid Katy!.. & to add the extra costs more! Flat Out.. The content clearly shows more **** in it than an original SP.. Who are you to call someone a Liar?!....

No. The price is NOT realistic.

It is completely irrational to pay $40 USD + tax for a SP, with a theme which most of the fan base didn't care for in the first place!

A good benchmark of a company's Goodwill is its customer relations and how well it treats its customer base. In producing a SP like this, they have completely ignored the feedback from the customer base on desired game content. Content which has been requested since the base game btw. It is unrealistic and disingenious to

1)Exclude the majority of your customers and make a SP which targets a specific minority segment of the fan base (predominantly girls, tweens & kids)

2)promoting the unpopular SP using celebrity branding

3)doing a ridiculous price hike to cover your overhead costs

4) expecting your customers to pay for this marketing scheme by passing on the royalty costs to your customers behind the guise of a "super SP"

5) be condescending enough to expect your fan base is naive enough to buy all the bull puckey being promoted in #1 -#4??? :?

What was the point of polling the fan base if you're not going to provide them with the game content that's being requested??? :?
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012
    It's not even a super stuff pack all the sudden a guru labels it that and it is one. Show me exactly how because i counted those items and it didn't even ammount to 70 it amounted to 66.

It has 1 xtra song wth am i suppose to do with that. It's not a mega pack it doesn't have 128 items in it it's not even a medium pack it the same as any expansion pack.

3 venues that we have in game already i dont' need a nother pool, park, or silly hangout and certainly don't want the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ones that came with the game. I'd delete those of the lot in a second. So explain to me again what is so mega about this stuff pack.

Ii could see if it was 3 brand new venues, an icecream parlor, a candy store, and a sweet treat bakery. NO it is none of the above. Mega pack my foot that is a just strait up lying to the fanbase right there. If that's the case where is the rest of it?
  • dorotkaeladorotkaela Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2012
    This stuff pack is going to cost £24.99???! Just when I thought it can't get any more ridicoulus...
  • mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited April 2012
    The price for this pack is because it's a special edition that we're calling a 'mega stuff' or 'super stuff' pack. It has a lot more content than a standard Stuff Pack.

A LOT MORE STUFF THAT WE DON'T NEED?!?!?
    edited April 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    It's not even a super stuff pack all the sudden a guru labels it that and it is one. Show me exactly how because i counted those items and it didn't even ammount to 70 it amounted to 66.

It has 1 xtra song wth am i suppose to do with that. It's not a mega pack it doesn't have 128 items in it it's not even a medium pack it the same as any expansion pack.

3 venues that we have in game already i dont' need a nother pool, park, or silly hangout and certainly don't want the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ones that came with the game. I'd delete those of the lot in a second. So explain to me again what is so mega about this stuff pack.

Ii could see if it was 3 brand new venues, an icecream parlor, a candy store, and a sweet treat bakery. NO it is none of the above. Mega pack my foot that is a just strait up lying to the fanbase right there. If that's the case where is the rest of it?

I did come to the same conclusion. I'm fed up banging the same old drum. After two days it's gotten boring. It's even more stupidly overpriced if you're somewhere other than America or Canada. I'd have more respect if they'd have turned around and said quite obviously "We're sorry you don't like the price but Katy Perry needs her royalties, so we're going to stick it to you instead". Sheer honesty, instead of a complete lie.

Trust me, I counted where possible. HELS and TLS had the mid sixties mark. MSS had the most as far as my counting went. It's really difficult to find a site with any form of number.
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2012
    Anavastia wrote:

SimsVIP counted and came out to 67 items, plus the one song and the three venues. So 71 if you're being generous and counting the venues. That's not a super stuff pack.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2012
    High-End Loft - 66 items + 15 patterns on installation or accompanying patch

Fast Lane - 68 items + 1 radio station + 1 trait

Outdoor Living - 64 items

Town Life - 70 items, 7 Lots

Katy Perry bollocks - 67 items + 3 venues (speculated AND uncomfirmed)

We seriously need an official count to even start to justify the price of this. The item count can't be right if it is a "super pack"

SimGuruJenn any chance of an accurate count? Because at the moment it seems like the extra money is Katy Perry royalties. And for what? A dodgy image of her on the cover and a few hours of her time to film a sad promotional video? Sheeesh.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:

That's a blooming silly reason for sticking an extra £15 on the price of it, Reg. Normal cost of a SP to me is £9.99. The cost of this oh so exclusive so much bigger pack to me would be £24.99.

They said Showtime was bigger too. Nobody stuck a £15 surcharge on it. An extra £5 for the KP edition, I believe. May even have been £10.

We're paying all that extra because it's got Katy Perry's darned name on it, not because it's bigger.

It is not to EA, If EA sold the SP at let's say regular price and they must pay KP for every SP that is sold, EA figures they would lose money so they tack on an extra $10 to ensure they still get the same income as if they would have if it was sold at regular price. Now they are counting people buying it, so it is a gamble they are taking.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited April 2012
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:

That's a blooming silly reason for sticking an extra £15 on the price of it, Reg. Normal cost of a SP to me is £9.99. The cost of this oh so exclusive so much bigger pack to me would be £24.99.

They said Showtime was bigger too. Nobody stuck a £15 surcharge on it. An extra £5 for the KP edition, I believe. May even have been £10.

We're paying all that extra because it's got Katy Perry's darned name on it, not because it's bigger.

It is not to EA, If EA sold the SP at let's say regular price and they must pay KP for every SP that is sold, EA figures they would lose money so they tack on an extra $10 to ensure they still get the same income as if they would have if it was sold at regular price. Now they are counting people buying it, so it is a gamble they are taking.

All well and good, Goldmar, but $30 USD to me would be £18 GBP. That being the case where's the extra £7 going?

ETA: I also understand that they've to pay Ms Perry and hope to make a profit for themselves, but can't they tell me truthfully that that is where the money is going instead of feeding me some twaddle that it's a super pack because it's got about 7 more items than a regular SP.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2012
    TINA180 wrote:
    Schantal wrote:

Not necessarily true depending on how her contract with EA was written up and I betting she is entitled to a cut on every SP sold and may have also got some cash upfront. However, all we can do is spectulate being we was not in the same room when a deal was made. Sure people get angry but EA has the right to charge whatever fee they deem fit. The choice we get to make is we do not have to buy or make the purchase. It is the breaks and when launch day comes it will tell if EA succeded or not. I am not angry about because it is only a game, a game one can live without.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen